Rendering device lost

Rendering device lost due overheating, after the anniversary event the game starts crashing itself frequently,

I know my components nothing is overheating or acting suspiciously.

I noticed while I was monitoring this issue Overwatch is reading the wrong GPU temperature sensor causing it to crash.

GPU sensor report: Core, Memory, VDDC, and Hot spot (Junction).
Usually the junction is 25⁰-40⁰ higher than the Core on load, if your junction reached 115⁰ exactly Overwatch will crash due overheating.
Which is quite unfortunate, the game should not take any measurement if it doesn’t do it correctly, you added this feature to save the user components, then do it correctly, or at least give us the option to choose which sensor the game read.

GPU are smart enough to thermal throttle and reach save temperature, so this feature is pointless, and harming more than being useful

Heya,

Your temperatures for these are exceedingly high and it is almost certainly the cause for the rendering device lost crashes you are seeing.

You will need to work on reducing your temperatures. There’s a number of changes such as reducing game settings or ensuring your fans are functional and unobstructed.

Most changes are hardware level and should you have any issues making these changes/troubleshooting these issues you should ask a tech savvy friend to help you out.