Should ranking system change?

I think it works pretty well in Overwatch compared to some other games.

Most games I think get it right too as I place pretty much where I’d expect I should be and the games seem close. So even if I think I’m contributing a bunch, I’m clearly not if I’m not consistently winning. The only constant is me, after a bunch of games, you are where you are supposed to be. Even if you have good stats, you aren’t playing the team aspect well enough to move up. It’s not about hard carrying, it’s about making the difference enough to climb. People miss that point because of an inflated sense of self.

Some teammates are great, unfortunately most are angry bitter chumps. So quick to dog their teammates. Even if the teammate is doing bad, leave them alone, shut up and get on with the next game. I get accused of throwing and called trash all the time because I like to play Wrecking Ball. People who spam about helping need to grow up.

when everyone on the losing team gets -sr for loss.
then that is a collective punishment, which is outlawed in eu and by united nation etc etc
so Blizzard it breaking human-convention, eu and most modern countries laws by their collective punishment system.
And they are also injecting ALOT of toxicity in the community.

I do not care about that with laws, but it should be noted.

Also. to answer you.
I already did. but since you don’t seem to understand that, let’s make it more clear.

When everyone on the team loses sr, just because they lost the match… that means that there is a “Team performance” based sr-rank multiplier.
and because it can only calculate how hard you should get punished its also breaking international laws.
just because team player 1 might lose a little less than team player 2, does not mean it’s a “performance-based” sr rank.

Also:
There is a lot of factors to consider and we don’t have the exact formula(?) to calculate sr… or determine if it’s even a “valid” formula to base sr off…
so arguing on how much % of a players rank is actully their skill level and not rng luck is hard/impossable.
tl;dr
so no one of us can say anything other than… a minuscule amount of a player’s performance …might make him/her lose 2 sr points less than teammates… but it still can’t be a “performance-based” rank because it change rank + /- based on team performance.

oh yeah? sounds to me that your only projecting.

yeah… I know, I’m active in voice chat almost every game, and unless there’s a very toxic lobby, I’m always at least listening.
im calling out low targets and “tactics”… but fun fact.
The last 3 games … 2, 3, and 4 was the number of people in voice chat (me included in those numbers and all 3 games I wrote that ppl should join for callouts etc… no one joined.).

so yeah, sorry, but the >team< performance is random across all games, but i guess personal skill still applies… so again, solo que rank =) 100% rng (withing a sr-span of +1k atleast)

Yeah you just made that up. No one, in no site ever or in any game ever, uses that expression. Also if you put “performance” there, it means that performance is a factor, which is not.

Theres no multiplier based on “team performance” there never was, again you are making this up. In fact, depending on the current player SR, they will lose more or less (under diamond) because of the Performance Based SR bonus, which again EXISTS (unlike what you said).

I didnt make any thread raging about the system and using terms that dont exist, and when confronted with the facts, backed out accusing someone else randomly.

Proof is there in this thread so yeah nah.

You are out. Again, for the sake of not spreading misinformation:

• LEARN what that is instead of making things up and acting like you know about it.
  • Provide proof when you make claims that are against what everyone here knows to be true.
1 Like

seriously at this point I regard you as a troll. But let me explain further to everyone else that might read this, and dont understand the facts of math.
when something is calculated (even negatively) -that dictates if the rating is gain or loss. then it’s a multiplier involved.
This multiplier is involved in any individual performance rating decision the game does.
if it was not, then, everyone on the team that lossed the game… would not lose sr, some would be able to gain sr.
this is not true, thus it’s a team-based performance multiplier (that is negative for the losing team) as the rating is multiplied by -1, instead of +1.

For the losing team, there is a negative multiplier, that dictates how much of the individuals of that team should lose. And that value is determined by what you say.
it’s never a calculation that can be a positive number, thus it needs to get negatively multiplied.

Yeah, if you knew anything about math, you would not even argue against me.
Math is a universal language and it needs no more proof than:
everyone loses sr = a negative multiplier is involved.

But nice fanboy trolling about math to supposedly make people forget that Overwatch ranking system is collective punishment.
thus in violation of a heap of local laws as well as international human rights laws.

(no wonder ow is such a toxic game)

Classic. “I disagree with you so you must be a troll”

Too many of you have that mentality.

You are allowed to just disagree and discuss why you disagree.

tbh. thats Rainmakers attitude your describing, im talking about math here…
there is no “lets agree to disagre” in math. there is an actuall right and wrong.

and what im saying is true.
the “personal performance rating” gets multiplied with a value of -1 or +1.
Thats why everyone loses SR in the losing team and why everyone gain in the winning.

just becouse the punishment is personal, within a group, does not mean its not an collective punisment.

Ignore him, he just wants to jump in from boredom.

I’m not saying I agree with either of you (honestly the post were too long I didn’t bother reading).
Just don’t call each other trolls because you have a different view.

If you want to see a troll, look just above this. Totally constructive addition lol. (That post is actually against the forum code of conduct surprisingly)

tl;dr.
Ow rating system is a breaking human right laws (collective punisment), thus everyone is so damn toxic in ow.

1. It isn’t. Win and lose as a team.
  2. People are toxic about everything, does anyone really care anymore.

anyway you try to fanboy troll your way offtopic… collective punishment is still collective punishment.
it’s against numerous national and international laws and it’s a big cause why ow is toxic.

win ans lose as a team, in rl. is not going to affect the individual ranking/trade value of the team members.

1 Like

Yeah. It is the same as a football team winning or losing as a team. Even if someone played really well… they still lost.

