Remove comp or ban smurfs and trolls

Yup, those are rare, unless you actually have proofs, cause those are inters, who do get banned. next.

Yeah, cause we don´t have XQC as a great example for false reporting a Symmetra one trick, getting banned live on stream for it.

this logic… Lack of any evidence as always.

TakE oN mY TinFOil Hat, Everyon is wrong but me, i know the truth, everyone is lieing, even if they have no reason to do so, since it would actually hurt them otherwise.

Good logic mate. Nice and sound.

The only one that is “spin you a yarn that they have “looked into it and found it to not be a problem” and you eat up all that bovine excrement like a good little brainwashed” is these players lacking the balls to accept they are terrible and that is the reason they lose to many newer players as well.

Sound logic again. Everything created is horrible cause of that one guy that misused it.

They exist, just that it isn´t a huge problem holding “Insane MLG players” back : )

Ok lets try to wade through the gibberish.

A GM/top 500 trying their hardest to climb will most likely land around diamond, same as a master player because they will most likely stomp on platinums and the like. I am talking about 17-3 in low diamond, meaning the person in question definitely started around mid-low platinum. Simple maths, if they are tryharding that means they’ll get ~ 30 SR. 14 wins, that means 420 SR. So wait, they actually started in low platinum which means your assumptions are wrong, they DID NOT try hard to climb. They started off easy to assure they are put lower, then started playing seriously once they got sorted out. So no, they are not innocent. And if you try to argue that - everybody starts at 2500 SR. For this guy to start lower that means he played below his capabilities. Now I’ll watch you try to explain how he learned the game during those 10 matches and transformed from gold to GM, this would be hilarious.

What does this have to do with anything? Nothing you do before level 25 and competitive matters one bit, only your 10 placements.

Who, what, where? Who is going to pop out randomly from another game and stomp on players who have been playing it for years already? I mean do you even hear yourself? Diamond is top 10% and you assume someone who comes from another game is so good they can pick up one of the harder unorthodox characters at level 26 and suddenly become top 1%? And you say that MOST of the low ranked players with these stats are like this? I don’t think I need to explain to you how insane you are sounding. If you are some sort of genius who can pick a highly competitive game, game they’ve never played before, remember, your entire argument is that they are new, and reach the highest competitive division in a couple of days this doesn’t mean most such players are the same. No, most are smurfs.

The hell does this even mean? Are the best genjis and doomfists supposed to be RTS players? Fighting game players? Are you trying to tell me that someone can come, from a different genre, level up to 25 and immediately play at GM level with these characters? Multiple people by the way, your argument, once again remember, is that MOST low level great stats players are new, not smurfs.

Like what? You piqued my interest. What other game teaches you the skills to be a GM level OW player after a couple of days of playing?

Totally irrelevant, what if the guy has fun games with friends in QP and doesn´t tryhard till level 25, what MMR is he then at, when he starts Comp.

First off, you get way more SR, with a new account than an old one, you also get more SR, the harder your MMR rating is trying to get adjusted 17/3, he would minimum get 50+ every single game, i know i have gotten 70s before.

So you have no clue if they tried or not, so that they started in platinum, you assume they are throwing and now doing well, when there are mulititude of factors that could be totally opposite. All you know is they have a high winrate, which means a very clear indication of them trying to win games.

Why would i need to argue any of this, you can in fact, f*ck around in the game with friends and what not (which most alt accounts are made for) and then try Comp later on when at 25. You also can be afk for A/multiple seasons and losing SR heavily. Dropping a rank at worst. Lastly, it doesnt matter, what he did before the placements at all, if he tryhards in his placements, he will get heavy adjustment, that is litterally, what they are made for, so a high winrate per your own statement, means that he would not be low rank or smurfing. End of that lol.

This is absolutely false, Your MMR is adjusted even through your QP games, when you join the game on a new account, since this is the only data to go off of.

Where did i say this ? Where did i state it was diamond, masters, GM or even T500, i simply stated, that many players can come from other games and beat many ranks in this game, hell i did it, came from cs and got top 1% from placements alone in season 1.

Dont confuse

You can learn a lot from other games and e-sports, that directly impact how good you are at Overwatch, when you have barely touched the game.

With

A player from another game can easily smurf on top 500 players in Overwatch.

One of those were not stated, quite clearly.

