"Rendering device has been lost"

I have a good pc that usually gets around 300 fps in Overwatch, but I keep getting that stupid error that freezes my game, forces me to open task manager to restart it, and then suspends me from competitive without even giving me a chance to reconnect. A lot of the time, I’m able to log back in in about 20 seconds. How can Overwatch A. not allow someone to reconnect to a match and B. suspend someone for their game crashing for 20 seconds? I’ve looked at all of the reports and they go back YEARS. I’ve tried all of the fixes that the cute little support people at Blizzard send over to copy and paste their message and none of them have changed anything. How can you not fix this known problem over multiple years?

Hello FSH,

Please follow all the steps on our Rendering Device Lost support article, and let us know if that fixed the issue for you.

How’s my driving? Let me know! Blizzard EU - Customer Service Forum Representatives Surveys - Hagut

I did, as I already mentioned, and nothing worked

Hi,

try with this one, maybe it helps like it did for some players.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/possible-fix-for-rendering-device-lost/18234/2

1 Like

I use to have the same problem! May I ask, what graphics card do you use? If you’re running on integrated like I use to, the game Is too updated for the integrated graphics to handle, and you’ll need to purchase a graphics card. that’s why it keeps crashing. If you’re using an actual graphics card, you may want to update the card itself via it’s respected website. I don’t know how the process in the link that GTOOnizuka posted works out, but it’s definitely worth a shot! hope you get the situation fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like