Unplayable since update

Since today’s update, Overwatch has been near unplayable for me. Had others in the game that have reported the same issues as me in chat.

Basically, getting these god awful lag spikes (not connection related I don’t believe, but software/CPU related), pretty regular, movement completely impaired whilst it’s happening, and the sound completely drops off and makes these horrible griding/robotic sounds during the spike.

The game was working (mostly) fine prior to today’s update. Any ideas? I’ve tried a scan and repair in the Blizzard App, messed around with some settings in game and closed down other applications but the issue is still happening.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Same here. Given it a reinstall changed settings ect and still unplayable with spikes constantly

Good morning,

Please follow the steps mentioned in our Troubleshooting Connection and Latency Issues article, including the advanced troubleshooting if needed.

How’s my driving? Let me know! Blizzard EU - Customer Service Forum Representatives Surveys - Hagut

still nothing. updated bios, updates all drivers, done full virus scan, ccleaner, msconfig, reset router, released and renewed ipconfig. Ive only just returned to this game from over 6 months for it to be unplayable. It’s so frustrating and upsetting.

I have a top end gaming pc with a 144hz monitor so my hardware isnt the issue. Please get me a fix else ill just have to quit the game

I was playing competitive earlier today my season rating was 1826 when I turned the system off. I just got back home and turned it on and updated my ps4. My season rating is now at 1757. How can it go down?

Did someone find how to fix this ?

“Not connection related”

Blizzard: Heres our latency and connection issues troubleshooting guide!

Anyways the robotic sounds, I know what you’re talking about. That’s definitely CPU related but it might not be the games fault.

My game hasn’t been working at all. It’s glitching me to death and then throws me out and then asks me to login but doesn’t let me press the login button, It’s getting annoying and frustrating.

same here, I used to have low latency but now its like constantly 60-70 unplayable for comp when it gets worse and my connection before the update was perfect, anyone know when blizzard will fix this

Same it’s so wierd the game usurally works fine for me until this update. I’ll just wait a couple days if anyone from support or finds a way to resolve we’ll be greatful.

i just love when every Blizzard answer is like : please read this, or this or that to help you solve your problem… Is there like a real human person in customer support, and not just bots, that can help you with your problem. Or is your customer support just a bunch of people that are just COPY/PASTE texts

Hi Biohazard,

The behaviour you described often indicates a performance-related issue, for example something that has to do with your system’s power management or with hardware itself. Could you please make sure you’re using a high-performance power plan?

If you already have one set up, and in addition to this you also tried troubleshooting steps in the support article previously mentioned, please reply with a link to your DxDiag and MSInfo files (you can upload both to Pastebin or to another similar website). To add the links to your reply, just highlight them and use the </> button.

@Everyone else:

Guys, if you are experiencing issues please open your own threads (this one has at least 3 different issues now) and describe with as much accuracy as possible the symptoms you’re experiencing. Make sure you also indicate all troubleshooting steps you already tried - this will help to narrow down the cause of the problem.

• Latency/lag spikes - these steps could potentially help you. Make sure you follow them and if there are no improvements, run traceroute and patping tests during a problematic moment and add them to your reply. If your lag spikes are a constant, try keeping a WinMTR running during the game.
  • Disconnections - similar to the above: try these troubleshooting steps but run a traceroute and a pathping test immediately after a disconnection.
  • Performance issues (freezes, sound distruptions, slowness, flickering): again, there are multiple possible causes and it really helps having as much information as possible. If the generic troubleshooting steps here don't help, please open your own thread with a link to your MSInfo and DxDiag files.

Last but not least: if you are playing in our US game region, please use this forum, as in EU we might not be aware of US-specific issues.

Feedback? Blizzard EU - Customer Service Forum Representatives Surveys - Vyraneer

Muptiny, are you also experiencing odd sound issues, like the ones Biohazard mentioned in his message?

If that’s the case, your issue too could be more performance-related rather that connectivity-related. Please follow the relevant advice in my previous message and open your own thread with the files requested. Let’s see if we can narrow it down a bit. :slight_smile:

Feedback? Blizzard EU - Customer Service Forum Representatives Surveys - Vyraneer