No my argument is, you have no way of asserting if a player is a pro CSGO player sh*tting on people with widow, or some other form of great player from another game, or a player, who intentionally threw games, hasn´t gotten an insane winrate and stomps players, when he utilizes a special hero and really tries.

And i quite clearly indicated, as you yourself did, that Genji and Doomfist ofc, was not one of the games characters, that carry over from FPS aiming abilities in other games, yet there is still a plethora of things, that can carry over from another game, flanking, thinking and game sense.

Again, why are you attacking something i never said, i though you were talking plat/diamond level, where did GM come in ? I never said

I merely stated, that first of all i as a top CSGO player and other gaming achievements achieved the top 1% through my placements in this game in season 1. So i have the proof, through myself, that you can do it. But i never said it is a guarantee, i merely stated, that a lot of things can carry over from games.

This all means, that you have no guaranteed way of seperating a Smurf from and alt account or even a better than average gamer.

Just gonna leave that here again.

1 Like

Why do you think all Overwatch youtubers make light of smurfing? Because their channels and the money they make from them are connected to the game’s success. It was the same way back during the release of Fallout 4. Same youtube channels who have close ties to Bethesda claimed the game is perfect because their money are tied to it.

In other words - they are shills who care more about pushing their agenda than the truth. I am surprised you are so naive to believe otherwise.

Yeah and the earth is flat, reptilians are part of the governement and the moon landing was a lie…

Or he can just do that to inform people.

He has created his discord, spent coutless hours reviewing vods, helping the community in general and if I’m not mistaken he has a job (or maybe he’s a student) so it’s not for the money.

Some people can have valid arguments without being sellouts or part of your conspiracy theories.

Are you trying to tell me corporate shills don’t exist and nobody ever gets money for making the product look better than it actually is? Come on now, get it out of your chest, show how young you are.

I’m trying to tell you not everyone is like that and someone can be just genuinely altruistic.

You don’t even have anything to say about the content of the video itself because you know it’s true so you just attack the person behind it and use some unrelated topic to deflect.

It’s not gonna work with me.

efff that, I never used a bad word but the post needs moderator. Ok lets try again

ok then

You are accusing me of generalizing when you are generalizing my post in such a way? Is anything I say even going to register to you? Since you apparently take what this guy says as gospel it is pointless. You use appeal to authority, you believe what he says is more important than what I say, you’ve already made up your mind.

Nothing is going to work with you. You are a proud smurf who somehow gets offended for being called for their scummy behavior and wants to look good. You post that video in every thread like its your shield. Who is hiding? You do. I could easily use the constant increase in smurf complaints as my shield too. I don’t. I don’t need validations, certainly not from someone who smurfs. I need nothing from smurfs.

See, you’re not even addressing the actual points discussed in the video, you’re just attacking people and spreading misinformation.

I guess this is your bedside book.

If I always post the video there’s reason, because it states facts that prove that smurfs are not an issue (except maybe in higher ranks where there are fewer players and even then they don’t ruin games).

Statiscally people genuinely deranking are very few. Alt accounts are fine if you play seriously.

What is there to discuss? In every video of the matter its the same - people complain about smurfs because they want something to blame for their inability to climb. Every single one completely ignores what smurfs do to the quality of the games. How not only a good smurf on the enemy team can completely lock it down and make it insufferable but how a good smurf on your team diminishes your contributions completely. Its like elementary schoolers playing with college kids on the field - the college kids do whatever they want, throw the ball between each other and generally have fun while the elementary ones sit and watch. You think this is ok? You think having no say on how the game goes is what people play for? Ok then, go kiss your idol’s feet and keep believing that you are somehow a good and righteous person and not a bum.

And why someone destroying the enemy team would have to always be a smurf? It could be just someone having a good game on their main account, what’s the difference to you? You still gotta play your best to win.

A game could be ruined by a healer not doing their job, a tank feeding, a dps not performing, etc., could be someone on their main or their alt, you can’t tell.

According to you smurfs are everywhere stomping players in elos way below theirs which is again, statiscally false as showed in the video.

You’re just looking for an excuse to take a dump on the game honestly, or idk, maybe you really haven’t realized OW can be a frustrating game to play sometimes and you think it’s the smurfs’ fault. Well, it’s not, a ton of things can make a game one sided or frustrating to play in general.

