Return of exclusive skins

There are a bunch of exclusive/time limited skins in the game from many different ways of obtaining.

I feel like overall with overwatch 2 (and hopefully a revamp on cosmetics and how you earn them.) the community could be given a sort of last chance to get anything they missed out on. Blizzard has been inconstant with the exclusive skins before and confusing. With my personal experience I played HOTS till 5am for the Oni skin when it came out, thinking that it will never be available again, just for it to end up coming out for everyone as a normal skin anyways. After that I ended up missing out on the Genji OWL skin because during the time it was available I was not at home and unable to access my account to purchase it, and then with the blizzard ticket sombra skin I thought it was gonna be exclusive, but not being interested in sombra I didn’t mind missing it… For it to only come out later for a limited time again with a in game challenge. With the next genji skin that I really wanted coming out with a tied purchase to blizzcon just like the sombra one, and an issue with my card being locked I didn’t stress it too much because I’d imagine it would end up returning just like the sombra one right? to only have it seem to never be obtainable again.

I have a few of the exclusive skins (Many in game challenge ones, few OWL skins.) but got pretty unlucky with the only skins that I actually really wanted bad. I know many people have skins they couldn’t get or just regret about not getting, and I feel like some sort of Vault event where the doors open to purchase some of these skins as a last chance would first of all make a bunch of money, make a bunch of people happy and give a starting point for blizzard to not really seem as confusing and be more consistent moving forward.

Will probably not happen, but at the end of the day its just cosmetics in a game and if it makes them a bunch of money and give some people a second chance. Other than legal reasons I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it, maybe a few bitter people (But even them have something they probably missed out on.)
Personally I’d pay a ridiculous amount to get the skins I missed out on if I could, I feel like it could be done in a reasonable way. (Some may say it wouldn’t be fair, but they already haven’t really been too fair in the past. Feel like it would make a good point to then be more bold about when skins are ACTUALLY going to be limited time only moving forward, because now it feels blurry.)

1 Like

if they were recurring they weren’t exclusive

1 Like