Ranking bugged in bronze 5

My team player:
Bronze 5, wins 5 with 0 losses, best stats in match’s and still remains at bronze 5?
Our team have all played the same games, one healer is bronze 5, the other plat4, both with equal stats?.
Same as both DPS.
So = a bug report
Tech support msg me if you require the teams ow names

1 Like

Have same thing. Get 5 win in the row twice, still bronze 5. Look like they create for us elo hell.

I keep getting this, I even got it to rank up at one point and then after winning 5 and loosing 3 I was ranked down

Hey there,

So there are a couple of things going on here.

The first is, there was an issue where a some players were getting stuck at a specific percentage in their rank thus not being able to gain or lose rank. That is something that is being looked into but I do not have an ETA on a resolution to that particular issue.

The second thing that happens is that you may be super deep into bronze 5. Bronze 5 rating range is about 5x wider than any other rank.

(These are not real numbers, just an easy example)
Bronze five covers rating from 0-1000
Whereas
Bronze for would cover 1000-1200.

It can take a ton of games to get yourself out of Bronze 5. Since you can’t see your hidden rating it can be tough to see any progress. The Devs did recently add a way to see % in rank (little number under the rank itself) If that is changing when reranking, then it’s just a matter of digging yourself out. If that number remains the same after multiple reranks, then it is likely the issue I mentioned before.

1 Like

i got 5 wins with 1 lose and every time i get bronze 5

1 Like

Bronze 5 is the biggest tier. Just because you get 5 wins (roughly 125 sr?) Doesn’t mean that you reach past 1000 sr (Which i think is the limit for bronze 4).

If you’re in the middle of b5 it will take a lot of victories to climb to bronze 4, after which the tiers between ranks will be around 200sr.

(I could be mistaken with the numbers, but they work as an example and shouldn’t be too far off)

Hey,

So I’ve won 73 games this season, still stuck in bronze 5. My most recent game was in a silver 5 lobby (which I won - and was my 5-0) but I’m still stuck in bronze 5?

Are we sure this isn’t a bug?

Thanks!

1 Like

If you’ve lost around 37 games during this, then you should be at the very edge of rising.

If you somehow haven’t lost around that many games this season, then it could really be a bug.

Im having the exact same issue as you. Ive been stuck in bronze 5 all season. Have 90+ wins and alot of the times i lose hardly any games if none at all and still the percent stays the same. For the last 4 or 5 rank ups ive stayed 97% better than everybody else in bronze 5 and thats no matter what i do. I csnt play with any of my friends anymore :joy: so please fix this bug

That is certainly an explanation. It is very good explanation of very bad system. So for some reason you decided that people will be matched in some granular fashion, with people of their skill level, except bronze 5 players. Those don’t matter as much, so they don’t need to be matched with players of equal skill? That is the obvious implication of bronze 5 having 5x wider skill range.