Placement matches, what's the point?

I’m a casual player, but this is just BS … 4 wins 1 lost as tank ( gold kills, dmg and objective time, silver objective kills), same as support (support I was trying really hard, gold healing, dmg, kills, silver objective kills and objective time) and yet again … bottom silver for tank and middle bronze as support … so what’s the point of placement games?! When no matter how hard you try to play those couple of games u still get spit in the face by the system ?! As I said many times before I’m not saying/claiming that I’m some plat/diamond, but hell sure I’m a gold one !
Reason why I’m claiming this is because, when I play competitive open que I always end up in gold, why because I have freedom to change not just hero but class as well in order to counter enemy team and win objective.

This system is flawed and it needs to be change ! I tried so many time to climb up from those division (bronze and silver) and believe it or not, I come so close to get into next division (literally win or two) but some how, next several games I always get few players who trolls so hard that lost is imminent, so I fall back to where I was and same story happens ever season … and yes, after that I don’t have will, not to try climb again but to play at all till end of the season.

So for god sake do something about this stupid system, make some soft reset of MMR or change system so that it counts all you do during the match in order to achieve win. If you don’t know how ask your colleagues from Activision because they implemented that system in CoD, system that even if you lose match, but perform well, you still get more point (MMR) then other players who were just running around like a brainless zombies.

1 Like

CoD is also much simpler with way less variables to judge performance on.

It just isn’t as simple as people think it is.

1 Like

How come you are not able to climb but others are?

1 Like

I climb as dmg (in gold now) but as tank or support I cant, I literally come to a point where I just need one more win to go into next in division and I just cant pass it … lost after lost … I can’t explain it …

Don’t worry about it. As long as you keep improving, you’ll be fine.

SR, and what rank you are in are nothing to worry about. Just keep playing and learning.