Reinstalled windows and still crashing. please. help me

No clue what’s happening, started crashing about 3 weeks ago and no matter what it will not stop crashing.
Error code: 57BCA928-2174-4BA9-A96C-CD8622A0B8B6

Hi, Navi! o/

The error report we received from you matching that code is an access violation error. This usually means that something is out of date, most of the time, either Windows or GPU drivers. So that’s where I would start, updating drivers and OS. Just in case, I would also try the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

The other common cause for this error is a program causing a conflict with Overwatch. Again, going by the error report, the first thing I would try is closing Discord completely. If that doesn’t work, then I would try closing background applications, but it can take a while to find the cause with this method, so try the other steps first.

Thanks, will give it a try and let you know what comes of it. Pray this fixes it…

33E3731E-79B6-4273-8AA3-D5A36B7F83D9
This happened after about 1-2 hours of play.
I updated windows and nvidia drivers.

Just completely disabled discord among a few other apps, now back to getting “rendering device lost”. This is some tough stuff…

Hi again, Navietter! o/

So, we managed to do something, as you are getting a different error now. I just wish it was something other than Rendering Device Lost, because the possible causes for this error are… let’s just say a lot >_<

Let’s start with this post that covers a lot of the most common causes for this error.

If you still have issues after this, we’ll need some system files. Copy the result in a page like pastebin, and post here the links to each file, so we can have a look at them.

Will give it a shot, To be continued…

https://pastebin.com/0iCmnZWb

Here ya go, Tried all I could.

Hi again, Naviette! o/

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I don’t see any problems in that msinfo. The bad news is that because of that, I don’t know why the game keeps crashing :frowning:

So these are some possible solutions, but they are basically blind shots.

• Set the Render scaling in the in-game options to 100% or lower

• Disable fullscreen optimization for Overwatch

1. Navigate to overwatch.exe
    2. Right click and select Properties and Compatibility
    3. Check “Disable fullscreen optimization”
  • Disable Game DVR (pretty sure it’s not this, but you never know).

• Check for Overheating Components

• Run the game with Nvidia’s Debug Mode activated (this disables factory overclocking. If you don’t have this option, ignore this step)

1. Right Click on an empty space of your desktop
    2. Go to Nvidia Control Panel
    3. Click Help
    4. Activate Debug Mode

And that’s all I can think of. I hope one of these does the trick, but if it doesn’t work, let us know, and I’ll get someone else to have a look at the file (or if one of my colleagues gets here first, they’ll have a look themselves), in case they see something I missed, but this may be outside of what we can handle here.

By far the worst possible response. Not that you aren’t doing the job, it’s just that it seems no one knows. Will try other solutions, however. Oof.

I did some digging in my event viewer and found I had an error (0xfffffc01).
Researched that and come to find Microsoft released a bit of a botched update for some of us. v1903 system build 18362 has a problem causing programs to repeatedly crash seemingly at random. I actually had to fix this myself with the help of a Microsoft tech. Here’s to hoping this was the issue. If it runs smoothly I hope others can use this to fix their issue as well.

Hello Naviette :slight_smile:

Quite interesting update, it can be indeed useful knowledge for others as well so thanks a million for sharing, and let us know if crashes start again!

Crashed again randomly, apparently that wasn’t the fix either. I’m dying here.

I took my graphics card completely out, and using onboard graphics my game crashed once again. Need help, I wanna play Overwatch please. lol

changed graphics to lower than before, crashed again.
Error code: B789E75A-C5D8-4631-91C7-6372CD61939F

Hi again, Naviette! o/

I was checking this new error report, and I can still see Discord’s hook, and I don’t like the way it shows in the report. Can you try temporarily uninstalling Discord and see if that helps in any way?

Uninstalled discord, Got another one for ya, It worked for a few days then started crashing again.
1C74273C-9466-41A3-A9CF-96679278687B

Hi again, Naviette! o/

I hate when that happens. Way to give us false hope >_<

This time though, I couldn’t see what the issue was in the report, so I got a second pair of eyes to have a look at all what we’ve done so far, and the latest reports, in case we had missed anything.

To be honest, we don’t have too many ideas left (other than there being a hardware issue, but obviously, that would be the worst case scenario), but we may as well go all the way.

First, try to uninstall Avast, and see if the game keeps crashing after that. I know going online without an antivirus is not ideal (and that’s why I wanted to avoid this), but there are a few reports of Avast causing problems.

Another thing I want you to do is to download (but not install yet) the latest drivers for your GPU from here.

Then, uninstall the drivers you have currently installed with a program like DDU.

Finally, install the drivers you downloaded before. This way we’ll make sure there are no issues with the installation itself.

Other than that, we could check for problems in Windows, and then run a scandisk, defrag and memory check (this one takes hours to complete, and may appear to be stuck at different points).

From your description, I don’t think it’s overheating, but check it, just to make sure.

Other than all this, all I can think of is a hardware failure, or an update that went wrong somewhere (like the one you mentioned from Windows in a previous post), but we haven’t received any similar reports, so whatever it is, it can’t be that common >_<

Anyway, fingers crossed. Hopefully, one of these works permanently this time.

Stress tested my cpu, gpu, and ram, as well as checked for other hardware errors. nothing. Very strange indeed. I’ll give those a shot tho.

Render Device lost was at least when i had it that i had installed the Logitech G hubfor my mouse another time it was because i had installed a microsoft mouse driver.