Smurfing is a big issue! Just read it

Learn from them… I wish you’ve played CS in olden CS1.3 days, when nabs and veterans palyed on same server… You get stomped, you learn, you adapt.

You.
Don’t.
Learn.
Anything.
From.
Getting.
Popped.
By.
A.
Widow.

why not allow cheating then
like aimbot
since
you can learn crosshair placement from that

You could learn to keep your ass behind shield or not to stand in open?

You will learn that from a hacker aswell :slight_smile:

No… Not really… Playing against smurf is letarally hit gud situation

I couldn’t agree more, smurfs are a problem. The response was “Don’t worry, they’ll be out of your hair after your match”. Well, actually that’s not good enough, because we still take that loss, we still get steam rolled and then, move on to the nxt match and, oh look, a fresh set of smurfs. Around and around we go, no wonder decent players are struggling to honestly climb.

1 Like

Add a mandatory option to link your phone number to your account to use comp queue just like in csgo or dota2

why should they do this? every smurf is another $ earned. thats what its all about

Everything you say is true i can’t disagree.But i also agree that if a team works good,no matter smurf or hack.You can beat them,It’s possible.But you need some real teamwork for that.Communication is the key.As about the reports idk guys i find it kinda weird.Once i was placed in the same team with a 5stack koreans playing to EU.It was good,friendly persons,couldn’t speak much english so everyone was trying his best.We did fine,unfortunately for us the enemies did better,so we lost.And they were blaming me for throwing the game when i was literally Hard Carrying them as hanzo on kings row with more than 20k damage when i bet the silver one wasn’t even 15k! Not saying the medals matter,but i just answered that the way i see it,they were five persons and i was one,can’t be just me for real,its a team game after all.When you lose,and blaming someone is just an excuse.So they actually did know english after all,and the only use they did was not to communicate during the game,was to flame me,on mics saying that i was bad and stop playing this game and that i am a poor boosted european and every european sucks at the game.The only thing i answered was by typing “Ok,go eat some rice and get back to korean servers then,fcking cunt” and just because they were 5 and everyone reported me they chatbanned me for like one week. So another day,we catch up with a 100% obvious cheater for two games,he wasn’t missing a single shot.He knew exactly when and where i was flanking,even when we managed to kill him i imidietly switched to tracer to try to spawn camp him to earn some time for the team,HE KNEW EVEN THEN! He was waiting for me,we even exposed him to his team on chat,and he started shooting walls on purpose for no reason when we were free,just to decrease his critical and scoped accuracy.Even then, he finished the game with 79% scoped accuracy and it was loooong game and he was shooting walls on purpose,everyone was 100% sure that he’s cheating,everyone on my team at least reported him.And after three days,he was still playing comp,on my team this time,and enemies were complaining that he’s still cheating.Idk what happened after,never met the guy again.Just pointing out that sometimes the reports are weird with two examples.

First of all, this guy only inclue tops for smurfing, well, by definition of smurfing It should be top players that do that, but actually gold tier player can easly stomp people in bronze tier, without even any bigger issues.

stop whinig?
Bullying is the use of force, [coercion], or threat, to [abuse, aggressively [dominate] or [intimidate]. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. One essential prerequisite is the perception (by the bully or by others) of an imbalance of physical or [social]power. This imbalance distinguishes bullying from conflict. Bullying is a subcategory of aggressive behavior characterized by the following three minimum criteria: (1) hostile intent, (2) imbalance of power, and (3) repetition over a period of time. Bullying is the activity of repeated, aggressive behavior intended to hurt another individual, physically, mentally, or emotionally.

You see, that stomping on low rank people is actually bullying.
Maybe don’t defend smurfs, I don’t understand, what’s the point of stompin weaker enemies? Where is fun? Why does it even deliver any fun?
Diogenes of sinope had a nice opinion about that.

Also, Someone said: Veterans of counter strike were playing on a same servers as noobs were, I run 3 counter strike 1.6 servers. Nope, You’re wrong. Almost every time someone highly skilled came to play about 40% were droppin of this server and moving to others, where they could enjoy the game, while also had a little challange.

Long time player here, recently returned to see nothing has really changed.

This game is fantastic, but still remains the issue of community i.e smurfs/alts/trolls/throwers/you tubers/one tricks/game leavers.

Love the idea of the 2-2-2 system, unfortunately this will not change a thing. Its the SR system that needs completely over hauling to take into account the previously mentioned.
Till then you will have nothing but the above mentioned players.
The ones I do feel sorry for are the really young players being hurt by these types of behaviour within the community.

Look personally I know I’m not top 500 material and currently queue solo for fun. However i reside in the bronze/silver catergory, which is complete bs. Of course I wouldn’t be if none of the above existed, but it does so I just play on in the hopes of having a good game.
Just look at lobbys all bronze portraits all the time, so this means no one has played over 2k hours on a Main account at that lvl crazy.

So no for me personally I find it quite laughable at these accounts trying to troll me, as it doesnt bother me in the slightest and can clearly tell all of the above characteristics.

So even with the beautiful new effort that blizz has implemented codos for trying something all the bods over at blizz, for creating a game that is wonderful.

But community SHAME on you for continuing to do the bs you do on a daily basis.
I would honestly love to see a lobby of main accounts playing all day all night, but alas it will never happen.

Feel free to troll this as I’ll no doubt be getting trolled in game at a later date.
if you made it this far well done. If your a blue keep up the good work. From aa true gamer #changeyourselves.

