The unfair obstacles of climbing in ranked

Ehm no this shouldn’t be allowed. You can come up with suggestions but defenetly in no case you are entitled to demand or force people to do as you like especially since you are playing with people in your own SR range. You are lacking game sense /experience etc just as much as they do so please don’t try to act like you know everything when you, in fact, don’t. The 2-2-2 composition is not optimal all the time and in most cases everything can work especially in lower ranks.
As about leavers, they are on both sides. It compensates along the way and there is a penalty for it for a reason .
So , some advice for you, most important is DON"T TILT YOUR TEAM MATES , focus on your gameplay only , learn from your mistakes, see what you can do more to help your team out ( no matter what the team composition is) , try to die less, use your ult wisely , keep track of enemy ults and position yourself accordingly etc etc.

Again with the advice. Not asking for tips or pointers, I’m trying to have a discussion about the current climate in the game and how it affects the outcome from the start.
Where did I say anything about 2-2-2? And when have said this is about what I as one part of a team want? That is the opposite of what my point was, that it would require at least FOUR or MORE votes. How is it unfair or demeaning to have the option of performing a team vote on one players role for the remainder of one game?

This is exactly what I was telling you , you and your team have the same knowledge of the game . Also what you are suggesting can be abused . But what I see from what you keep saying is that you want someone to blame for your loses which in this case is either your team or someone in your team and refuse to see your own mistakes and improve.

And btw forcing someone out of their role won’t bring you any victory.

How is it “blame for your loses” to suggest the option of a direct vote on team composition? That is an effort from my side to try and voice my opinion in how the ranked part of Overwatch should be designed.
I’m blaming a weird leaver culture for some losses yes, but that is the games where people leave for no good reason and I’m down 20 points.
I’m blaming people who join a ranked game, where the point is team play, and how they abuse the fact that they never have to actually take in their teams point of view. Which would be the case if they played a sport in real life. Is it bullying and abuse to say in a hockey team that one player shouldn’t be goalie due to the high number of losses? Is it wrong of a football club to replace a coach? No, that’s standard.

Why is it any different to be given the same option in Overwatch but based on a direct democracy vote? If you are mature and self-conscious in a moderate extent you should be able to handle being put in a role for one game, after a majority of your own team agree that you underperformed. That is not saying that player is all bad, it’s not saying that they suck as a person. It’s stating that they did not perform well during one round, and that they are voted into taking the role of what still is more than a few heroes in the other categories.

who is the team? Who tells the team what to do? I guess its you?
No, its mostly 6 random independent individuals with their own (different) views on team’s needs and tactics required for a victory.

Yes, that I don’t argue with. But the team is the six people who are meant to play together and in that group we should apply democratic values where in which we vote in order to reach an understanding. But that is what I’m seeing as a problem. I recently finished a paper in ethnology at Uppsala University about co-operation in large groups of people. There I argue for the use of the psychological theory about the minimal group paradigm, which defines how people make decisions to benefit their own group before another in almost any given scenario. And if everyone makes decisions to benefit themselves in a relatively small team of six, without mechanics that make it possible to create a collective direction - then it’s always about human relations, which in the real life is adjusted through social construction to enable people being able to co-operate, for example in a sports team. I am only stating that we should treat Overwatch like a sport and add the possibility of creating structure through team votes.

Having team votes where four people out six need to vote yes is imo quite a fair margin and would not infringe on the fundamental structure of the game since it would be a short term solution in one game mode that requires structure. Only having the option of reaching co-operation in the scenario that everyone are willing to listen to each other is unfair from a logical perspective since it’s unlikely that people will get along that well and sense the game at the same time.

I am willing to accept that not every game will end in my favour. But the fact that I feel that there are too many games where I only lose due to an arisen imbalance during the game - that just feels annoying.

