Ranked Matchmaking busted?

Competitive Matchmaking is broken right? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So I know I’m not that good of a Player. I managed to rank up all the way from Bronze in season 1 to plat 3 in the last two seasons. But the matchmaking seems so unfair.
The loop is always the same, rank up to plat 3 get stomped back down to gold 1. It would be okay if the games would be close but it’s gods vs noobs. And my friends have the same issue with even higher ranks. But they are on the other side. As high diamonds and master players they have games where they stomp the enemy team so hard it’s like they play against low difficulty bots.

In “OW1” I could see after every game how my rank changes. But now I’m totally in the dark. It gets even worse because 1 of 20 games I can see in the start screen what the other players ranks are and those are the fair games. I cant even check the ranks because all profiles are private per default.

Really is it just me, who cant manage to keep my rank or is the matchmaker really busted and mixes players together how pleases? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And don’t get me wrong quickplay works great. Games are really fun and sometimes even more competitive than the competitive games. (And less toxic mostly)
And yes I want to play ranked because I want my golden weapons :wink:

1 Like

I’ve reported this issue in another post. I’ve got a code for a match where the difference in the tank ranks was massive.

Blizzard haven’t got in touch with me yet… but I doubt they will do. They’re clearly hiding the SR/Peoples ranks to suppress the visuals of bugs being in play at this time.

Other people including myself have reported positive placement wins over losses, yet got a derank even when the role was played only hours ago (decay happens over weeks rather than hours)…

If you mainly play one role the decay on other roles can cause the demotion

Indeed, which is why I reported my observations.

These observations?

If you play only dps (for example)
Then support and tank mmr decay, which as stated above, could pull down your rank and cause demotion even when going 5/2

Matchmaking is a different issue and i don’t think it was addressed much if at all in the latest comms.

You’ll see that I was playing the same role that I was playing only hours earlier. Rank decay wouldn’t happen that quickly.

I recently had a tank game where I was matched up against a player who was Master 1, my tank at the time of that match was diamond 2 my peak diamond 1. I thought it was meant to match the sr as close as possible to mine? So why was I put up against a tank who was a whole skill tier ahead? Was there no diamond 2 tanks playing? I’m not a bad tank player but I don’t think I should have been matched up against that player.

Significant time between playing other roles

Decay could kick in for the lesser played roles and cause the derank

Exactly the same issue I reported. Blizzard haven’t approached me for the code so they can investigate it lol.

This game is riddled with incompetence.