This is the problem. I check. Every time I suspect a smurf I check their profiles. Most of them are insecure people who love big stats and big winstreaks so they leave it open. Hell, new players are usually not aware their profiles are even private to begin with, its already a good chance to be a smurf. Then come the stats. From my last 4 games - 8 wins 1 loss on a level 26 account, 17 wins 3 losses on a level 30 account and so on. This was in the first 4 games btw. Not smurfs? Are you trying to be like that guy who claims every low level person is a new player? Facts, my friend.

I DONT CARE. I DONT CARE ONE BIT. The game being ruined by someone of high level does nothing to me, it’ll happen regardless.

I know what I see, I check profiles, smurfs are growing in numbers every day. Common sense says so, the game grows older and more people leave while less new ones join up. The new accounts are most likely smurfs, they have the stats to support it.

I stuck with the game when GOATS was a thing. I stuck with the game when Brigitte was a thing. I stuck with the game when they ruined Roadhog. I cannot stick with a game where I have next to no contributions, where whether I win or lose is decided by which team the smurfs land into. No worries though, I already stopped playing.

I know whats even more terrible - your post.

Here we go again, more tinfoil hat arguments.

Is that why they constantly contests Blizzards devisions, like ptr/balancing/hero introductions and want them to “fix their terrible rank system, or queueing etc”.

So they can be negative about some things directly linked to the game, which the developers made ?

Yet cannot critize how big the impact of “smurfs” are. That is player behaviour, aka not a fault of Blizzards. All because they wanna pander to Blizzard ?

Sure thing, that is such a logical argument…

It is completely logical because smurfs are something customers cannot deal with. They are above reporting. If someone does admit that smurfing is a problem - then what? Blizzard have already shown their stance on the matter. They will never do anything to ease the impact they create. The only way to deal with smurfs is to leave the game.

So yes, pushing forward that smurfs are a problem will not only result in more bad press but also more people leaving and less exposure for the game.

Again, can you understand, what a smurf is, you are completely misusing the term “Smurf” to mean anyone that is playing at a lower rank than normally, no matter, what the reason is.

Get some freaking education and learn the history behind the word…

Are they new players or alternate accounts of other players, we wont know. What we do know is, that they cannot be a smurf, for the litteral reason you just said, that they have an insane winrate, which means they are winning way more games, than they are losing and they are climbing.

Bustar, stop and take it easy, finish school and go outside, you need it badly.

Then put the blame, where it belongs and act like an adult. You are basically saying, that any skilled individual should be banned from, what ever they are doing, job, sport etc, solely based on the fact, that they were in a position with lesser people, who is not at their own level. When in fact they had no chance of choosing, where to go!

Blame Blizard for not having the right systems in place, like phone verification or something other. But also, accept the fact, that the game is not meant to be played, so that you can play every hero at every rank, so if you wanna learn a new hero you gotta start over most of the time, unless you want it to impact your team8s games.

Completely flawed logic, the ones leaving are the old players, aka the ones most likely to have more alternate accounts… Outside of that people don´t just make alternate accounts without good reasoning, especially not when money is involved. Contrary to many other games, leaving and direct “Throwing”, which a smurf would need to do, is punished in this game. So not a lot of logic suggests, that Overwatch should be filled with smurfs, a lot might suggest it could have quite a bit of players with alternate accounts for legitimate reasons.

Blizzard has backed out of stances before, look at Classic wow, prob their biggest F in a long time.

Smurfs are banable, but the behaviour you describe is alternate accounts and possibly even newer players simply being better than you. This is not punishable, which is exactly the stance Blizzard took, the only logical one.

All of their reasoning are selfish. They do it to gain more enjoyment from the game. I could care less what they try to explain to me or to anybody.

And it seems like you don’t know what smurf is. A smurf does not throw games. Some of them might do it but it is not at all what they are. Smurfs play at a level lower than their normal ones, it is as simple as that. Every single GM/master player with an account in diamond or lower is a smurf. Every single one of them exploits the system to their own benefits and every single one of them is in the wrong. Alt accounts? Good smurfs? No such thing, they are all one and the same and deserve the same treatment.

This is completely false, this is the made up and wrongly used conception of, what a smurf is.

Smurfing look at 2:00, that is the origin of the word and, what it means.

What other people misuse the word for i couldn´t care less. Just use it right and stop contradicting your own arguments.