Some thoughts about hamond

Would be nice if he have 3x headshot crit dmg, bcz hes small AF and 90% of time hes head is hidden

Hammond is fine as it is. Get a Sombra and trust me, it’s not 90% anymore. And if you CC him enough, you don’t even need his head to shoot at.

1 Like

thats the problem of this hero and many others, bcz they could be countered only by 1 other hero and almost being unkillable by others.
And if in other team theres no players who can play sombra (in this case) or he can just kill her first - hammond just become bulldoser that kills any1

Sombra is not his only counter. Mei is a good one, Junkrat, Ana, Brigitte, Roadhog, McCree, … Hammond is far from unkillable, he’s just fast - and when you stop him in his tracks, you don’t need to increase the crit damage to be able to kill him since he has a hitbox the size of the moon.

2 Likes

hammond counters from them is the same as trying to counter tracer with harambe… they can conter him if only if he do something like “Hey, theres my face, i will stand still and you shoot me”

wrecking ball is the most universally simple target to hit… and his health pool is not that super amazing… i mean you don’t even have a baby d.va to deal with after…

though baby Hammond would be adorable…

1 Like

I main him lately, my biggest problems are Mei, Mc’cree, Hog, Doom and Brig. 1 on 1 i can usually grapple out, you pair any two of them up i start to have to trouble.

Hogs hook can do him more harm than good tbh if i’m backed by a good healer and he’s not supported, it just lets me ping his face and build Ult, maybe even get the kill.

The exception being a good Doom player, they knock my furry ass everywhere if i’m not on it and then the widow/mc’cree can just finish me off. Sombra can be a major pain too if they are good, usually when i’m winding up for the cannon ball, or i’ve swung out to drop mines. Just needs to keep an eye on him.

Sym, torb turret and mei are good for slowing him down generally, I have to drop what i’m doing and focus on getting away and then get set up for my target again etc.

He’s a lot like reaper to deal with, teams just needs to focus and get him down quickly then move on.

They are his hard counters… he is not meant to be able to beat them or escape them… if you come up against them switch your hero… that is all

So a sniper main is mad because there is ONE hero they can’t get an instant headshot kill on? Am I getting that right?

2 Likes

If i went by that logic i’d never play half the heroes because there is always at least one “hard” counter in every match…

True. A counter alone is not a reason to switch a hero - maybe the counter is not playing well, maybe the counter can be countered, … It just means you have to adapt your playstyle to a more careful one and see how it turns out. Don’t switch immediately when the enemy switches to counter you.

1 Like