Sr gain/loss is a bit messed up

Okay so that’s the scenario: yesterday I hit 3250 sr, I lost two games and was around 3202 which is fine but after sweating the entire night and going one more win than loss, I’m 3219. that is an overall gain of 17 sr. I mean come on. Just because I play utility characters and I don’t have gold damage all the time doesn’t mean I don’t contribute to the team fight. I can understand a system that always lets you lose/ gain the same 25 sr for example. Would be perfect, wouldn’t it be, but noooo it’s „performance based“ and its not rare that you gain less than you lose. That just sucks. 50/50 would be ideal, not 65/35. thanks for coming to my rant

1 Like

That’s the thing, you need to be on fire most of the game, have very accurate aim n such, so it’s hard to make heroes like Mercy on fire.

I’m not a fan of the system either

2 Likes

The performance based boost goes away after you hit Diamond.
You mostly rely on winrate from that point on, but you’d still gain less if your MMR is lower.

Sadly enough there isn’t much information available of the MMR system, though it will definitely become much much harder. The longer you are in the same ranking the easier it can become to get out of it… though then again that takes some time.

Yea I am in diamond as I said but why do I still gain/ lose weird amounts of sr, damn I just wanna climb haha

1 Like

Just got to keep grinding and keep winning. The number will go up without you worrying about it if you do that.

It’s the old Stylosa cliche, but still it’s my favorite quote in relation to Overwatch; “Rank doesn’t matter”.

I used to care about SR too much a couple of years ago. I would stop playing if I lost 2 games in a row :joy: take a break like I just lost a big hand in poker. I would warm up my aim in the practice range first, then a QP game, and only then I’d go in to comp. It was just silly.

After a while, I realized that Blizzard will do whatever they want with this game eventually and us worrying or stressing about balance changes or sr gain/loss is really a fruitless endeavor. I mean, we’re not pros, we don’t get paid to play this game, so why should we stress about it or that virtual sr number?

Just play for fun.

2 Likes

What I understood from that situation of losing more points than winning some is that you’re climbing, but slower than some others because you are not quite yet frankly better than others your rank (although +17 could just means that your wins were not as decisive as your loss were tough). If it’s a regular situation, it can mean that you are “pushing” against your higher MMR limit and currently extending it to allow you to climb.

I hope this small explanation is understandable as it is from what I got from asking around about OW system.

I literally just gained 20 sr after playing echo and completely smashing the enemy team like huh ?? I was on fire the entire game, had gold kills and damage and had potg what do you need more?

Yeah I understand really, the system is flawed, but apparently you need to be on fire most of the time for most games for the SR to go up. Argh

Well that would make sense. To be on fire the game has to think you are doing positive things. So the more on fire you are, the better you are playing, according to the game.