Ranked avoid list for leavers (would be great if OW2 has it)

There are different types of people ruining the ranked games of a team, this post is an idea for leavers only …so talk about throwers, smurft etc. in another post svp…
People leaving during a game and not returning is the easiest proof to have (throwers, smurfs, & hackers are debateable but leavers , no matter the excuse, are just a fact100% a fact)

Ok so why am I making this topic? Well I did my 1st ranked placement and as soon as the opponents got the 1st point…we had a leaver.
Could be a disconnect ?..seeing the replay it’s obvious it’s not, this person also didn’t come back .
Ofcourse I reported the leaver for gamesabotage but I have 0 faith in the current system that is in place.
The system could be working but who can tell ? the communication towards the person that made the report is minimal.

I’ve made a couple of suggestions over the years on the EU and US forums but 0 responds of Blizzard employees that I can remember …alot of people that agree / disagree but all of us have 0 impact on the game as long as we are no big Youtubers or league players…so it seems…
So let’s see if Blizzard could prove me wrong by responding to this idea

So it’s time for a new suggestion that could be an improvement for the game and is easy to implement for Blizzard
My suggestion : Ranked avoid list for leavers ( not the 3 avoid spots we have atm)
If a person leaves a ranked game and doesn’t come back I don’t want that person ever in my ranked games again
The 3 avoid spots we have now in the game are not sufficient.
If a person leaves the match and doesn’t return during that match an “avoid leaver” list should be prompted for the rest of the team after the match.
People can click to "avoid leaver"and this person should come on an avoid leaver list + a report ticket will be automatically made for blizzard.

So why all the trouble for making a new avoid list next to the ecisting 3 spots ?

• 1 us the customers, see direct actions taken after a leaver in a game
    -2 an easier auto report system couldn’t be made fairer
    (and in cause the leaver had to leave for a legit in-real-life situation, he/she will only
    be avoided by max. 4 people, the automated report system on the players account cab
    always be reviewed by a Blizzard employee to see if the gamer leaves alot during a
    season or if this was an exception)
    -3 in the long term this would benedit Blizzard support , so they can focus on other things.
    No false report for leaving can be made if the system doesn’t see a leaver during the
    game no “avoid leaver” report can be made

People making false reports should be a nightmare for Blizz support.
All of you reading this thread can go into a Quickplay and report people for leaving…
Why is this an option for QP? (also goes for all other non-ranked modes)

Make a system as I suggest for leavers, and remove the report system for leavers we have atm…test this new system out …adjust it…make it work and think about how you can make apply this for other topics (cheaters, throwers, toxic behaviour etc. etc.)

This could be such mountain of an improvement for you players and your own customer support…and it’s only for a small segment…imagine what you can acchief (for the rest) if this new system proves to be working

1 Like

I don’t believe this is workable, in a system already laboured with excessive queue times.

Leavers get automatic time penalties and SR hits.

Avoiding a specific leaver is pointless as you won’t be matching with them anytime soon (assuming your mentality is good and your trying to git gud and climb)

It can work, seeing this from a programable viewpoint

You just don’t see the bigger picture it seems, but that doesn’t matter I can explain more if you want me to

“Assuming you metality” is not an issue since my post is also to improve the system itself.
It’s outdated & doesn’t work as it supposed to work
With the benetit it would also helpout Blizz support themself

1 question you can perhaps answer ? not direct related to this topic but since you bring up penalties for the leaver
If your team has a leaver and you are support for example …will you also get punished ?
Your healing, dps and gameplay in general could be influenced in a negative way because of the healer… will that not punish your own personal SR ? and forces the game to place you lower?

It could, if you’re of weak mental that instantly assumes it’s lost.

You may end up losing that game. But 1 match isn’t a season. Leavers won’t impact your overall SR progression (if that’s your concern)

The only leavers of concern are rage quitters. And if someone on your team rage quits, chances are you’re getting rolled and probably going to lose anyways. So it doesn’t actually have that much impact. You can just wait the timer out and leave early too.

I hope the 5 player will help the Q times a lot more so this kind of thing could be a possibility.

I had an idea, maybe give the account a debuff if they quit and not return, a debuff that places them with other leavers that have left games previously so the people that don’t leave games have more of a chance of playing with similar people. Although this idea could be very tricky for Queue times and taking SR into account.

I get your frustration as it’s not fair for the team when someone decides to rage quit.

1 Like

That would also be a poor idea.

The current system is fine. You leave, you can’t play for a bit.

Forced avoid technically.

I’d prefer being able search for users to add to your 3 avoids.

No no no , why are you bringing up weak mental ? is that your issue ?
I never said anything about me giving up before the game ends, so why bring it into this conversation ?

For what i said “will you also get punished”, let me further explain.
If I am healing above average I will climb the SR ladder
When you have a leaver you might heal less…not on purpose …but the enemy presure on you and your team might be higher, which can lead to faster deaths
So you healing will become lesser then average and your SR will bring you lower down the rank ladder

That is more what I mean.
Sorry if my communication isn’t that good…rather talk to people in person so you can see the reactions if they have an understanding of what you just said.

1 thing I can tell you is that I am always looking for a positive way to make the game better …so you can leave all the negative things you might think i mean out…
My post are intended to improve on the game…not to bring it down…there is an easy solution if i would’t like the game…dont play the game :slight_smile:

side note

No it’s not.
I adressed an isue (able to make false report for example). So that’s an example for my argument
Simply saying it’s fine without backing up why it’s fine, it’s just naive thinking
it’s cute but you also downplaying all the people reporting all the issues in this or US forum

1 Like

Blizzard should change how Leavers work.
If someone leaves, everyones game is cancelled and SR returned, the leavers is punished with a great SR loss and timed ban.
If a person on the team is their friend, then they get a counted loss to SR only.

Just a potential solution. But the current solution is not ideal, it doesn’t serve to be compettiive, why should the entire team get punished due to some childish idiot who decides to leave or can’t fix their own internet issues. Just now I’ve had 3 games in a row with leavers, all of which counted as losses.

Not a bad idea.

I agree to an extent but what if they never suffer internet issues but then suddenly something goes wrong, or a powercut. But I agree mostly people just leave and rage quit not caring about their SR loss or the teams.