This game is bad and it should feel bad

tanks don’t have enough health and they do too much damage, they are just dps with more health, tanks should be a rock on which the ocean crashes against but they all die practically instantly without shields, snipers do way too much in this game, all 3 have fantastic mobility which is stupid. the point of playing against a sniper is that once they set up it is hard for them to move, thus being counterable, but hey hanzo gets to jump around like a ballerina and be a spider up walls, and widow can just hook wherever she feels like and and they can two shot tanks while hanzo does 350 damage per headshot getting chased around and you see his arrow hanging off the side of your head and not even on it, thats fun. the ratio of tanks and healers and dps is actually stupid. you wonder why you have such a problem with teams that won’t work together, because you release a tank once a year and a healer every two years, meanwhile adding dps that just ruin the game even more like candy.

Dps should not have any healing abilities, there is way too much cc for a “fps shooter” it should labeled a moba if this is considered acceptable. if sombra or mei chooses you, you are no longer allowed to play, you just stand around looking at things until you are killed. its not fun. this whole seeing through walls mechanic is B.S., if you want people to be able to legally cheat in your games just let everyone see through walls all the time why not right ? im done waiting months while you decide to change the game to an even worse state, like you did with wow, like you did with diablo, like you did with heroes of the storm, never learned anything from those, just keep being stupid and you will implode. oh wait, thats already happening.

3 Likes

and it took you just 900 levels to realize how bad this game is?

If the game is skewed toward DPS so badly, play DPS for easy wins then.

being tank or support can be a pain… sadly there is to much DPS which is largely due to the game initially having more roles like Defense and offence…

that sort of created some very odd DPS characters and more then would have been ideal…´

people are invariably going to settle on some favorites and if there is more DPS then there will be more DPS favorites…

Even if they add in more support and tank that may not shift the existing player base very fast towards a more equal spread…

Anyway that’s how we got into this messy state…
it was poor initial game design and now blizzard has to try to catch up again and get a better balance so hopefully the player base gets a better and more even distribution…

It’s totally understandable how they made the mistake when you look at how the games developed over time… hindsight is 20/20

It’s also not an easy thing to fix… there is no magical overhaul that makes everyone happy…

ESPECIALLY NOT OVERWATCH FANS! (who will bicker endlessly like children over the slightest little thing)

1 Like

Hopefully role queue will help. As a tank main (frustrated tank main) I’ve always wanted something like this for a more normalized experience in comp, as opposed to going in to every game like a lottery, wondering what picks we will get this time.

i just worry that it will limit flex play…
I like switching roles a lot…

i which there was some softer form of 2-2-2 lock option that still allowe flex play but kinda forced everyone towards a 2-2-2-ish composition
but i have no good idea how that would work…

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted 2-2-2 but not forced. I like the idea of us having the freedom to mix it up once in a while, maybe play goats, 4 dps, whatever. I mean 2-2-2 will be so much better than the mess we have now where every game feels like a lottery, not knowing if we will get 2 tanks or healers, but I’d really like it to be an option, like a small toggle switch right above the comp button. Let those of us that want 2-2-2, like us tanks mains, and whoever doesn’t want it and just wants to play comp like it is now can do so.

Either way it looks like it’s coming this week so I’m happy :slight_smile:

fixed 2-2-2 isn’t going to change that. The lottery will continue: is our tank bad or good? is the DPS trash? Are we going to have a battle mercy/moira?
The difference will be your inability to fix anything by flexing into a different role.

That’s a very negative and cynical mentality to have. Role queue will fix a lot of problems, not all, but a lot. Focusing on “is that person who picked the tanking role even good at tanking?” is just being cynical and looking for problems.

Whether the player who picks tank or support or dps is any good or not isn’t really your concern. They paid for the game and can play whatever or whoever they like. The point of role queue is that the team composition will be something more traditional and stable leaving spawn. Worrying about if individual players are good or not is pointless. Much better to focus on ourselves and improving our own play.

1 Like

you know whats even more cynical? A statement like this when pushing fixed 2-2-2.

I mean, we’re getting role queue which many of us have wanted for years, but you choose to focus on a negative, like “will our tank pick be any good at tanking?”. I’ve wanted 2-2-2 for 2 years now, so we can get away from the mess we have now, maybe that’s why I’m focusing on the positive aspects of it and not thinking too much about what if this goes wrong, what if that goes wrong.

