Received wrong rank rewards + placed at low rank

I received Platinum rewards even though I reached Diamond, and then I was placed in Gold 5 despite not having even played any games this season.

Good god, Blizzard, I’m a programmer and I know bugs can happen but the state of this game is freaking ridiculous.

7 Likes

I had the same things happen to me. Hopefully they fix it

3 Likes

Yeah the same thing happened to me. I was diamond 5 in open queue, got platinum rewards. :sob:

1 Like

SAME. Its literally worst game-service in 2022. Buy BP and 20+$ skins and we dont give a (0 days without bugs).
Also workshop still disabled. Ow 2 - best for its price.

1 Like

same thing happened to me. I just opened the game and they give me reward for being a plat, but i reached Diamond 5 previous season and now they placed me in a gold… like wtf? I played a lot previous season, like 50 h minimum and now its showing only 13 min, what??? After seeing all of this i just closed the game, i dont even wanna play anymore. I climbed to diamong so hard, and now im supposed to play in gold??

2 Likes

same with me, didn’t get proper rewards for diamond and was placed in gold

1 Like

Same thing here reached masters 5 but only got diamond rewards. Anyone know if they’re fixing this?

1 Like

and the same here too. Played from day 1 and like everyone else was placed in bronze 5 for each of the role queues and in open queue. Had to grind open queue and after I think 120 wins I finally made it into Platinum. Settled there and would grind further in the new season, only to find I received a “max level of Gold 2”, the relevant rewards for that rank, and have now been placed in silver 2. WTAF? Tried playing a few games but it’s LITTERED with people who have literally never played the game before, and even though they go 1 and 12 and I am steamrolling, we get placed in the same lobbies for multiple games.

Bit of a waste of time, and it’s hard to see why one should stay with this game when there are SO many less frustrations with other games. I’d rather play a lesser game that was working, than a potentially great game that’s just broken (and quite lazily broken too…)

1 Like

Likewise to me. Got placed Gold 5 across the board.

I’m a QA Consultant, and its as clear as daylight, their programmes/QA department is managed by Grads.

2 Likes

Me too.
Was Plat 5 support, played until a few hours until the season ended, to get placed Silver 5 hours later.
Same with dps, diamond 5 to plat 5.
Actual joke, from Plat to pretty much bronze.

apparently it’s not a bug? Overwatch 2 Competitive 2.0 Fake Rank Problem… - YouTube yikes