Rendering device has been lost

I’m on 19.6.1 and still having this problem! so nonsense to your post! What is going on?!

1 Like

I had been playing fine for 4 hours or so and then it happened 3 times in 10 minutes which made me think it was heat on cpu or gpu but monitors say 60oC max on both. So what is going on?

1 Like

Doesn’t work anymore.

1 Like

Is Blizzard ever gonna sit down with Nvidia and sort this thing out?
i’ve tried everything and I gave in 1000 SR points at least for this issue!!!

2 Likes

Okay everyone, I just went through this and tried everything i’ve seen in the threads for different sites, with none working. This wasn’t just affecting my blizzard games, but i also couldn’t play my steam ones. I downloaded Driver Booster 7, just the free version, and updated everything it had. Boom, it worked! hopefully this helps some people out.

1 Like

Hi all,
What seems to work for me is to close the “Intel turbo boost max technology 3.0” application (a pinkish icon near the clock).

Hopes this helps a few out there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Since may 30th, I did what was in that post : "Render Device Lost" Fix for RTX - #236 by Drakuloth - Technical Support - Overwatch Forums
which is to copy the exe file to another name.
Since when i’ve never had this crash again (and I play a lot).
I hope this helps you guys.

1 Like

search up how to increase vram win 10 ez clap worked for me

1 Like

2060 RTX here. I’d like to report that I have not experienced a crash since Nvidia driver version 436.30 (and I am on still on that version).

2 Likes

And it’s back there since today. Thanks for nothing Blizzard.
It got back with the latest Windows 10 Update. I uninstalled it and now Overwatch works again.

2 Likes

I have same problem and i lost my 5endrosement…

2 Likes

Same Problem here
The game crushes every 10 minuts and the massage: rendering device lost, came up.

Greetings SpacePirat

To try and solve that error please try these steps.
They should help you on fixing it but if not, just reply back to this post with your system files pasted via Pastebin. :slight_smile:

It’s been about a week now that I have not had this error anymore so I thought I’d post what my issue turned out to be. (Assuming it doesn’t randomly happen again)
Windows 10, being the steaming pile of dog crap that it is, decided to install a random and completely incorrect Intel GPU driver on my system.

On January 30th it downloaded and installed “Intel Corporation - Display 26.20.100.7216”

This driver is not compatible with my system but since Microsoft is garbage at their job they forced it on anyway.
I manually removed the driver and, using the Intel Driver and Support Assistant, installed the correct version.

Unfortunately, since Windows is still defective, it tried to “update” itself again. The only way to prevent Microsoft from screwing up my PC at this point was to download the “Show or hide updates utility” from Microsoft’s website and kindly request that it stop screwing up my computer.

No idea how long that’ll work for though as Microsoft doesn’t doesn’t seem to care about making a working product anymore.

After that I removed the driver and used Intel’s utility to download the correct one.

Issue is now gone.

TLDR, Windows 10 and Microsoft are garbage. OW doesn’t seem to be the issue here.

Hey Superfish

Thanks for your reply and for sharing what worked for you!

Since the original thread is a few years old I’m going to close it off here.

For anyone else that comes across this issue, please feel free to start a new thread with a description of the issue, what steps you’ve tried already as well as your System Files. Thanks all!