There is too much Crowd Control in this game

I’ve only played this game for three days and I’m already fed up with it.

Sleep, stun, hacked, dead.

Sleep, hacked, dead.

Hacked instantly from who knows where? dead.

Stun, stun, sleep, frozen repeatedly, dead.

I won’t be playing overwatch anymore unless it’s with friends which is rarely.

A real shame, considering Overwatch has the best designed extremely fun character in any fps that I have played: Wrecking Ball. My compliments to whoever designed and created that character.

Hopefully this feedback will be taken into consideration.

4 Likes

Ok, your feedback has been noted.

1 Like

Well, since CC is one of the best ways to counter Wrecking Ball, you should expect people to direct them at you if you play him.
CC is usually used to counter mobility and Wrecking Ball probably have the highest mobility in the game, on top of 2 AOE CC’s and an area denial ult.
Yet you see Wrecking Ball as a well designed hero while complaining about too many CC’s in the game.

If you like mobility and want to be able to avoid CC’s, try Tracer.
Although it does take quite a lot of practice to learn how to dodge them all effectively.

Other heroes like Widow and Pharah can simply play outside the range of most CC heroes.
Although if you play Widow, you will probably find that Wrecking Ball is a serious pain to be against.

In fact most heroes have at least one other hero who are a pain to play against.
This is generally the whole point of counter picks.

With that said, yes too many CC’s are a problem and Blizzard has already acknowledged this. But don’t expect them to remove any already added to the game. Most likely we just won’t see a lot of new ones with the next couple of heroes.

2 Likes

CC has been in the game since launch, if you don’t like it then why did you buy it?

They’re not going to remove it, it’s a core gameplay feature that’s required to stop highly mobile characters being overpowered.

Do you honestly think they would advertise “We got lots of characters to lock your character down and prevent you from playing for 5+ seconds straight” on the cover?

Details like that you don’t find out usually until you start playing a game in the first place.

On the original physical box it does say the following;

“Choose among 21 heroes - each with a unique set of devastating game-changing abilities”.

Granted it’s now at 30+ heroes, but it can be interpreted that everything isn’t going to be push over and that abilities can make a big difference in the heat of battle whether it’s CC or something else. So the warning is kinda there…

I like Wrecking ball but he is countered by sombra holding down right mouse button and looking in the general direction, at that point I have to switch because she hard counters him without any skill needed.

There is a lot of cc and expect there to be more the more heroes that are added.

1 Like

If i’m not mistaken devs said they were moving away from cc. Baptiste is the perfect example.

3 Likes

well there is your problem it’s a class based hero shooter not a FPS
diffrence genre.

Understandable mistake.

FPS: First Person Shooter.
Overwatch is a Hero based FPS.

At first OW was something like 60% mechanical skill / 40% game sense, nowadays I would say it’s the opposite so it’s a MOBA more than a FPS.

Mechanical skill required is not really what defines if it’s a FPS or not.
Do you shoot each other? then it’s a shooter. Is it also first person view? then it’s a FPS.
Can a FPS have sub-genres? most definitely.

I believe that’s missing the point. The genre really doesn’t matter.

In almost any genre, having my ability to play the game get denied by an opponent with almost no warning for me to react to makes it unfun.

Even if Overwatch was a card game this would still hold true.

You’ll learn to play around these abilities.

I can believe that OW could be rough at first but CC isn’t that annoying once you get used to it.

@BuyBoomStick : Not denying it’s a FPS, just that abilities and general game sense are so prevalent in the current version of OW that its MOBA aspect is more important than the FPS one imo.

He is just one new hero without cc, hardly the perfect example, it would be great if they didn’t add any more but they will.

With every new addition to the game, there will be more and more happening on the screen at any one time. Compare Overwatch today to a game of Overwatch back from say season 2 and it would be like comparing a calm docile whale next to a sugared up 11 year old at play time.

It will only get more chaotic from here forward. There’s no going back now. The more heroes, the more stuff we see on screen.

If only there were another source of information beyond the cover… like some kind of worldwide connected network of computers you could access, that might contain further information.

Learn to mind your distance. QQ not resolving anything

the kit of brig is too cc people and all abilities of her is cc xD

consideration? no.
change your title instead
“There is too much instant kill mechanic in this game”

Thank me later.