Vod Review - Support

Relatively new OW player here. I’ve played for one comp season and have been stuck in bronze since I started playing support. I played one game last night that I felt like I did pretty well in (I know my guardian angel movement isn’t great, working on that), but we still lost. I’m honestly wondering if there’s anything else I can do here? Should I try and DPS more? I don’t damage boost much when our team is getting melted, which I probably should’ve done here. Any tips would really be appreciated, I’m trying to get out of bronze!

Map: Havana
Hero: Mercy
RC: B39MH3

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I would start with watching some Mercy streamers to see where they position, who the prioritise and stuff like that.

Also, ask yourself when you play, is this the best hero for the comp / against enemy comp. This is much less relevant in bronze, but certainly a good habit to be getting into.

On that basis, a lot of time Moira can offer a lot more value to the team and be more of a threat. But obviously, if Mercy is your thing then this isn’t too relevant.

I’ve forwarded this to a couple of places, hoping a Mercy player will be able to pick it up.

2 Likes

Greetings @Siray66, welcome to the game first from all,after carefully watching your replay , I remembar my first game at Overwatch 2017 ,I pick the girl from picture (it was Tracer) :slight_smile: ,but I was very bad at aiming,then I discovered very good support,first my love was a Mercy,didn’t know to play at all her ,not even 50% of what u done in this game,I will be honest I didn’t even know how to fly for a long time, now after all these years,I am playing much better, time took its toll.As time goes on I discovered new and new heroes,Widow Maker (Sniper) - My passion , Hanzo - My true love , Mercy- My first love , Reaper - My main and so on :slight_smile: . I like your skin Dragon Mercy,but I like more ‘Royal Knight’. You are doing amazing as a new player,small tip,don’t stand on paylod,when your team engage try to be near them especially if u have Winston (u always can flank fast back to your team mates by using wings) second tip,when u are in Air with your ult,and in that time Soilder use ult as he did near 3rd point,you never fly in air u are so easy target in that point for soilder and he will always kill you first,because he know u are so important as a healer to the team.I saw u are using revival by covering your bady behind objectivs which is pretty good for an new player,well done keep it.