There no defense against report system abuse

I saw some topics vanish and then come back i guess its even being abused on the forums, nice to see those topics return.

I Don’t agree. For them toxicity is everything and they just “solve” the end of it, but never why players actually get there? cc, one tricks, dpsfests… naah. not connected and not important just banhammer the “toxic” player. Same would be if after firemen rescue you from burning house you are arrested. Since you were there and must be guilty. Can’t disprove and cant do anything.

Also for a lot of special snowflakes everything is toxic. “Go f*** yourself” is, but “can u switch?” is not, “i hate satan” is not and so on

Such bully based report/penalty system saves Blizzard megatons of money.
“Do not piss off people and you’ll be fine” costs them a fraction of a proper support staff which would actually give their own TOS any weight.

1 Like

Selfish behavior is often say’d to be toxic behavior by players that consider almost everything toxic, i would just consider it selfish if some one only plays dps, however that is my thinking proces i don’t call them selfish or toxic as that is just rude, there also the possibility they are just like me only playing tank and healer on main account, and being much lower skill level playing dps, i know how annoying that is there no way around it.

This is why i want role queue actually and role based SR so we do not need alt accounts, alt accounts are often used to hide and then act the way you would not on main account, or maybe some one just does not care cos well new account is only like 20 on sale, or they just buy a account of gray market which i would strongly recommend not to do as you could be touching a cheaters account or some one with past bad behavior which could lead in future to your main account being compromised or whatever else they could do.

Never had a warning in game on 7 accounts total or silence, however i still do not believe in report system currently, however its only a matter of time things gonna be changed for the better, and even we start trusting the system, things can always be improved, especially when they add missing foundations like replay system which can give some transparency + extra proof + expose the real trolls, all while players in the replay remain anonymous except to the developers and users who moderate this game.

You one trick brigg shut up :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

1 Like

Last game some one calling for false reports against me and right away he switches to Mei and walls off entire team non stop, this is the kind of toxic behavior i wanna see punished harder.

Not true. On my main account I was banned. I have spent over 150 pounds on that account. Buying lootboxes to “thank” blizzard for the game and to get cosmetics to boot.

I was falsely reported for abusive chat by players because I ask for swaps.

Not salty swap asks, but sensible ones. Like Genji has died 3 times and I as Ana had not died once. The enemy has Symmetra Mein and Winston. Genji dies a 4th time, so while he is dead that is perfect timing to swap right?

So I say “quick, swap Genji now maybe Reaper”

So not being abusive, or harassing, but simply being a shotcaller.

Meanwhile as a support/flex player inam getting called “trash” “n*er" "faot” “bot” “hard stuck” etc…

I appealed the ban, they simply said “we will not over turn the ban, sorry for the inconvenience”.

I had never even been banned for a season, let alone deserve a permanent ban. If I had been toxic, abusive or politically incorrect or sexist, maybe then" but I literally got banned for asking for swaps. Not insulting them, not swearing, doing the very thing that the “abusive chat” report screen says is not reportable… asking for swaps.

I have 2 other accounts…

Blizzard aren’t banning to do anything other than force players to buy the game again.

This terrible customer service and extortion is why I will never be buying anything other than the cheap keys.

I have been a loyal fan, I have been a team player
, Always filling, always trying to win, never trolling, cheating or using hate speech. But I had the misfortune of having every single cosmetic item and 23k credits… So I guess they were just taking the Micky when they banned me.

I have over 20 years playing Blizzard games, but being treated like this, with no explanation, no evidence, and with such a ridiculously heavy-handed penalty…

You have lost a whole clan of players. My friends and partner are disgusted, and I don’t trust Blizzard as a brand anymore .

It’s Bobby Koticks Blizzard now, guys… And a word of warning, any money you spend on this game can be taken away by players falsely reporting you. Or by a GM making a poor and illinformed punishment.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s that guy again.

We are all human those players that you accuse of throwing may have thrown but you but the report description clearly says its only for intentional behavior, throwers would’t be an issue if many of the core issues of the game where addressed, and falsely reporting some one or even calling for false reports you basically taking part in limiting some one’s game play which is exactly what gameplay sabotage means, i really wish they would be a little more open about what kind of behavior they expect to be reported and what not, cos i am sure they intended for players to play what they want not what you want them to play and that’s when players accuse others of throwing, even tho often true there is no intentional throwing being done ever.

1 Like

My friends keeps getting reported for abusive chat and getting banning for nothing!! and it’s annoying . These people think it’s fun to just report anyone and by the way… they are the ones who use bad language. Please OW do something about it, ow is becoming less likeable.

the report system is broken and also i notice the company don’t care and will not do any thing about people abusing the report system.

1 Like

I may be wrong, but isn’t refusing to cooperate with your teammates reportable?

1 Like

Happy to see foundations being layed out now for a better game, now they only need to intergrate report system with replay system and have 10000 of players verify replays on being legit before game moderator takes final action instead of just a 100.

No report system was’t made for that or you never be able to play what you want.

If you saw the potential i see right now you be shaking in excitement right now.