Punish people who don't counterpick

Almost every game I’m not dps I get in a team with a Hanzo, Genji, Widow or Doomfist DPS (or even worse, both do it) who refuses to play anything but that champion. Needless to say the odds of winning decrease drastically with these kind of teammates. The solution is simple: If you only play as 1 champion you will only be teamed with people who do the exact same thing.

and why u dont switch your tank to counter if u want to counter a dps or a support,oh yea becouse u are a toxic hardstuck and blame the dps becouse they are not carring u

today one teammate wanted to report me for not switching off widowmaker well guess what im not in queue for 10 mins to get in match and play what others want and not what i want or enjoy so go ahead report me for what exactly? i was playing good and doing good but they didn’t like my pick lol im a hanzo onetrick with 600 hours and i’ve had many “swap off BabyRage ; reported ; etc etc” but i didn’t care and kept playing i was silver in my first season (s7) im 3.8k now so if i swapped every time someone cried in my team i would be still silver instead of masters and i would be still bad at hero because i wouldn’t have experience at it also people saying “practice in quick play” no quick play is not same as comp you get bronze/silver/plat/gm/masters/diamond players mixed up and not same skill level as you so if you pop off in qp you will get rolled in comp match so i always play in comp

If you believe it doesn’t harm anybody if you don’t counterpick (play 1 champ all game) why would you mind being queued with people who believe the exact same thing?

Steady point there, and we should definitely push for this solution!

Definetly not.

These users have bought their product, they should not be punished for playing what they desire to play.

This is limiting the playerbase, trust me alot of players don’t want this.

Why? Because there is a difference between roles. I onetrick Ashe since season 13. I play at a master level and if I switched I would literally throw even harder because I don’t know how to play those heroes on a master level. Tank however is a different story. My tank rating is at 3.2k and I can play Winston, Rein Zarya and D.Va on the same level without nearly as much playtime. Tank’s rely way more on positioning.

Also I can play what I want because I bought this game.

People are allowed to play whatever they like.

If someone isn’t doing the job you want them too, tough. All you can do is avoid and move on.

You can only control what you do.