Starting to get tired

I really feel that i’m getting tired of the game.

I mean, not really ONLY of the game but also of the players and the community of this game.

I feel the more they add Heroes the more the game becomes less interesting because it always brings a way for people to be annoying and toxic. It feels they never listen to the fans advices and just do it their way and it’s annoying.

I have been playing for a year and a half now and it really feels that there has been nothing really new ever since. Always the same events, the same game modes, the skins are barely interesting and competitive is just not fun because there is no rewards from it except a golden gun.

I don’t think there’s a lot of heroes that needs a nerf but instead a lot of heroes that needs a rework. Like Mcree and his Flashbang that flashes you even when it is behind you, Brigitte shield stun and whip shot should be swapped imo to make it less easy to stun you but more easy to boop you (like Lucio), Moira could have a kind of “Poison zone” and “healing zone” ability instead of the healing and damage bubbles, Mei’s freeze could be an ability instead of being her primary shot, etc…
_

I’m not the kind of person to say “oVeRWatCh iS dEAd” but… I mean, it is dying a little every day, and its really heartbreaking to watch a game I truly love decaying like that.

I really think they should stop releasing heroes for a while and concentrate on balancing the game and making new modes/new events, a better competitive system and also SOME LORE FFS !

PS : I’m not hating on the game nor am i saying i’m going to stop playing forever, i’m just giving my opinion on what i see :confused:

The more heroes they add the more cc and boops, you are cc to death in this game and I find that tedious.

I can’t see them refining things like flash bang, they just buff fth and then nerf fth, they seem to go for the easy stuff to adjust rather than redoing and refining abilities sadly.

2 Likes

The thing is all these heroes are still viable, it’s not like they are troll picks (like old Symmetra or Torb) or caused so much issue something needed to be removed (Hanzo’s Scatter). The toolkits are all good they just require balancing in the correct places, but things don’t need reworks just because you dislike them otherwise this would be a very boring game.

We definitely need more lore content though, I kinda expect to have more permanent PvE modes for players that enjoy that. Sure those modes can get boring fast, but they are a change of pace from the toxic environments in PvP stuff.

I didn’t say they had to make the changes i listed, it was just how I would have changed it if i personnaly was working on the game. But imo Mcree and Mei really need something to make them less annoying without making them less useful. i’d love Mcree’s flashbang to actually blind you for a few seconds like any other games instead of just stunning you.

A pve mode with enemies waves on a map would be fun. Or just leaving the pasts events gamemodes on the arcade menu for people to play when they want to. I would love to play Retribution again without having to wait a whole year for the event to come back :confused:

I second what Jaqenoffski said. There is just too much CC. Some characters are ok, Like Ana; Sleeping Dart is her only way to defend herself, Roadhog hook is his thing, Rein ult; well not much you can do for an ult of a guy with a massive hammer.

But then there a bunch of others. You have Hammond just spinning around and booping you all around. Doomfist punches you away, punches you up, and now his Sesmic Slam will pull you in. Then Ashe with her shotgun. Brig with her Shield Bash and boop.

Sometimes playing a tank is a disaster, you just keep bouncing around not able to do anything.

1 Like

I actually think the opposite: we need more heroes at a faster pace. Especially tanks now.

I tend to agree that CCs are a bit too present. The most annotying to me is Hammond’s pile driver which has a ridiculous radius to me.

But I think the team is creating new tanks and tries to reduce the amount of CC, so I suppose we’re on the right track.

I also got tired of the game, leading to a 8 months break, now im back playing the game with a more laid back attitude cause i realize that what was really sucking the fun out of me was the fact that i was caring too much about the game making me toxic and frustrated.
Taking a break, stop playing the game and doing something else until one day you are like “Oh i want to play Overwatch again !” instead of “Time to play Overwatch…agan”.
Its usually a good sign.

The thing is, i don’t play this game to win or anything (I played a few ranked to get one gold weapon and that’s it.) i play because i LOVE this game so much. I love the characters, the story, the graphics, etc…
But the more i play, the more i see its defaults… The unbalanced characters, the lack of efforts put on new content and all that. i can deal with it most of the time. But the worst thing is just the community tbh. This game’s community is rotten to the core. Between the salty players, the trolls, the throwers, … It’s just not fun to play anymore. I know it’s like that for a lot of games but seriously.

I don’t want to watch this game die, but i guess it’s inevitable. :confused:

Toxic players arnt the problem. its the players that troll that is the problem. you become toxic because of trolls. you become toxic because you want to play competitive and win but all you get are duos dps trolling players that “Dont care”.

that’s blizzard for you… toxic chat is a no-go… anything else they don’t give a rats behind about