Cruel

How you know it is smurf? Smart enough? IQ?

There’s your issue.

If I have a really good game on one of my many alt accounts, I can be banned for that?

While I agree smurfing is bad sportsmanship, I highly doubt anything will be done about it, it’s impossible to track it.

Picture this:
You live in a house with your family, as most people do, you sit in your room playing Overwatch, as most of us do. You’re in plat and level 100. Your older, much more attractive brother, who is also far better at Overwatch than you plays on your same internet connection, perhaps even the same pc, plays in GM on his gold border account.

You watch some streams, you start vod reviewing yourself, you hire a coach, you commit yourself to being better at Overwatch because maybe, just maybe, one day you’ll hit GM like your genetically superior brother. You pop the fck off, you have some awesome games, you get accused of smurfing. You’re banned because your ip also has an account in GM and you were clearly smurfing in plat.

Yeah. Smurfing is a massive issue.

It is in the code as cheating and thus Blizzard should take them down the same as people using aimbots.

Sadly Blizzard don’t give an F about the “competitive” element of this game. They need to kill it to make people play OW2 (if it is indeed what is to be announced).

They will probably say there are things in place in 2 to stop it to try and make more people pay for the game.

Easy solution. Verify all accounts. and only allow 1 per season to play ranked. Done.

They won’t though, because as I said, they have your money and don’t give any F’s anymore about their players. (this is an Activision thing, take your money and laugh in your face)

copying and pasting what I said about this in another thread

What bothers me is I wish they would just be transparent about their reasoning. Instead they said some bullsh*t like “In our internal testing, we found that our system flawlessly placed smurfs back at their rank within only a few matches!!”

Let’s say this was true. If it was, it would only apply to smurf players who are trying as hard to climb as they are on their main. But let’s be honest. Most smurf players don’t care about climbing as much, and are quick to throw or not take the game seriously, and will flat out tell you “it’s not my main, I don’t care”.

Or maybe they are trying hard. But they’re using their smurf to “one trick” and there’s only so much a Genji one trick can do in the current meta, for example.

You could restrict one account each to their “authenticator” app, which many players are already using.

I’ve heard every argument but the fact is, if someone better than you smurfs, then it would probably not be fun or help you get better. Let alone that it puts more obstacles in place to climb.

As always, the buyer is the first to determinate how things should be run. Problem is, can the community of “normal” player unite and show to the company they don’t want smurfs anymore? Blizzard can solve it in any minute so… Stop playing until there is not a clear message that things will change. It is a nice game but competitive sucks 3 games on 4. I will do it. Bye!

Bye. Hope you find fun elsewhere.

Personally. I have one account. I pretty much solely play ranked (apart from when one friend plays, she can’t be bothered with it so we just QP). I don’t see any issues with so called smurfs.

Yeah, occasionally a better player on a new account is a pain, but they just win and are gone in a couple of matches. They are certainly not the reason I’ve played badly this season. That is just on me.

Are you serious ??? your one of those just get better people ??? I mean I played against smurfs several times over where all they did was spawn camp me and my team the whole match… How do you get better when you cant get out of spawn for more the 20 seconds before they team wipe again. It is competition the spirit of which is supposed to be people of roughly the same skill battling it out… Tell me would you bother playing a game that is supposed to be based on competition when one team is say pee wee baseball and the other is major league ? no why because you already know who is going to win… there is litteraly zero point to the match. To say otherwise to say its alright to smurf is a total load of you know what. Fact is if you start on a new account you have to actually lose most of your matches to end up in bronze…yet some how smurfs end up there… I cant count the times I have looked into the games area and saw a game listed throwing to 500… I mean seriously ?? To allow smurfing in the lower ranks is the same as allowing throwing in them… because there is no way a gold or platinum player will end up in bronze by starting a new account… to say is like saying you own the Brooklyn bridge and was curious if I wanted to by it for a dollar, it is a total and complete lie. Clearly you don’t spend alot of time in the lower ranks. I see people complain about smurfs almost every time I play. Which is almost every day. I used to room mate with a guy that was a platinum level player that bought an account and purposely went down to bronze just so he could mess around. I myself have watched time and time again as smurfs have ruined matches that I have been in… I myself am in a group that has started giving the game negative reviews and have started telling everyone not to buy the game… right now the group has 1000 people. Now imagine 1000 people telling everyone they know not to buy the game because of issues with smurfs and the like… now imagine say even half of those people tell people… your looking at 10s of thousands of people not purchasing the game… which equates to 100s of thousands in lost revenues. People are done dealing with smurfs… its not hard to detect them look at their game history… its not like most of them log in using different ip addresses… its easy to trace and track. If you are willing to put in the time… They wanted overwatch to be the next big thing in digital sports… .but that isnt going to happen if they don’t enforce rules in competition matches. I run a gaming server from home… If someone breaks the rules of my server the punishments are harsh I ban for 2 weeks minimum for the first offense… it goes up but 2 weeks each time so second offense is a month. And i don’t just ban the account I ban the ip address. I get why they don’t want to do that with overwatch but there are alternatives. Such as instead of avoiding a person on your team… Make it so they are avoided in the match all together… I mean think about it if someone is throwing, smurfing, aimbotting or just straight out toxic, it deals with all of it at once… and increase the amount of days to a week that you can avoid someone as well as say make it so you can avoid 10 people at a time… thats not a vast number of people by itself but if enough people do it those people that are ruining what has the potential to be a good game will have astronomical que times… which might be enough for them to think twice