Smurfing... 4 games in a row.. same team... why Blizzard!?

Dear Overwatch team,

I don’t know what the hell are you thinking and how the **** your matchmaking algorithms works but tonight we ended up the session with a feeling that it was the worst night ever, and all of us just wanna delete the game and jump from the window…
This was not real! this was the worst gaming night of my life!!!
we played 4 games !! one after one… against the same team… full of smurfs, all over again… time after time when those smurfs tease and taunt us… and admit that they are smurfs…master and diamonds against our team (silvers golds and plat) 4 times in a row. we accepted the first loss… we didn’t realize the second one, why we get two games against the same team if we lost? but then we got them again in the matchmaking… and after that! even one more time!!!

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY WE LOST ±100 POINTS BECAUSE OF YOUR MATCHING! AND WE ARE GONNA QUIT THE GAME!! ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND I.

IN ONE OF THE MATCHES, ONE OF US NEEDED TO BREAK THE RULES! QUIT THE MATCH AND LOSE POINT TO SAVE US FROM THE SUFFER!!!

CLEAN YOUR COMMUNITY!! MAKE THIS GAME GOOD AGAIN and then we will think about coming back.

1 Like

Blizzard is not at fault anywhere here.

There are no automated systems to battle smurfs, therefore it’s up to the community to report these users.

Though sadly enough they can only be reported when they’re throwing, which is hard to detect by itself. Usually they soft throw, so it’s normal they can get into lower rankings.

Even then reporting might help, this is the basic responsibility an user is carrying.

Why don’t we have automated systems then?

Clear point you got there, though i can say having automated systems will barely help.

Adding in these systems can result in false-positives or they can be bypassed.

First off having false-positives will just result in more and more issues with new or other issues, these systems are not accurate thus it wont help.

Secondly, if it’s easy to bypass then again it doesn’t have much impact.

You can of course set level limits, though this results in longer queue times.
You can use phone verification, though this results in limiting the playerbase.

Overall in general not everyone has a phone, knowing this game is rated 12+

Also adding in automated systems would mean that they would focus on new accounts, thus new smurfs.
Though knowing how many smurfs there are already present it won’t do much. It will only hold back new smurfs, though the current amount of smurfs we currently have are in giant numbers. That means nothing will practically change.

You can’t report an user for simply being better than you on a low level account, even if they say they are a high ranking user. There could have been a fault in the MMR system or something else related to them ranking so low, which again sounds unusual though still possible.

It’s not directly stated by rules that you can’t do that, though you can report someone for throwing. Reporting an user for just smurfing has a high chance of most likely not being processed with Customer Support.

I’m not denying there isn’t a smurfing issue, though the solutions are limited and mostly bring other issues with them.

They also stupidly put a sale on the game at the same time as a double xp event… so it will only get worse.

Also, being better is one think. But deliberately taking actions to have a low level account to “play with friends” should lead to the closure of all their accounts… and their friends for getting boosted.

you are lucky if you just played against smurfs. there is millions of cheater duos trios i m playing against everyday. sharing replays reporting them and nothing happens.

Make sure they are not cheating as looking like smurf player.

generally cheaters buy an account boost it with hacks and sell it.

And 4 games in a row ,against the same team, after 4 loses to this team, is it fine!?
to lose more than 100 points against the same team?
How does it even possible? they got points and we lost points, so why we needed to play against them one after time, when the rank’s gap has increased??
how the hell it makes sense?

Obviously it sucks but why didn’t you Q dodge after the second or at least third time?

they’re too stupid to admit the obvious. even if there’s no one left in the game, they won’t even scratch their balls