I have a feeling you take SR too seriously. But if you are below 3k (which I assume you are). Just keep popping off, you will lose less when you lose and win more when you win. Easy street,.

(again, someone disagreeing with you isn’t trolling. doesn’t matter how wrong you are (very in this case) people entitled to express their differing view without you being childish and crying troll).

1 Like

and their payment aka “worth” is based on their skill level, not if they are apart of team A or team B.

The brand name of the teams get punished. as they should be… not the individual players.
outside of “pro league” there is no teambrands in ow.

no, im just so tired of having toxic kids who deny responsibility to be a part of my skill rating score.
And so are the rest of people who cant help themself other then to lash out and be toxic in game.

if you would want a good game, then you should support bidividual based scoreing.
but you dont, you just want to argue against something.

1 Like

You’d like to think that. When in fact a players value (using football as an example) is down to other factors.

• how much the buying club is willing to pay
  • time left on contract
  • marketing value

The players in a team win and lose together. That is what being a team is all about…

Ah I see your problem. You are deflecting on to others rather than just working out what you can do.

Seems odd to complain about “toxic” players by being toxic about it.

No, I don’t think individual based scoring would work in OW. As it isn’t a solo game. You live and die by the decisions and plays you make as a 6.

really? just now you admitted that to carry the team was the only way to affect an individual score… or didn’t you know “pop-off” was the same as “carry”?

as previously stated, you just want to argue… and in doing so you prove to me and all else that you agree with your opponent’s views.

I give your fandom trolling skills 4/10.

Yeah. and also… “that’s what being a team is all about”.
No. winning and losing together is not “all that a team is about”.
it’s about a lot of other things, non of those things are actual in a solo-que ow game, so the collective punishment must go.

based on international/national laws, level of toxicity it brings, and because it doesn’t exist a “team” to begin with in ow-pug play.

1 Like

No. I said if you perform you will earn a little more… That is perform statistically above the average for your SR… Nothing about carrying.

What on earth are you on about… laws… lol… It is a team based video game. You play as a team, so you succeed or fail as a team, and that is what success and progress is based on.

Doesn’t matter if you que as a duo, trio, 6 stack or solo… you are playing a 6 man team game and have to work together to achieve the objective. Your success is based on you doing that.

Just because in your bronze games you don’t get team work, doesn’t mean that you should be judged as a solo player… maybe your team just needs to learn to play the game properly first.

Also, I don’t know what you are complaining about. Doesn’t look like you’ve lost a game yet this season. Keep it up.

Dude, stop.
Seriously, stop right there. At this point is blatant that you have absolutely zero idea on how the system works and the way you use “maths” and bring “multipliers” here and there, I really doubt that you even did a career based on Science.

Now for “fun”, you should answer this:
Where exactly are you getting this from?

Because theres is NO source, or game, or Developer talk that points to ANYWHERE remotely close to what you are describing. You are using random terms here and there and running around when you dont even know how the concept of “Performance Based SR” works or affects your gains/losses. (below Diamond ofc)

S T O P

Its not a multiplier dude, its the result of an equation involving factors that add or substract specific amounts that are tied to the MMR, the average SR of the team and the average SR of the enemy.

Again: Where are you getting this from? :rofl:

So you think that because you lose as a team and everyone loses points in a VIDEOGAME, this is in violation of IRL laws regarding human rights? Whats next? are you going to bring the World War and Germany or something?

And YOU are calling me a troll? :joy:

Dude you are so out of your depth/knowledge in this matter that is not even funny. Educating you on the basics of MM would feel like abusing a kid. Yeah you are 100% done here.

2 Likes

when the team lose, all loses sr. that means there must be a negative multiplier for the losing team and a positive for the winning team.
Thats how a win/loss ratio would and is working.

its a multiplier, if it was simply something that add or subtract, then ppeople on the winning team would be able to lose SR and the peoplpe on the losing team would be able to gain sr. This is not the case, thus, its a multiplier.

and btw, why does it matter? is it the troll inside you who deem its worthwhile to hammer about worthless/pointless details? the fact remains the same.

Everyone that loses a game loses SR… and you can debate/troll around with this all you want. (nah actually its a complex equation that does not contain a muliplier geee"…

its still a collective punishment, not seen in any other games… that goe hand in hand with the toxicity from the “community” in the games you play.

Yeah, because cyber crime is not a real crime.
cybercrime that exists in the “make belief world of computers” cant be applied to RL laws… lol… how stupid of me to think that.

its not like cyber infrigmnet of human right laws, are a topic more or less everyday in newspaper around the world… nah, its not real… its not a problem anywere.

Yeah… every 2 sentences you drift into inflammatory and toxic bullying antics with your try-hard personal attacks on me.
this alone makes me a winner in this discussion as you provide no proof whatsoever other then “lol your stupid” posts.

I think you have a fundamental lack of understanding on how SR and PBSR, and maybe even MMR, functions in games.

I dont agree with his “attacks”, but you are definitely not a “winner” here.

excuse me…
But am I wrong in saying that the entire team gets a collective punishment because 1 or 2 players having a bad game/bad attitude/trolling[insert whatever]?

You think I’m having a fundamental lack of knowledge about SR/PBSR…
yet you do not try to correct me, or explain anything…?
You do not reject the notion that this collective punishment is what is causing cancer toxicity in the so-called “team” game?

thus everything that you have written is also an attack.

It’s so sadistic of blizzard to have collective punishment, at the same time as they ban people who have an opinion about another team members hero picks.

tl;dr.
remove collective punishment from the rating system, please.
it’s dog poo that its there in the first place.