Thanks Blizzard

WHEN DID BLIZZARD ATTACK HUMAN RIGHTS?

Never. No one has a right to a platform, that doesn’t exist. You can’t break into someone’s house with a megaphone and call it “freedom of speech”. Blizzard is under no obligation to allow political speech at their events, something that has always been banned and is banned by every other company for the same single reason: corporations are not political. You keep insisting that they’re evil tyrants, they’re not. They do not care. They will never care. And you clearly don’t care either since you can’t even be bothered to formulate a valid argument.

I urge you to read FrankDrebin and my conversation, I think you will find valid arguments in there. Have a nice day.

And yet bans Blitzchung but no single punishment for the 3 students at the american university who hold a sign with the same message. Someone is losing ground here…

Also if supporting human freedom in HK is political then so is supporting LBGT yet that is allowed ? No no no blizzard is not siding with China because off money… Else they would have banned the 3 American students as well.

1 Like

I think you make 1 mistake by comparing HK to LGBT movement. The political situation in HK is foreign politics, where as LGBT in general has no political map on its own, but can at any point have events which will be using LGBT in a geopolitical way. Thus I don’t think they are comparable, though I understand your point. When Blizzard says they support LGBT its generally rooted within its’ own walls, as a company policy, and not a political agenda or opinion. I do not know of the specific case about the 3 American students, so I cannot form an oppion on the matter.

To clarify:
LGBT within Blizzard means that they support LGBT amongst their employees and costumers, which means that it is a sackable offence to mistreat on that behalf. It is also something HR has to encourage to the employees. As well as Blizzard including it into their End User Liscense Agreements. But it is at no point a political opinion aimed at law makers, or other contries, which is the big difference. You could say that is where “Every Voice Matters” comes in, however, its original meaning is about voicing company and product related opinions, such as ideas for games or the business, and wasn’t ever intended for political agendas, as far as I understand. Lastly correct me if I am Wrong here… when those 3 students held that sign, they did it at a university, which Blizzard has no stake in when it comes to the platform or event?

Also if supporting human freedom in HK is political then so is supporting LBGT yet that is allowed ?

You see no difference between recognising the basic right to dignity, and taking sides in a geopolitical conflict? Jesus…

Else they would have banned the 3 American students as well.

So you’re now complaining that they didn’t do MORE of the action you consider evil? Funny how you ignore that when it conflicts with your narrative that Blizzard are evil chinese stooges…

Yo! That is a bit of a condescending and rude way to say it.

You have boldly asserted yourselves as moral paragons, and yet you behave in a way less moral than even the average person. If you want respect, you must act in a way befitting respect. If you accuse people of being evil or hateful for no other reason than to make yourself feel superior, how can you expect anything but disdain from your targets?

I dont really agree there is plenty of countries where it is in their political agenda that being LBGT is a crime as we know. So in some way you can say it is offensive for some to mention it, how stupid that may even sound for most of us. Same as supporting human freedom is most countries common sense, so i can say it in my country although I would get some weird looks cause we do have that right.

Anyway you can discuss on this topic for quite awhile, for me the main reason is for boycotting Blizzard is that it seems quite obvious they pick a side. I think it would not blow up on the media as much if they give those 3 students the same treatment and the punishment wasn’t that severe.

You tell me LBGT is basic dignity in the whole world ? How absurd it may sound LBGT can be considered offensive as well in some countries but somehow it is okay if person X mention too support LBGT but not human freedom which is also a basic thing for most of us…

Where did I say they are evil ? what is so hard to get about equal treatment and not picking sides. You tell me it is ok they ban person A but not person B even though they did the same thing? But got it in your view it seems Blizzard can’t do wrong. And everyone having a different opinion then you is replied with anger leave Blizzard alone!!

Same as supporting human freedom

They’re not being held hostage, they’re citizens of a country and want to declare independence from said country.

for me the main reason is for boycotting Blizzard

You aren’t boycotting anything, you’re here RIGHT NOW. If you hate them so much then go away. But you don’t. You want to come here and post about how good you are for attacking them.

what is so hard to get about equal treatment and not picking sides.

You have equal treatment. No one is allowed to make political statements. Being gay is not a political statement, stop being silly.

But got it in your view it seems Blizzard can’t do wrong.

They do a lot wrong, and it’s always on the orders of people like you. You all rally around some stupid idea and you pollute the entire community with toxicity.

1 Like

I like it how you keep dodging the question let me repeat myself.

Not sure what is so hard about it but lets try again.

Well, if the students in question didn’t sign any contracts that allow blizzard to penalize them they can’t. I think that is pretty obvious, if it wasn’t even something done at a Blizzard event but some other organizers, then Blizzard has no juristriction at all. Blizzard can’t punish you for saying stuff in your home :slight_smile: or on the street, or internet, if its not A) on their site, and B) an agreement which you digitally signed and later broke.

Well guess what they got banned… after 8 days!! so yeah :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you also. Of behalf of the whole Activision Blizzard games and S.A. I want to thank u for being with us for so long.