The new Road hog

So I know that hog was overtuned a few patches ago, and honestly it was a blast for me as a hog 1 trick, and a nice break from the double shield meta. But it was obvious that he needed a little tuning down. But now. It is physically impossible for him to 1 shot combo hero’s like sombra and echo consistently. I played him during double shield, I know how bad he was. And I would much prefer that hog to this one. He is worse than old hog by a long shot. The shotgun changes make it harder to 1 shot ( and don’t try and change my mind that it doesn’t). Please. Blizzard. Test your changes before you push them to live, and make hog at least playable in high ranks and not a throw pick.

He can obviously be played if you had experience during the time of double shield, I’ve peaked with these new hog changes, but with immense difficulty. Even buffing his damage by 0.5 would put him back into the pick pool for higher ranks. (Please don’t try and tell me that they don’t do decimals, torb has 12.5 dmg per pellet.)

Feedback would be appreciated.

I’m not sure he needs more. Just bow requires team work for him to get reliable picks. Which I think is fine.

Hogs running off doing their own thing for the whole game isn’t really good for anyone (bar the hog player). It is enforces bad habits that don’t really help the team that much.

Hog is used to initiate fights. Getting even 1 pick allows the team to be able to push and potentially win a fight. If he can’t get that pick then what is the point of playing hog? He is played for pick potential. Not damage overall.

Maybe a damage buff would not be the best way forward for him ( but would be nice). Maybe an increase in hook damage to allow him to secure them fight winning picks?

Say 30 to 50 damage ?

If you hook someone, you team should shoot them as well, then it is still high pick potential.

If your dps don’t do that, then they are the issue.

You’ve pulled them in and given them a free kill opportunity.

I think the pick potential is still similar, just needs more coordination.

but yeah. If you think its low value, play someone more effective.

I’m sorry but with the way everything has been nerfed recently I feel like hog is the high risk-high reward character he should be.

1 Like

100%

Damage as a whole needed to be pegged back a little.

I think Hog is about right. A situational pick.

1 Like

If you hook someone with 200 Hp into a scrap shotgun to the face. They should die. Simples.

And they do. If your team shoots them once or twice too.

I think it is fine. Hook is beyond broken anyways, so most people are just hook spamming, so it makes it a little fairer.

Who says that? I completely disagree with that, especially considering how shields are not that good anymore. Also I like the depth there is the executing the oneshot combo. If you can do it, you’re gonna be able to 1shot a lot more heroes.

200 hp hero’s have always, Always been able to be Killed by 1 shot combo. Why should that suddenly change now? It changes hog as a hero.

I get its annoying as a one trick… but it is fair.

His damage is exactly what it was pre buff.

1 Like

That is incorrect. It has been tweaked many times if I recall correctly and a world where hog actually gets the oneshot every single time is a world that I don’t wanna live in.

No. No it isn’t. The shotgun patent changes make it impossible to 1 shot sombra. SOMBRA! A 200 hp character. Have you actually played hog since the changes ?

I have, well in the training room, and I know what you mean.

But I just don’t think its an issue. Team work will help.

If you’ve gone off on your own on a mad flank, you just won’t get the same value.

What rank are you? In masters hog is extremely hard to play and has always been able to 1 shot combo consistently. But not any more.

One shot combo works on cree BTW…

So its obviously a hit box thing, not a dmg thing.