Redesign Ana's Nanoboost

Remove damage increase and replace it with healing over time.

Sick of tired seeing every time Ana’s ult used to enable Genji to use his ult and not actually use nanoboost as defensive tool.

Lol that is the worst idea I’ve heard this week.

3 Likes

I think brainstorming on a redesign isn’t a stupid idea though. Nanoboost caused a lot of balance issues and in order not to make it useless because of it, a redesign might be good.

Too bad no dev will actually ever read anything from here.

2 Likes

How would “redesigning” Nanoboost to not exist be beneficial to the game. It’s never been particularly good, it basically requires another ult to be decent. That’s like saying Hanzo’s ult is powerful because it’s good with a grav combo.

Where did you get the “to not exist” part?

I wanted to say that we can keep the nanoboost core (which is empowering an ally) and maybe find new ways to do so compared to the actual ones that are making it problematic and in need to be generally underperforming in order not to be game breaking in Genji.

Hanzo ult can be extremely good in the right moment even without GravBomb.

1 Like

Nanoboost is designed to be an offensive tool.

That Gengu is getting his blade very quickly after the recent buffs might be a problem. Nanoboost isn’t the reason it feels frustrating.

2 Likes

it doesn’t matter how often genji gets his nanoblade, its still frustraiting because it can’t be countered when used, just like grav dragon couldn’t be countered…

when a genji ults and gets nanoed… thats it… team fight over there is no answer to it

even if he only got his dragon blade as often as zarya got a graviton it would still be frustraiting…

how about making Nano not give damage increases to ults? like what they did with hanzo’s dragon strike

Not a nano blade, but here is a clip of OWL player agilities unable to get any value out of blade: https://clips.twitch.tv/LongColorfulJamPhilosoraptor.
Nanoblade can be countered if the team plays smart. But I agree that below Diamond or maybe Masters the team probably will not play smart enough.

The primary issue are the double standards.

It was unfair for the whole team to work against GraviDragonstrike but it’s fair for NanoBlade?

But nanoboost isn’t meant to be a defensive tool…

Or nerf blade. Less damage inflicted and less duration. Its one of the strongest ults in entire game with little to no counterplay.

1 Like