This meta made so many people upset and quit the game

Ciao cya bye have a good time in another game

I play Brigitte myself ( I dont always do, cause I dont like her) and shes OP.
I almost never get countered hardcore, it needs a Pharah + Junkrat to make me switch off, or else I destroy everything.

Yeah Brig feels OP now, because not many players know how to play against her.
Everyone gives into what Brig is looking forā€¦ A close encounter / Brawl. Start denying a Brig this, and sheā€™s pretty much going to be a situational pick.

She just needs a nerf to shield dash and then she will be fine, give it a 10 sec cooldown or sth. Hope such a nerf is coming soon.

There is a shield bash nerf on PTR, which increases her shield bash cool down by 1s more (ie: from 5s to 6s).
There is also a nerf to Rally that limits the amount of armor stacked from 150 armor on live to 100 armor on PTR.
However in light of all the pro OWL games thatā€™s been going on they have shown us that Brigitte is well balanced, and her pick rates been very situational instead of a primary pick around which teams are build. Considering that, adding the above PTR nerf to live can be questionable. Those PTR nerfs were primarily put in place, after Blizzard observed how the games were going on within the community playing the match making ladder.

Perhaps how she is being played in OWL would give them second thoughts, because players there know how not to feed the brig and play against her properly. For that reason if the above 2 nerfs of Brig go through, she might go from situational picked currently, to almost never picked in Stage 5 when the Brig updates hit OWL.

They have to balance for casual players too. The nerfs wonā€™t have any real effect in the pro-games, but will make her a bit more managable for the casual players.

Yes thatā€™s one way to look at itā€¦ But what if the casual players just learn how to play against her like the folks at OWL did, because what they are doing to make Brig situational hasnā€™t got anything to do with skill. Itā€™s purely a play style that they deny Brig to add value on every map / scenario by playing the ranged battles, or not giving her too many brawl opportunities.

Yeah, the only problem I see is that she may restrict the selection of heroes you can field to a degree casuals no longer find the game fun to play as their fav heroes donā€™t work unless played at a very high level. And Blizzard of course wants as many people as possible to have fun.

The ravings we hear on the forum arenā€™t representative, but it appears Blizzard has noticed she might need some small tweaks. Personally Iā€™d rather see that her ult provided a decaying armor, instead of them lowering the amount. The stun has never been an issue imho.

In league, they are running Brig before the nerf. Ans she is almost not played. Because she is to easy countered. Or the setup you need to have around Brig is to easy countered and have big weaknesses.
Its like try running bastion bunker setup on all the maps. Wont work either.

Its now still working because there is still almost no teamwork. And having no teamwork will probably be a lot less after all the social patches they are going to do. And with the rumors from last weekend, that 6 stacks not be penalized any more, we are going to see lots more 6 stacks who will have good teamwork.
So the chance you get matched against a 6 stack will increase too.
And groups with bad teamwork and lots of solo players will get drop in SR much more then the new meta ever could.

Ohh looky whos defending beigitte again what a surpsise the same guy in every damn post.

So youcalled me out for only trash talking brigitte yet here you are picking bones with the players who dont feels that shes balancedā€¦

So what you can go and say how you feel but we cant?

So what are 80% of ow player based unskilled and refusing to adapt?

I lost all the lil respect i had for you. And at this point im muting you, blindly defending something you are currently abusing LOLā€¦
Adapt my ass your 24/7 of the forums talking about how balanced and gr8 brigitte is do you even play the game at all?

I wasnt going to make a ā€œim stopping ow xause brigitteā€ post but now it lookslike a good idea just to get a kick from you.

Wicked please go ahead and mute meā€¦ I Implore you too. :slight_smile:
Thanks and Bye.

I just canā€™t help it but laugh, how I read all over the place and Blizzard itself claiming that this is team based game. Yet with every buff or ā€œfixā€ of the character they make them individualy strong. Remember Mei, Sombra buff? What was it Blizzard said was the reason behind it? ā€œSo they can do damage and fight on their own.ā€ On their f-ing own. In a team based game. Same bs now happened with Hanzo. He gets the ability to solo all the chars in game that are not behind a barrier, yet in same patch they remove that ability from one char that was intentionaly build from day 1 to do just that and has the lowest HP pool of them all. Yes, I am talking about Tracer. They nerfed her bomb(her ult-only did 400 dmg so she was only able to kill those that have below that) so she canā€™t kill tanks anymore. But give Hanzo Storm arrow(ability) that wipes them out even if they have full HP before he starts shooting at them. God forbid fixing the fact that he shoots tree logs and not arrows. But who cares, right. Brig is in the spotlight now and she needs to be made useless like Mercy before they even look at Hanzos direction.

Lol

frigitte and HANZO aswell as zarya and rein

yea

Lol ā€¦ Do you really think because a character is not played that much on a high level, itā€™s allright ? I can just compare that situation to my WoW carreer. been playing on R1 rating aswell and from my experience there were still classes that were op, yet unplayable in tournaments. Why ? Simply because you can not (iā€™ll repeat, you CAN NOT) call her fine only because player who play their champ nearly perfect know exactly how to deal with her while 90% of the low player donā€™t.

See it in a different way, The effort to be succesful as brigitte is just not comparable to a good (idk ā€¦ Ana ?) Meanwhile player with a high skillcap get more value out of a class such as Hanzo / ana or w/e than with a brigitte. Itā€™s way easier to play brigitte on a proper level but the amount of value you can get out of her is by far not comparable to other heros. Thatā€™s why many people call her OP and thats why i think she should get a completly rework. Donā€™t make her just easily able to 1v1 everyone and everything, make it so she actually requires some skill in order to do so AND reward a higher skillcap more than itā€™s currently the case.

I like to compare this whole Brigitte is easy to play and get super value out off, to a game thatā€™s been a huge success over a decade, that has around 140 heroes atm. League of Legends. In there roster you have certain heroes that are a lot harder to play, but can be quite effective if you master them, while there are those heroes that are super easy to play and pick up. If it worked with LoL, why wonā€™t it with Overwatch ? It doesnā€™t come down to effort vs reward it comes down to having a hero that both new and old players can pick up and play.

Going back to the LoL example, the easier heroes are beginner friendly, and gets picked up a lot, therefore being appealing to a wider audience. I think the Overwatch team could be learning from that, itā€™s proved to have worked in other games, and it could here too.

Yeah, a lot of people left because of GOATS. Nightmare meta, gotta admit that