u wanna prohibit someone from playing wat they want?dude how is the weather like in ur colon?pretty gasy i would assume, lot of smog.u in silver, just get high value pick and do ur thing its ez, if u cant climb u just need to get better, dont play comp all the time, the salt is reaching ur brain.play some arcade or custom games to get more confortable with a hero, go with the mindset of “i’m gonna milk this part of a heros kit”(imma try direct hits with junk or hs with ash/cree or engaging without winstons leap) instead “imma win this” without properly acessing urs and the oponents skills and getting rekt.get better first wins come after.and about not willing to cooperate in silver, u barely know how to use heros and u want perfect coordination and comboa?good luck mate i dont have dat with a plat six-stack that plays together everyday for a year and only recently have we begun to sinergise.u lose cause someone refused to switch i win 5v6 thats the diference in atitude, u believe u lose cause one player sucks and i believe its winnable until the clock reaches 0

just stop playing u not gonna climb with that atitude and other player at ur rank will probably apreciate it if u play something else.yes it is toxic to tell someone they are trash on their pick, specially since ur silver u have 0 high moral highroung to speak off, there is this thing called moral and if u read anything about military strategy u’ll now moral is half the batle so dont berate ur teamates when they do something wrong pull them up when they do something amazing or just reasonably good(ur silver ur not gonna see a lot of amazing plays), let those endorphins run through their brains and improve their mental state instead of depressing them cause a silver player thinks their bad(u are all trash, get it through ur heads and git gud). i can see so many flaws about ur game just from one post, KNOW that if i teamed up with u WOULD tilt just from wat u rite and i WOULD be toxic to u(yes sometimes i’m toxic too,everyone is sometimes, i just recognise it and the damage it does to a teams moral but sometimes it just explodes).god damn this posted tilted me.more than most matches.stop whinning git gud u arrogant scrub

1 Like

Why is it so long omg. Just write “i need coaching” instead of Wall of text full of blaming other things but you.

It’s remarkable to hear all of you burp the same sentence over and over and over. I’m talking about the aspects of the game that are about strangers co-operating in comp games, not individual performance. TEAM performance. TEAM.
It’s just awkard to see you trying to push the conversation into that area in order to derail my thread and with that my point .
By the way, the argument that having the option of hindering ONE player from playing ONE hero category for the remainder of ONE game is not that harsh to anyone. And adding the factor of it only being possible after the first round has passed makes it reasonable in the sense that it allows everyone to show what they are capable of and then if needed reach a TEAM DECISION based on a DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY IN A VOTE, then that’s like any kind of sports in the world.

Caps parts for those of how you that seem to have trouble taking in what I’m writing since you insist on adding your OWN thoughts and calling them MINE for some reason.

Adress what I’m bringing up instead of going OT in lack of arguments.

Do your very best to focus on base mechanics (i.e. aim, positioning, CD timers, general gamesense).

In bronze and silver, teamwork is a rarity. If you can outplay the enemies, you will climb.

yeah you want to discuss a moot point, thats why people derail the thread into something arguable trying to help you.

do you see team sports players complaining about thwir team when they in the 3rd division?no, they know they suck so should u

1 Like

Are you kidding me? People in 3rd division are without a doubt arguing about the comp in their teams, not all of them of course but people are organizing even in lower divisions and any other form of organized activity divide roles by votes. It’s the most common thing you will find in any large group that has trouble making decisions.

Are you saying that low ranked soccer team don’t divide the team into specific parts of the court and different roles? That’s bull crap on a grand scale.

Saying that people that feel the way I do should just accept the situation that comp is in. In my opinion that is like you are saying that is a functional and fun game environment at the moment and that it’s good game design to have it be a f-ing free for all where you need to go super saiyan instead of having a fundamentally functional way of making team decisions in a mode that when you que in you should have to accept the fact that it’s meant to be played as a unit. Otherwise they could remove objectives and timers all together and just let it be a frag fest.

But to be honest, in my opinion I would rather have Overwatch be a game that actually enforces team play as a part of the game design in order to be more stable. Having a democratic voting system for team decisions would also according to myself be a way of reducing toxicity within the community since it would define how feuds and conflicts would be resolved. Berlin in the 50’s was calmer than an Overwatch-arguments.

I love how the OP is still blaming Blizzard because lowrank players don’t know how to play the game.

They will never play like players in higher ranks, it’s just not how it works and it’s not Blizzard’s fault.

Even in Diamond/Master you can’t always expect decent teamwork so asking for it in Gold/Silver/Bronze is dellusional.

We’ve explained that to you a few times if I’m not mistaken so please accept it, listen to what we’re telling you, get better at the game, climb and eventually you’ll have some games with some teamplay. Don’t try LFG in lower ranks, it’s going to be the same thing unless you’re always babysitting your team in voice.

