Remove comp or ban smurfs and trolls

If you’ve ever played a competitive game online, you’ve probably encountered someone in match-making who is a little too good to be playing within your rank. Well, chances are high that you’ve just been dunked on by a smurf account. But where did these annoying pests come from

Sooooooo a smurf is someone too good to be playing this low. I mean ok? Whats new here? GM/master players create new accounts to dunk on diamonds and below. I am confused now. Everybody seems to agree that this is what smurf is.

Nah this is the reality of how misusing a word can spread. In fact it doesn´t matter at all, since by thes absolute definitions:

1. The alternate account does not determine their rank

2. They are not meant to or required to do their best and tryhard in QP to level 25, unless you wanna argue you have too, Blizzard do not.

3. They are not a Smurf unless they purposefully reach a lower rank, (this means throwing, because of nr 3. Since that is the only way to lower your MMR, which isn´t allowed, unless you wanna argue that bad performance, certain hero picks and more should be banable as well)

4. By absolute definition, if you dunk on people, you are ranking up exceptionally faster than normal, which means you cannot be smurfing, unless you purposefully counteract this. At that exact point a Smurf, which it now is, is actually banable, because it broke the difference between an alternate account and a Smurf.

What does this mean? I cant judge someone’s true rank even though they are clearly much much better than the rank they are currently in? I never said 100% GM or 100% masters, any one of them could easily dunk on diamonds just how I can easily dunk on low plats and high golds. By their stats and performance you can easily make an educated guess.

Once again you are making this mistake. It doesn’t matter how they do in QP before rank 25. In ranked, when queueing for the first time, you are put at about 2500 SR with teammates and opponents reflecting that. Then based on your performance you move up, down, or stay there. The 10 matches during placements matter, the ones before that do not.

They can do so during their placements and nobody can do anything about it. You know, I hope, how volatile the initial MMR is. A loss could easily mean you are put 100 SR below in the next game. So them playing poorly during placements ensures that they start off low. They don’t have to throw during their ranked matches, only during their placements.

And as I said if you start in gold and you are in fact master/GM you don’t have to throw. You can play couple of dozens games at full power until you reach diamond. And then it doesn’t even matter how well you do there, you’ll get 25 SR as anyone else. So suppose the smurf wins 20 games before diamond, then they need to win 20 more until they reach master. Thats already hours of entertainment for them without the need to throw anything.

Can you 100% prove smurf? No? Then sit down and shut it.

blizz have stated there is no smurf issue. Your irrelevant opinion is exactly that, irrelevant.

You are false reporting, congrats, flagged.

Nobody has any 100% fool proof way of saying smurf, so this topic should be closed

1 Like

“Smurfs”, yeah sure. They’re probably just better than you, doesn’t mean they’re smurfs. Keep playing, get better.

1 Like

See how broadly you are generalizing then accusing me of generalizing? All you do is trying to push your agenda by using a proxy because you yourself cant do it so you appeal to authority.

What he says is not gospel, the negative votes on his and similar videos only prove so. Note that most of the people who watch them are sheep who nod their heads with whatever their shepherd tells them yet this time it is controversial. I wonder why? I wonder why the smurf accusations and complaints only grow with time? Are you going to call every person who complains about smurfs a clueless idiot? I don’t know, you don’t appear to be trustworthy either.

Well thats a nice report for you because of your stellar attitude

And fyi i paid for the game so my opinion is as relevant as anyone elses including yours

So enjoy your forum silence and talk to you afterwards :grin:

No boy, your opinion is entirely irrelevant now do as you’re told.

You are false reporting, so enjoy your game and forum silence.

learn to get good and stop whining about a non-existent problem.

1 Like

As in to achieve their rank, they like anyone else, have to go through the same process as anyone else to achieve a rank. If they actually had an option to start in Bronze, which they did on purpose, then you can call it smurfing from the get go.

Yeah no, i know quite a bit about this, since i have made alternate accounts before. That is why you are matched with Gm players in QP, after some time of dunking on people. Your MMR is adjusted and so is your Placements. If your MMR is incredibly high before starting your placements, then win games it is gonna quickly adjust your games accordingly, based on performance and other factors.

This is the exact same reason, that you are often up against similar rank people even in QP.

