Please dont merge ow1 and 2

In my opinion I hate Overwatch 2 already, I hate having 1 less tank, I hate the new play style of it and this will literally be the absolute end of my overwatch days.

Me and about 4 friends all think the same, we all have beta access and we still choose to play OW1, by taking OW1 away you leave us with nothing.

LEARN FROM WOW, how many people played in WOTLK then quit cata, played Legion and quit BFA.
This will be exactly what happens with OW1 and OW2, people who still play and enjoy OW1 will leave the game completely and OW2 wont draw in the fanbase that OW1 did because of how Blizzard handles things.

You need to make a private server or have access to OW1 because I’m telling you OW2 will be the death of Overwatch. I was right about BFA, right about Shadowlands, right about Warcraft 3 remake and D2 remake.

PLEASE LISTEN TO MEEEEEEE

10 Likes

No sequel was going to please everyone.

If you don’t like it when it comes to live, don’t play it. Move on.

But don’t judge it on the beta. As that’s not fully changed

1 Like

You will prob be able to make a custom game.

Exactly the point I was going to make but with cosmetics look at mine it’ll tell u

I agree overwatch 2 should not replace overwatch.

4 Likes

Oh well. Not a lot you can do now except just get on with it.

Yeah either I can bend over and accepted or I can voice dissatisfaction with the change. The more discussion about the topic and the more people speak out, the more likely Blizzard will listen.

You’ve definitely voiced it. Not going to change anything though. So is it really worth wasting your time and energy on.

They will have made this decision a long time ago. A few voice on the forums (that they already pay very little attention to), isn’t going to change that. Knowing how much a pain in the rear Sony can be, they probably can’t even change it in time for October even if they wanted to.

2 Likes

At least it’ll be more likely to change if people speak out against it rather than say nothing.

So yeah I don’t expect it to change but doesn’t mean I’m going to shut up about it.

Blizzard has definitely listened in the past when enough people spoke out against unwanted changes, or at the very least offered some kind of compromise.

In theory yes. In reality, no. It is happening. You’ve got 10(ish) weeks to say your goodbyes to OW1. Make peace with your mistakes, reminisce in your successes and move on.

The reality is that Blizzard has listened in the past so I have reason to believe they can change things again or at the very least offer a compromise.

Isn’t in their interest though. They want us all in 2 and buying battlepasses.

Also, apart from you, and maybe 1 or 2 others, there really hasn’t been any noise about people wanting to keep 1 (although I have no doubts there is a good few people, like yourself, do).

They will offer the same reason they binned off adding a “vanilla” mode to current OW. Too costly in both time and resources to do.

Not really my problem as a player. That’s a business problem for them. Why would I want to advocate for their bottom line rather than my interests as a player?

Exactly which is why more people need to speak out.

Rubbish. No other game developer company completely kills off their previous game when they release the sequel.

Maybe not. But blizzard will. To a point.

There is always the don’t play option if OW2 really isn’t for you.

It’s had a good run, time to move with the times or move on to pastures new. Not sure there is any video game out there worth getting worked up over. They all come and go.

1 Like

Overwatch 2 is a fine game. It’s just not the game that I purchased.

Oh well, it isn’t what I purchased either. But I got my money’s worth. Time to move on.

I’ll play OW2. OW1 now isn’t the game I purchased either. So makes no difference to me.

If you don’t care that’s fine for you but those of us that actually care about this will speak out about it.

“Time to move on” is what people like you told me when they forced role queue on everyone. Didn’t shut me up then and won’t shut me up now.

1 Like

I never said I didn’t care. It just doesn’t make any difference.

I could think OW1 was the greatest game ever and OW2 was a big steaming pile… Wouldn’t matter. OW2 is replacing it. Time to just get on with it.

Bigger fish to fry out there.

True. There is no shutting you up, that we know.

1 Like

ow 1 isnt going anywhere.

Personaly loved the changes in beta. As did all my friends and a big majority of players. Most complains have been about not having enough changes. Game as is now have been slowly dying for 2 years. Its big change or go home. Nochanges does that. I dont really get how you formed your opinion. I think you guys are a really small minority. I wouldnt be against them keeping a overwatch 1 server but i know i would never play on it and neither would 99% of the players so i dont think its worth it for them. If you want that to happen you need to bring together more people, a thread on the forum is not enough for what youre asking.

Overwatch has been my favorite shooter since launch so i just want whats best for it. And to say that i have nothing against you, just found this interesting