Still high latency

there was no reply on the last post about latency, is anyone even looking at those?

Today there is this: Looking glass show normal things, 63 ms for both cdg and ams
but ingame i have 90 ms.

edit: last game had 106ms, alt tabed and run traceroute/mtr, showed 75 and 60 ms/ not packet loss

DONT ask for traceroute again, look at the last post.

edit: and btw, the problem is not that i have 80ms rather than 65 or 90 rather than 70, the problem is it changes all the time, its impossible to play projectile heroes that i like, i’m about done with the game.

Hello CRS,

The Looking Glass is a test that checks the connection from the Blizzard servers, routed from our ISP. So it is useless if you need to check your connection to our servers.

In the other post you made, you ended up with:

So this made us believe that the problem was sorted for you. We need to see a newly generated WinMTR test if you are still having this issue so we can check all the details, not only the packet loss.

Here an mtr from a game that had 85-90 latency, not one of the crazy ones but still. Note: before this one i made two more, both 65 ms. That’s what usually happens, i play a normal game, then 30 ms more, sometimes i get crazy 100-120 ms. It’s really tiresome for aim-intensive heroes to have to change the leading of the shot every game.
edit: i should add, all 3 games(65ms,65ms,85ms) were on ams1, on cdg i usually get even worse variations.

The ip of the server was 5.42.175.215:
https://pastebin.com/S3DmgNnc

Hey CRS,

The only issue I can see is when your connection gets routed on this node/hop:
|pr01.eqfr5.blizzardonline.net - 1 | 340 | 338 | 47 | 53 | 138 | 48 |

You go from 8ms of worst ping in the previous hop to 138ms on this one which also causes a 1% packet loss. So there you have spikes of latency which can cause the problem. Please keep in mind this is not a Blizzard-related issue or node. Even if it has that name it’s just a peering node used by another provider to connect to us.

In general though 65ms-90ms is not considered really a problem. However, if you get spikes up to 120ms the above is where that happens. This means you need to sort with your ISP and ask them to have a look. If possible provide them the WinMTR traces as this is something only your Internet Provider can fix.

Lets get to the other thing then: why a traceroute/mtr/ping can show 20 ms lower than the actual ingame metric?

Also i exited the game before stoping the mtr, thats where the packet loss is from probably.

Also while the mtr shows 66ms average ingame i had 85ms average

Also, since the game changes latency when i rejoin a game and not restarting my router i’m led to believe its a problem with your servers code.