Plat 5 to Silver 2 in 2 adjustments?

Hey all! I hate to be that guy writing in the forums about my rank but I’m so curious. I was plat 5 seasons 1-3 and in season 4. I went on a losing streak in s4 and deranked to either gold 2 or gold 4 (I don’t remember) in one go, and I thought well that sucks but fair enough, I lost a lot. I then played with a friend and we won all 5 games iirc and then I deranked to silver 2 in one go from the gold rank and now despite having won a fair few games I just can not get out of silver 2. I guess I’m just confused about this.

Does this mean I’m actually silver 2 and was somehow bluffing on plat 5 this whole time (because I know MMR was adjusted this season or something right)? Is it normal to derank 4 ranks at a time, especially despite winning all 5 games with no losses? Has anyone else experienced this and gotten out of this lower rank? It would just help me to know because at the moment competitive has become a lot less fun with me thinking I don’t deserve to be in this rank but if I actually do then I suppose I can’t complain much and I’ll go back to playing exclusively quick play. So yeah, just wanted your thoughts I guess.

Have a nice day!

Sadly. Yes.

Your MMR was never plat, but you won games to get there.

You’re probably a low gold player on current skills. So you should be able to push a little, then have to improve drastically to keep going back up.