Which is not accurate at all, nevermind it being completely irrelevant, if they do that, they are now ensured a reason for getting banned. Outside of that, them being placed lower, would not ensure them staying there, you cannot dunk on people and stay the same ranks. So with that logic, either constant throwing needs to be the case or they have to keep buying a new account after some 25-50 wins. Just listen how silly that is, people constantly buying new accounts at the 30-50USD pricerange for some hours of fun and then another 30-50USD… And you guys have the audacity to claim them as “Being everywhere”. Nevermind the fact, that these scenarios needs to be insanely highrank players aka top 5%, making the pool of players able to perform this scenario incredibly small.

Nevermind the ridiculousness of this scenario, or the fact, that the person in question would have to perepare by throwing all the way to level 25 and then in his placements, spend a steep price, all for what. 10 hours of “Dunking on newbies”. ohh yeah righ, never mind the fact, that this is one of the most insane scenarios you have and yet the results and preparation is ridiculouss.

Also

Except the countless of games and placements they had to throw, which already makes them able for a ban.

As previously stated its not a false report

Ahem “i suspect gameplay sabotage” so that is what i report for

There is no onus on me to prove anything in order to report it otherwise all reports would be false ones because no one can prove anything they report… its up to blizzard to decide what report is valid and what is not… but as the system is automated the automated system decides

So ahem “boi” i will keep having my valid opinion and you can have yours untill your silenced

It’s 100% a false report boy, there is no gameplay sabotage, it’s just you being a whiny pathetic child with 0 evidence.

if you cannot provide evidence for your claim, it is bunk, irrelevant like you.

so you and your opinions are irrelevant, so sit down and shut it boy

False, reports are not only automated, there is manual process as well and in fact yes, just like the crime system, you are fully liable for the report you sent, if it isn´t accurate, you can get punished for it.

That’s stretching it, mate. If you start at 2500 SR and your true SR is 4000 you don’t get off your placements being 2600 SR. Unless you worked to conceal your true tank. Either way they are guilty.

Your QP MMR is different from your competitive MMR. I thought your QP was affecting it too. I was wrong. It only mattered during the initial transition in season 1. Now it doesn’t. You always start at 2500 SR and you have the opportunity to go up and down.

There is so much wrong here. First off thanks for supporting me on this one - if you throw matches you get banned. Next, this is not my point at all. It never was. I never talked about throwing, I was showing you how easy it is to keep playing against opponents below your skill level for a long time without ever being in danger of getting banned. Thats the point. You constantly pushing this throwing agenda means nothing because a smurf can ruin a game even when they are not throwing. Finally, 30-50? Try 15 dollars next time.

THEY DONT HAVE TO. YOUR QP MMR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR INITIAL PLACEMENTS.

No, what the hell. They only have to play badly for 10 games. And they cant be banned for that. They are a fresh 25 level account, remember? Do we ban all bronzies because the system initially places them against golds? Nope.

I feel like this stubbornness to stick to your QP MMR matters scenario is whats holding you back here.

I suspect gameplay sabotage i report it as such its not a false report as far as im concerned its blizzard that has to prove right from wrong not me

And because you are obviously a smurf yourself due to your irrational agression towards me i will say to you.

If you dont like it dont smurf simple as that :slight_smile: and just so you know every reply you make to me is reported as well due to your overly and unjustified agression

Ciao

Reportd are wholly automated the only human interference i the system is from a customer servicr rep who looks at the system sees that you were reported and banned or silenced and says “yep you deserve it because the system says so” and closes the case

So yep im good and will continue to report suspected smurfs for gameplay sabotage :slight_smile:

No boy, you have to prove it. You can’t ergo it’s false report, ergo enjoy the forum and game bans.

your concerns like your opinions and you yourself, are irrelevant. you don’t matter.

Profiles open, see number of hours, opinion disproved. Sit down.

i despise stupidity and childish whining, which you are full of.

Congrats for more false reporting on me however. I’m reporting every single false report you make

no aggression kid, just putting you in your salty raging place until you get well deservedly banned

Mhmm yawn super interesting… another report

Have a nice day :blush:

You’ll continue to false report, enjoy the ban dumbass

More reports for false reporting.

learn your place kid

Dont you know its 2019 my feelings come first and your actions hurt my feelings so you are reported for it

Check your privildge good sir