No, that is not what I am saying. That is what you are trying to make it look like I am saying in order to disarm my rhetorical stance.
I’m saying that Blizzard should implement a system that would allow any player, in any match to do this. It’s a mean to improve team performance by enforcing a pivotal point in the games design.
As of now the team play aspect of Overwatch is entirely optional for anyone. This means that players that do not seek that everyone should be Pine 24/7 and get 14 k per 10 minutes.
What I’m saying, AGAIN, is that the game needs structure in order to be more stable in regards to the social environment and how there are no options to make groups decisions.

To be honest it seems a lot like you would be on the short end of the votes I’m suggesting so I understand why you don’t want it implemented.

You wanna know why I’m saying that again? Because you are constantly repeating that every individual player should have to resort to finding regular team mates in order to have an okey experience in LFG comp or reach a high enough skill level that you go full Goku on everyone. That means that there are no in game features for organizing the team in LFG.

I like to que now and then, not that time every night that we planned together. And I should be able to have the option of discussing and making majority based decisions together with my team in regards to which position one player has after a given length of time.

You are all disregarding the fact that you are going around my original point and continue to suggest that the only way to do something about trolls and griefers during active comp games is to report them afterwards so they lose a little commendation points. Like that decreases the source behavior in any way.

nah dude no use, he doesnt want help yo improve, he thinks he is gm lvl but its the SYSTEM dat brings him down.the boot of the man is pressing down on him.he’s never gona climb, save ur fingers to write something to someone that will actualy take wat u say into consideration

1 Like

I have explained why I see your points as irrelevant to the subject of MY thread. I’m not the GM of the game but I am sure as hell the TS for this thread, therefor it’s my subject, not yours. You are meant to answer what I am talking about, not rant about your own points where you make this all about individual performance. That two separate discussions.

I started a thread to discuss the social aspects of Overwatch and how leaving it in anarchy creates disorder for players that are trying to create a baseline during a standard comp random que game. You want to make this about yourselves because you are full of yourselves.

It’s totally ludacris to state that I’m selfish or arrogant when I am clearly suggesting something that could backlash on me. What is to say that I wont get the short straw in team votes? I am suggeting something that we are all equally involved with in the game. Seeing 4-people groups in random games is not the average games at least in lower ranks.

The reason I am growling at every direction right now is because you are trying to detach my point from my own thread. Stop that and we can have a rational discussion.

But if you want me to listen, produce a f-ing counter argument instead of childish scribbles that makes Shakespeare cry in his grave. Give me a clear narrative on what you are saying is so good about the current state of the game instead of discussing your obvious defaming attempts on my character by saying that I’m bitter, angry, bad, bla bla bla bla.

I got Ornstein from Dark souls in a tattoo on my left arm. The souls series is my favourite game series of all time. I love having to fail over and over and over again. I’ve played most of the Dark Souls games several times. It’s silly to think that I can’t prove how wrong you are if I have too.

“If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner" - Nelson Mandela.

tldr
mate its not UR thread.its a thread in BLIZZARDS FORUMS.u have no power to legitimise ur claim of ownership.as such as the op u raise a question or problem dat u want the devs or community to adress.the problem is U ARE THE PROBLEM.get better get wins ez pz. cant tell u how to cause i haventseen ur gameplay but at that rank yeah there is definetly something u could ezyly do to improve ur rank.dats up to u to look at urself and improve BY urself.i can tell u right now u dont land ur shots, u dont combo, u definetly walk like a bot,u have 0 knowledge of area control,ur positioning probably sucks and u dont try half as hard as u think u do.dark souls is fun and all but its a static game, i stoped playing ow for a few months and went from low diamond to low gold cause everyone else got better.every match is a diferent match there is no certainty about the positioning and actions the other players will take, u can only have a rough estimate(and dat estimate has to keep up with the elo u in) unlike ds were u can grind with no real thought put behind(yeah i know it works best when u pay atention but u can mindlessly grind some areas).u getting gettin gud in an rpg means nothing in a game like this.

tldr: again; stop whinning look at ur game, figure out wat u lack and wat u good at, polish the weaknesses and take advantage of stregths.oh dark souls?cool story bro

ps: and if u gon quote some historical figure in this game just stick to the guy from art of war.lots of insights from war can be apllied to this game

Did you write that with your face?