Unlike Blizzard, Epic Games says it won’t ban players for political speech

yeah they SAY it but i’d wait to see them actually DOING it

Stop making these posts please. Also Epic Games is one of the most shady companies in existence, I cannot believe that you’re so easily conned by some random social media post… maybe if they stop buying exclusives I’ll take their claims seriously.

cheap ploy by epic games they get 0 credibility with me.

plus no matter what they say tencent still own 40% of the shares when push comes to shove it wont take much to make them bend over for china.

yeah they made some great free games like unreal tournament and fortnite etc. Where you don’t have to give a penny to enjoy. And made a great community for unreal engine which is free too, where they help the community alot. That seems extremely shady. They might be the mafia of games industry. :+1:

i know, i’m not buyng that for a second.

and they mine your data.
and they get exclusivity deals screwing those who preorder the games on steam

Did OP get paid to promote Epic? I have never seen someone trying so hard to defend some company before.

Is stating the facts which are on the internet everywhere considered defending? If someone states that 2+2=4 will you accuse them for defending math?

For example if someone states a fact that jeff kaplan is one of the most toxic beings on earth with proof from forums will you accuse them for trying to ruin his image?

h_ttps://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4g2ler/jeff_tigole_kaplan_forum_rant_from_his_eq_days/

I am putting evidence and proof all over the place but you people have nothing, you are all empty talk.

Pingu wrote the longest defending bullsh.t on top of the page, and yet you haven’t pointed that out. I love hypocrites. :+1:

I know that facts and reality hurts you a lot guys but you will face them all your life.

Blizzard does a lot of stupid things but this Hong Kong :poop: isn’t one of them. I’m totally fine with game companies refusing to let their platform being used by idiots who want to feel better of themselves by joining the new internet movement and force their :poop: on others. Screw that.

1 Like

Who, freaking, cares. We play games to avoid politics yet you bring it up!? No-one cares!

your talking :poop: about someone who is risking his life to fight for the few freedoms that remain to them.

this started as china tried to force an extredition treaty onto hong kong which would most likely be used to disapear political opponents like they do in mainland china.

thi sis not some “idiot” joining the lates internet movment.
this is someone who is trying to fight a genuine existential threat.

do you even have a remote idea what sort of attrocities china commits against its own people?

the chinese will chearfully shoot people and then bill their family for the cost of the ammo…
or stick them in slave labor camps (which people have received messages from hidden in product sold in the us)

they are also very inventive about torture techniques including controlled drowning (water boarding), stress positions and white room torture among other numerous techniques.

the ignorance you show to the threat protesters face is stunning! freaking learn what the hell your talking about!

Sorry to disappoint you but all countries have that. Humans are very clever and creative when it comes to harming another human or animal etc.

What a coincidence huh? Another Game Company rolling in just to make themselves look good and beat the dead horse. Yeah that makes me now love Epic Games :rofl:

Good try to push an agenda but that didnt work. If a game company has to take advantage of moments like these to gain popularity, that makes them trash. Period.

Also they didnt ban someone for saying something during a game, the Tournament had rules, those rules were broken, punishment comes. Was it too much? Sure, but for sure they have to enforce their own rules … otherwise, why make them in the first place?

PS: Im positive if they didnt enforce that rule, people would hate Blizzard for not doing so but then again, haters are going to hate :man_shrugging:

Harming others is a way of asserting control over others. It is the fear of harm that controls.

Control is what this is all about.

Capitalism controls and it is capitalism that was SUPPOSED to control this pro gamer. He was SUPPOSED to keep his mouth shut and do what he was told through the fear of losing his money. That control was not powerful enough and so he broke the rules anyway, and so he was punished through our systems way of control, which is to take away the money.

Blizzard is controlled via money because they fear losing their Chinese market.

The people who would be extradited by Hong Kong to China risk having their freedom taken away as they are imprisoned. Fear of imprisonment is a form of control.

The protesters risk suffering police brutality. Fear of brutality is a form of control.

If someone calls someone a ****-head on the forum, they risk being banned from the forum. Fear of being banned from the forum is a form of control.

If a country declares war on another country who has access to nukes, then they might risk nuclear war. Fear of a nuclear war is a form of control.

So basically, you’re being extremely simplistic with that response. All countries use control, but not all countries use the same forms of control and for the same levels of infraction severity.

Not all countries.

Most of the EU actually don’t do torture… sure the US has been happy to do it at their black-sites. but well they are hypocritical bastards who think their :poop: don’t stink half the time…

at least they have freedom of speech or at least a reasonable amount of it…
i would argue that their attempt to go after wiki leaks and manning was pretty anti-free speech and tyrannical of them.

especially since they jailed manning for leaking the collateral murder video without ever doing anything to the guys who treated murdering children and journalists…

the US also does double tap strikes which is defacto terrorism since it target first responders.

china at least rarely is involved in military conflicts… especially if you actually consider that china barely has a military (most armed forces belong to the party not the country itself)

if they where more militarily involved i am sure they would commit plenty of atrocities.

I suspect they are more concerned with threats at home though.

we’ll get to see how serious Epic Games is about the issue only when China threatens a ban from chinese market.

FREE HONG KONG
FREE HONG KONG
FREE HONG KONG
FREE HONG KONG
FREE HONG KONG
FREE HONG KONG

2 Likes

No I’m talking :poop: about people (fellow gamers) who poison the gaming community and platforms cause they feel entitled and need to feel good about themselves by sharing their new idea on a certain subject.

The problem is that there’s a lot going on in the world.
Just to name a few (perhaps not even the worse and some of them actually very close to us).
In Kashmir hundreds of thousands people are locked in their homes with no communication to the outside world.
In Catalonia people are fighting for their independence and people are getting locked up (political prisoners one could argue).
In France there are yellow vests protests who want the government to act on injustices for months now every sunday, which are silenced by the government rather brutally sometimes. People have lost eyes and hands and what not.
The USA has been bombing places and innocent people at weddings for decades.

Hong Kong is really not the worse at all, far from it. In fact the reason why this whole Hong Kong :poop: is getting so much attention is because the USA politics over there has been very hostile towards the Chinese. That’s the only reason. It’s entirely a USA thing but off course we here in Europe must be puppets and parrot everything the USA stands for.

So in the end the question is the following really. Are we going to let our gaming community and platforms transform in a political debate or are we going to let it be what it is and what it has always been? Because if we are gong to let it happen then it will be used all around the clock cause so many political issues exist in the world.

1 Like

Catalonia sucks! they’re internet top domain hogging jerks!
also totally different situation then hongkong!

Spain is not a totalitarian regime… back when it had a fashist leader then sure then i may be for them speaking independance… assuming they again dont stand in the way of people who wanna make lolcat websites with the .cat domain!

there are many many more people then there are countries and its simply not practical to fracture countries willy nilly…

in china’s case it would be i think… but mostly because their populations are so big that they become unmanageable and that makes the leadership a bit on the tyrannical side because they fear the people they lead…

Also again Catalonia sucks!

i heard about the 1000 year ban from blizzard. so im curious to see if they ban me for saying hong kong should be free of china. this is just to mess with blizzard after there great handeling of past issues. so ban me from the forums for 1000 years. XD

Epic Games shill begone, come back when Fortnite is dead and you go back to making Unreal.