2-2-2 is necessary. i just hope it’s an option and not forced, but even if it’s forced, I’ll take it over what we have now.

well, thats a valid objection when changes are being implemented which allow
2 players to lock down a role.

at least I try to make sense, instead of pouring out one bs after another.
How would you imagine an OPTIONAL 2-2-2 to function? wtf are you talking about? If people wanted 2-2-2 on their own, this whole fixed role idea wouldn’t exist, to start with.

It’s fine, if you don’t get it it, you don’t get it. Let’s just agree to disagree on this one. Hopefully you end up enjoying 2-2-2 when it comes out (This Thursday?).

tanks don’t have enough health and they do too much damage

You want them to be giant ult charge farms? Great idea!

tanks should be a rock on which the ocean crashes against but they all die practically instantly

Bullets tend to have that effect on people.

snipers do way too much in this game, all 3 have fantastic mobility which is stupid

Mobility is required to get to high ground, which is kinda the point of playing a sniper. Also Ana exists.

Dps should not have any healing abilities

Why not?

there is way too much cc for a “fps shooter”

CC counters mobility, which you have previously complained about. McCree has had flashbang since launch, which is basically a projectile Brigitte stun, and not a single person complained.

if sombra or mei chooses you, you are no longer allowed to play

How about killing them?

this whole seeing through walls mechanic is B.S

It’s an ultimate ability.

If you hate the game’s core elements so much why would you buy it? None of this is new.

I do not get it? All right, then explain to me the way you envision optional 2-2-2.
People who disagree can opt out of it? Split playerbase into 2-2-2 deniers (DPS players) and the rest of the world? Because thats the only viable way IMO.

I hope that too.

Well, first of all, I definitely don’t expect Overwatch to become this perfect utopia after 2-2-2 where every game is perfect and there’s no problems. But I do think it will make most games better. i mean I checked your profile and as a tank/support player you above others should appreciate having 2-2-2, 2 tanks, 2 healers, it makes the world of difference.

As for the “optional” thing I said. it’s just an idea, so those of us who like it how it is now can play normal comp and the rest of us can play 2-2-2. Most probably Blizzard won’t do this as they like things being structured one way or another, so I’m guessing it will be just 2-2-2.

but I don’t.
Because I swap a lot depending on situation (even map) and because I value the freedom of choice way higher than a formally balanced team played by monkeys who were forced into a role by silly constraints.

Maybe now you’ll get why I said a “toggle option” might be a good idea, so we can switch between playing normalized mode and 222.

Either way, get ready, apparently it’s coming Thursday :mage:

Honestly the game feels trash. I am in elow so maybe this is a bit biased, but I’m getting teamed with 4 dps per match unwilling to switch causing me to juggle between ranks. Along with this the cc when playing any hero in this game is ridiculously insane. They said they would input a role lock system yet it’s taking more than 6 months to complete. They said there are a few dislikes they think players will hate, but why not input it in first than edit it along the way. Hell even paladins has a better Role Lock system than Overwatch and thats coming from someone who believed that paladins was a Overwatch clone. Honestly all I can say is Blizzard needs to fix something soon. For now I’m done with the game. I cannot continue playing this trash state that it’s in without getting toxic or mad or wantng to break something. So I am done and honestly I think the only way to get their attention is if you do the same. They broke WoW first now Overwatch. GG Jeff Kaplan you goblin

Even if it would not be optional, you still have some freedom, as you can choose what role you queue with. Granted, it does fix you to that role for an entire game, and I am not sure I like that either, but I acknowledge 2-2-2 role queue will probably fix a lot of problems, and then I’m prepared to take the negatives with that. I for one am tired of trying to play Reinhardt as only tank with a Lucio or Brigitte trying to solo heal me, or playing Mercy with 5 DPS on different points of the map all screaming for a heal.

Not being able to switch roles when the game has started, is the only negative point I see that is actually valid, since all the other negatives (tanks/support being bad, DPS players playing DPS support/tank, …) are problems we have right now as well.

I especially look forward to separate SR’s for your roles, if that comes with role queue. It looks like a fun idea to be able to work on your DPS SR, or to work on your Tank SR, all separately, like you’re playing 3 accounts in one.

1 Like

but now as the roles are not locked, you can flex and help with issues of your team. With locked roles this won’t be possible, if your tanks are trash you gotta stick and go down with them. I wonder how you still miss this point after x postings about it.