So I got silenced for a month on the US forum

You know what there was a thread about sexism.

I posted “Hey girls, make me a sandwich”.

Clearly a tongue in cheek joke, and this is the result.

Over zealous or feminist mods or what?

2 Likes

Blizzard are ultra woke left wing sjw types

6 Likes

Well it was off-topic to Overwatch, so not specifically that no.

No the thread was about sexism in overwatch. Wouldn’t mind if I was actually trying to be offensive.

Kinda thing I would say to my wife / mother / daughter all of which would just laugh and say something equally cheeky back.

This generation of snowflakes…

2 Likes

it’s just a good joke

3 Likes

I opened a ticket, I think a month is a bit strong to say the least.

you wont get anything back

they will say “the ticket system isnt for appealing forum bans, there is nothing we can do”…

and give you no avenue to actually appeal your forum ban

Not too bothered tbh, it’s just the EU forum is to quiet. It’s irritating that so called mods can get away with over zealous behaviour unchecked though.

To be honest, complaining about it here isn’t going to make things better, on the contrary. Their forum, their rules. In before the lock.

I understand that it is meant as a harmless joke, and a month’s suspension might be a little over the top, but it was unnecessary, certainly not funny, and frankly quite tiresome for someone who has to deal with this on a daily basis. You probably got reported for it one too many times.

In all honestly, I can only laugh at people misbehaving in some way, even the slightest error, and then whine about getting slapped on the wrist for it.

Most “normal” people have found it funny to be fair, as you say month is over the top.

It won’t stop my sense of humour in online games. Nothing achieved by this, except those needing technical support on the forums will not get any now as I also spend a lot of time helping people there.

The mods do not look at the picture holistically. I would personally suspend the mod responsible for a month, or issue a warning to them to lighten up. That’s another story however.

As said, timespan might indeed be too long. But still. Your post probably got reported so many times it warranted that kind of suspension. They most likely have clear guidelines for this kind of stuff, guidelines they can’t share with the community since it will open up a whole bunch of unnecessary discussions and people walking the line too much.

However, going on a hunch here, I’m pretty sure these “normal” people you refer to are most of the time not female. The amount of times my female friend heard the “stay in the kitchen” kind of “jokes” when gaming online. Usually she lets it slide, but sometimes she snaps a little and makes a comment on it, and then she’s being laughed at for having no sense of humour or overreacting. It’s usually not understood by people who don’t hear the same thing over and over again, and it is just tiresome after a while.

Good for you, and it’s your good right. Just don’t be surprised when you sometimes get sanctioned because of one too many tasteless jokes. That’s the risk you should be willing to take.

Now you are being the real snowflake here, to be honest.

Yeah the US forums are not the place for “Stand up Comedy” and to be honest, that “joke” is not even funny anymore. Maybe in the 90s ? But at this point can be considered “Trolling/Flaming” and yeah, it basically is.

You can be sarcastic and throw a comment on how people should be more open to jokes etc and then communicate things before firing the reports but thats pretty much it. Dont be “funny” like that mate, they will never back down any automated penalty and they will stack to a thousand years (literally, you can check reddit for that).

1 Like

That was the whole point… It was a parody… as the whole thread was girls complaining about sexism.

Was supposed to be ridiculous. It’s called having personality.

It should of been met by a response such as “ok boomer”

Seems people can’t even laugh these days, it’s a shame.

I am aware of the stacking, I’ve been silenced before twice.

Loutish, you made a sexist joke in a thread about the challenges women experience in games, in relation to sexism. This is absolutely in penalty land. Even at the most forgiving level, you would be actioned just for the trollyness of it. As for the severity, yes 30 days is a long time, I agree. If it was your first offence it wouldn’t have been so severe, but you’ve been penalized multiple times before. In fact the penalty was your final warning.

Myself and the US moderators have reviewed your participation in the US Overwatch forums. Sadly, as you’ve shown no remorse, or understanding that your “joke” is clearly unacceptable, combined with your past history, it is with regret that we’ve had to remove you from participation on the Overwatch forums permanently in both the EU and US. Normally you would simply receive an email about this (which you will) but I want everyone else to also know discrimination is not a joke, it is not okay, and it is not welcome in our games.

Forum Code of Conduct: Blizzard's In-Game Code of Conduct - Blizzard Support

8 Likes

Thank you for confirming this every now and then.

Closing the topic as there is no further explanation required