Player base's enthusiasm at an all time low

Seems like everyone is on their way out

Disagree. Team 4 cares.

Management above them has screwed them over repeatedly. And now we are here.

The skill trees and hero missions were only cancelled recently. The rest is still coming, just annoying drip fed rather than releasing as a separate launcher.

Annoying, yes. Disappointing, yes. But in reality we’re not losing anything. You can’t lose what you haven’t got…

Game is still the fairly timid experience its always been

The only pve content i was and still am looking forwards to is the missions themselves and the story.

The skilltrees were a nice extra for me and unneeded for the story telling.

I understand that you were looking forwards to all the skill customisation and grinding level-ups for your heroes, but some of us are still getting everything we wanted.

Don’t generalise just because you’re disappointed.

It’s true that the devs should have been more open about this, and they did also bite off more than they could chew. They could have kept the skilltrees in the simple form that they made examples of back in the day (5 or so ability tweaks per hero). Instead they even stated at the time that they wanted to go bigger.

Not sure how the missions will be released, but at least the first one will be out in season 6. I hope the missions will release a bit faster than just one per season. One a month at least since one a week might be too much to hope for.

Some players.

They would have had some nice replay ability, but that’s about it.

More will be interested in developing the story and more lore based content. Sadly that will now be drip fed, but at least we’re still getting if I suppose.