US servers v Europe servers

So a friend of mine told me to try the America servers we are both Brits and play on the Europe servers after two games on the America server I have to say wow what a difference.

Both games I played everyone was on voice comms everyone was supper chill and nice and both games I got a 2/2/2 comp no questions no arguing no nothing my question is what the hell is this where the real overwatch game has been hiding for the last 2 years on servers Most Europeans can only play on if they have fibre broadband cause like I actually played overwatch with people who wanted to play as a team and work together like I can not believe it.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if the time difference puts me in games with people who are more serious about the game, or if americans are just better mannered, but after playing on US servers for a few days, I really feel I don’t want to play with the toxic waste that is the EU community any more.

2 Likes

As an American living in France, the biggest advantage in NA servers is that everyone speaks english, everyone is generally the same “race”, so most potential racism (like against the French or eastern europeans on EU servers) is much less frequent.
I think the language barriers in EU are the main source of the problem, along with the fact that european countries generally have colder people.

7 Likes

I have honestly had the most fun on this game in a long time on the us servers only lost 2 games so far one due to a dc player and one due to a sym troll and even then the rest of the team did not get toxic etc they just reported and moved on no swearing or anything I am like holy cow this this is overwatch why did no one tell me just play american servers if you have fibre broadband britts the grass really is much greener.

2 Likes

US servers truly are better. Communication, teamwork, less tilitng… and they are not as good on a player to player basis. Which are all pros if you ask me, with the only con is ping, which can be avoided mostly by playing certain heroes.

Been playing on them for two days now no ping here even got to play some reaper today its really nice even the games my teams lost everyone was supper chill no swearing or anything was just like yep good game to them they played better I am speechless also this is the most fun in the game I have had since I started.

The no ping might be just cause I have really good fibre broadband. Like my biggest advice I will give to any Britt with fibre broadband still playing on the hell hole that is EU servers is just get on the America servers like right now you will climb people talk people listen people are nice there and want to play as a team and will play 2/2/2 or what ever comp you want to suggest.

Thats not my experience at all… The games I played was much more toxic than EU…

1 Like

how odd might be a rank thing.

in EU i normally get people what dont know much english and the english they do know are all swear words (save our generation). making evreyone toxic

In NA i get the exact same however everyone knows english and its not as frequent (every 2 games)

In my experience the US servers were worse, as far as the content of the chat etc. But the US is politically different. The US forums so far have been pretty bad too. Hope this place is better.

American servers have the advantage that everyone speaks the same language across vast geographical locations. In Europe, within hundreds of miles you can hear multiple languages such as German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Danish, Swedish etc. 5 Europeans countries could fit into one single US state like Texas, so within the same geographical space, Americans speak one single language, and Europeans like 5! x) So certainly language becomes a big issue with such vast variety.

I would love to be able to connect to a US server, or any other server for that matter and play/meet people thousands of kilometers away from me without any problems and without any packet loss or increase in ping, but unfortunately technology hasn’t advanced enough yet to make that possible.

1 Like

I play OW from S1in EU , I haven’t seen any racism

You can always join the servers. Try quick play, meet people.

Completely anecdotal, but thanks for degrading the entirety of eu players. It shows what kind of player you personally are.

1 Like

Not personally, but standing by while someone insults a large group of people because he thinks that the grass is greener on the other side is so ridiculous in my mind that I couldn’t imagine not pointing it out.

If you find that acceptable behaviour that’s on you

Saying out loud one’s opinion based on their personal experience is fine. I do think EU is inferior to NA for example.

1 Like

You may have that opinion, but hate speech remains hate speech.

I don’t want to argue about whether you’re thoughts should ever be prosecuted but there a code of conduct and people should follow it. This person did not do that

1 Like

Alright, allow me to rephrase, as I do not mean every european is toxic.

I would rather not play on servers where toxic and angry players make up such a huge part of the community as in EU.

Did that clarify things?

1 Like

It didn’t need clarification but thanks anyway.

To get to your point, you’re experiences are purely objective, if you think that the us servers are less toxic than please do play on the us servers but I’ll have to say that no matter the server that you play on toxicity will still be there in droves.

As someone who moved to America and then back to Europe for two years it was quite apparent that you’ll find the exact same people in both servers

Yes, I know that that’s quite anecdotal but from my very few interactions with asian people and my previous lurking through the forums of American and European versions of the league forums you’ll get similar responses from people who have moved from one continent to the next.

I have lived on both continents myself (go Blues), and I’m not implying that the Overwatch community on either one reflects the overall behavior of the population.

Having played extensively on EU, and A LOT on US by now, I stand by my statement that there is a lot more toxicity on the EU servers. Not to mention the level of it. Not once have I been told to slit my wrists on US servers. And I’m far from alone in having this view of the player base.

1 Like