Streamers stop with unranked to gm streams

When you are already GM why is it oke to gank low elo players? Its giving a bad sign to high players to do the same and it makes unbalanced games. Just try to make new content and stop making the game toxic in low elo’s.

3 Likes

No.

They aren’t doing anything wrong. And most do it with the purpose of educating their viewers.

So, no, don’t stop it. Just don’t flood the market with it because diminishing returns.

Yes and no.
We all understand why they do it, mostly because the game is in a coma and they have nothing else to do etc but … they know they dont belong in gold or plat, where they initially play so yes, they DO create a bad experience on their way up.

It is not as bad when they are GM and they play vs Masters but they absolutely CRUSH Diamonds, Plats and Golds. Its not funny. And not educative because they win not because of the tactics they use, but because they are substantially better than ANY of their enemies.

2 Likes

At worst, a GM player is going to place high plat as ML7 did once.

Most seem to place mid-diamond.

And if they are just trying to win games after that and climb, they aren’t ruining anything for anyone.

But you are right, will be better than their enemies (which is why I can see where you got “ruined” from, not one likes getting beat). But that doesn’t mean their enemies can’t win. The amount of unranked to GM’s Samito has done and just gets stuck for ages in diamond.

1 Like

Not really. Most place plat and sometimes even gold.

That way up is pretty much a stomp after stomp, specially if the player is a DPS. The whole thing is bad, the problem is that is people dismiss it because not everyone is doing it of course but if EVERYONE was doing it? yeah … there is your answer.

Its a bad move and it needs to stop.

2 Likes

Even if one did. It isn’t their choice.

if they have levelled the account legitimately (ie not got someone to do it for them, like Redshell did, or bought the account pre-levelled)… Then after that just tried to play the game to the best of their abilities and climb. I don’t see the issue.

They are doing nothing that you or I can’t do. Except they have the ability to keep winning.

Not liking the content is another matter, I am not a fan of it, but mostly because of diminishing returns. But it is popular and easy views on YouTube, which is why they do it.

So, I guess. If people stopped watching it, they’d have to think of something else to do.

1 Like

It kinda is though, because nobody forced them to buy a different account mate.
You are buying a new account when you are NOT a new player, knowing for sure the system will be unable to properly assess your skill level instantly.

So yeah it is.

It doesnt matter, its still a bad thing to do. Nobody is saying you are throwing, but you are purposefully, knowingly playing on ranks you should NOT play in. Thats the point.

The ability or inability to do evil does not matter when judging the active choice of doing it, specially considering the consequences are the same:
You as a GM are playing in ranks you KNOW you dont belong to, and therefore creating a distorted/worse experience for the other players.

Its as easy as this: If EVERYONE that was GM and Masters did this … would it be ok? even though they are not streamers and its not “for content” ?

Yeah, the answer is still the same. No.
Is it as bad as smurfs who throw on purpose to keep lower ranks? Nope. Still bad, but not as bad.

2 Likes

A bad thing to do? They are just buying an account. Levelling and playing the game.

If that was a bad thing to do, we would all be a little screwed.

Nothing stopping someone from another game completely, and new to OW, doing the same, and totally rolling people for a few games.

Are you being hardcore disingenuous for no reason now or what?
This is not an MMO dude, if you have 1 account, theres ZERO reason to buy another one to “level up”.

It is a bad thing to do, thats why accounts allow you to play different roles and levels dont mean anything besides cosmetics, so literally, unless you got banned, getting another account makes zero sense. Zero need for that.

A new player getting the new player experience and playing with new players in lower ranks where new players usually are is NORMAL.

An experienced player, getting the new player experience and ultradestroying new players in lower ranks where new players usually are is BAD.

If you cant really see it (and you are not trolling) I am afraid I cant help the blind to see mate. Its really clear, like the difference between someone using a knife to cut his/her food or using a knife to stab someone.

Crystal C L E A R.

3 Likes

No. I legit don’t think someone buying a fresh account and doing what everyone else would do if they were starting from scratch is an issue.

A friend of mine started playing for the first time about 10 days ago. Levelled, placed, got (just checking messages…) 2879. Is already in masters. After placements he was completely rolling people.

What you want to say is that people should only have 1 account. And that is a fine opinion to have. Although it is basically impossible to do.

1 Like

Then you truly have an issue, because again, its CRYSTAL clear.
If you dont see it, re-read the post above and focus on the bolded parts. Its really not that hard to see the difference and why its wrong. Like it doesnt take 3 master degrees or an MTI title.

Press X to doubt but even so, if he is TRULY new, thats fine. Who said otherwise?

Nope, thats not what Im trying to say and Nope, its not imposs … what?
How is it IMPOSSIBLE to have only 1 OW account? :rofl:
Is there someone forcing you to buy them? Someone giving it to you for free and making you register it to your mail at gun point?

WHAT ? :joy:

1 Like

All you are saying is that some people shouldn’t be allowed to buy accounts.

That is silly.

Yes he is new, was only playing Fortnite and Apex before that.

It is impossible to stop people having multiple accounts. And, actually not that smart an idea.

Unranked to GM challenges actually drive engagement with the product, and that is why Blizzard actually like them. If you can a ground breaking idea that is better. Please share.

At this point you are 100% trolling if you claim that All Im saying is “some people shouldnt be allowed to buy accounts”. Its insane the amount of effort you are putting on twisting words, change the order and misunderstand on purpose literally 90% of what I am posting.

Yes thats silly because NOBODY said that dude, you made that up.
You are strawmaning almost every sentence I said, in order to not admit a simple truth:
People that are REALLY experienced and brutally good at the game shouldnt be playing with people that are way below their skill and knowledge.

That thing happening is wrong and when GMs buy new accounts thats exactly the purpose and the reason they are doing it, not to have a fancy new name or because they feel like “levelling” an account like an MMO.

The rest? Is mental gymnastics.
Good luck tho, lets see how you twist my words. No more replies for you, since its pointless and you strawman HARDCORE and misunderstand everything on purpose.

2 Likes

Not twisting your words. Just think you’re barking up the wrong tree if you think it’s an issue.

Why are you @ me dude? Never said it was illegal, do you have a reading comprehension issue?

1 Like

There was little point in reading what you said, so I just scanned and paraphrased.

Ultimately you are wrong and they be doing nothing wrong. So the solution to your own problem is just get on with life.

You just mad at getting beat.

So you basically read 2 keywords and make up the rest, then create a response based on something no one actually said. Cool.
Great system mate :rofl:

Ultimately you are just throwing fallacies and exposing yourself and because you cant actually refute anything I said, you are hardcore triggered.

I dont get beat by smurfs dude, another thing you just made up. At this point is mildly entertaining to see what can you twist and make up next :joy:

Keep raging though, feel free to do so without any replies, muting now.

1 Like

Nah. I just threw a quote direct from Jeff Kaplan.

haha Assuming I am triggered. Funny S word.

You raging at people making YouTube/Twitch content… That is funny. How dare they make a living.

And the fact that your only come back is “you didn’t read Mr.” suggests that maybe, you didn’t really have any point in the first place lol.