Update applying

okey so can you explain me why the h3ll i started a comp game just got into the game leaved by itself said rejoined match i tapped it nothing happened then it said applying update then after the update applied i tried to rejoin didnt gave me again and now i am suspended from playing comp for 8 hours, plus it crashes sometimes because of rendering device not found.

Greetings ch1zzy

Sorry to hear you faced these disconnects to apply an update, and this got you a comp penalty. This seems likely the result of an update delay or bad installation of Overwatch.
I would advise that you try performing a scan and repair to the game by following this guide:

For your “rendering Device not found” issue this error can occur for several reasons so you should follow these troubleshooting steps:

In the meanwhile we appreciate any additional information players can provide us on this issue, so if you are still having issues with this, you can collect some logs files and email them to Techinfo@blizzard.com with the subject “Overwatch is not picking up the 1.40 update.”
Be aware this is more for an ongoing issue on the US region, as you can read here on this thread so you can provide the info there if you prefer:

These files will help ups better understand what may be causing the problem and hopefully resolve the root cause.

Have a great day :slight_smile: