We need to seriously report smurfs when we see them

Greetings Everyone, I am here today at my gaming setup to say this: Please blizzard, set more focus on fixing the competitive mode and smurfs. We all hate smurfs, I hate smurfs even if they are on my team because then I will win a game and it will destroy my entire tier placement. If they are on the enemy team and I am doing very well, we lose and my stats just go to sh*t. I dont know if what I am about to say already exists but, please just fu**ing set our tier placement based on our game stats and not our losses because it is absolutely rubbish that I do so well as a gold player and get placed in low gold, atleast high gold would be nice but as a dps I think i am supposed to be a plat, as a healer i am supposed to be a gold and as a tank I am supposed to be a Silver.

5 Likes

yes totally agree the rank system is pointless its all down to luck will I get teammates that try to win this game or am I getting a bunch or trolls just playing to purposly annoy and ruin other peoples games…

If i win and I play very badly then I shouldnt get the same amount of points the other team members get if they played their role very well and If we lose but I play my role as well as I could then I shouldnt lose as much points as the afk troll on my team

What’s the point in reporting smurfs when Blizzard have openly said they have no problem with multiple accounts?

How is reporting someone for smurfing going to get any results?

6 Likes

The only result is that the people who are falsly reporting people will be banned :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I hope they do. I’m sick of those types of players who think everyone who is better than them is either smurfing or cheating. Sometimes people are just good and outplay you.

Of course if there’s a player with just 20 hours in the game and they are getting headshot after headshot with widow, playing down in silver or gold, then yeah I agree those players should get banned. Even if it means that one account gets banned, that’s still $20-40 of their investment gone.

The reason why I never report anyone is because I have such little faith in Blizzard actually caring or putting any serious time in reviewing reports, that it just seems pointless. If someone’s nasty I just block. I don’t think I’ve ever reported someone for smurfing though.

1 Like

Not really. The mass reported person will get silenced or suspended since the system is automated. So in reality mass reporting actually works to get a player out of the game for a while.

1 Like

Yup. This is why groups are so powerful. 4-5 reports are much stronger than just one and nobody bothers to check them anyway.

I was not aware of this, blizzard is just fu**ed up if this is true.

Dude you just need to git gud. Only reason you have a problem with the smurfs cause you are some bronze stuck sym/torb user with no aim who can’t kill anyone. If you would be good it would be no problem for you to deal with them.

It is not possible to do anything about them and blizzard strongly encourages buying more accounts = more revenue.

If you don’t like it it’s better for you to find another game.

3 Likes

How would you even recognise a smurf? Sure, you might THINK there’s one, but how can you be sure? Not even the level is a good judge for that, because when I first played this game - after 10 years without playing any FPS, I still got ranked into gold.
People playing better than you at your level might just mean that you actually deserve to be in a lower rank…

4 Likes

Its the same with reporting throwers. How do you know the guy you play with is throwing on purpose and not having a bad game? You don’t. So by this logic you shouldn’t report them either.

3 Likes

Well, with throwing it’s often more tangible. Is a support looking you in the eye and not healing you? Is the Symm teleporter at the edge of a cliff? Is Mei walling her team in? Does the Rein never have his shield up?
And as always, reports follow the wisdom of the crowds: if one person thinks, someone is throwing, the report won’t have an impact, if everyone thinks they’re throwing, there must me something to it - and they either got boosted to a rank they don’t belong or they throw games every now and then. Meanwhile with supposed smurfs, they are by definition going to rank up and be out of your rank soon - unless they throw. Which they will get reported for more often and with more precision.

I mean think about it, it’s around 3.5 years post launch and there’s loads of players who have multiple accounts, even streamers like Stylosa have 10 or something. If this was against the rules, it would have been a huge issue and you would have heard about it.

More accounts = more $$$

ps: I’m not opposed to having multiple accounts. I don’t mind it at all. As long as the MMR places people at their correct ranks with new accounts, all good.

Blizz has openly said in the forums that smurfing isn’t a problem. Grow up and accept that you lost that 1 game, and get the Sr back in 1 game.

Also smurfing =/= throwing. Report them if they’re purposely throwing to get down the ranks. But just because they’re better than you, it isn’t bannable.

As long as they do not fix the rank system, this will always remain a problem. If you played well… with or against a smurf… you should be rewarded /less punished.

If I am playing well against a smurf, i shouldn’t lose 20 sr … maybe 10 if I’m above avg based on statts.

I have seen an image around the election days in greece where it has like a huge croud and 1/3 says “i voted” and the other 2/3 says "I didn’t vote because it wont make a difference. This applies to ow as well. There are so many people who dont report smurfs,trolls etc. because they think it wont make a difference. A suspension takes about 100 reports i think. If an obvious smurf player (low player lvl, few hours clocked in, high asf stats) is getting reported in games, chances are he wont survive for much.

Smurfs rely on our unawareness. So just dont do it. Be a better person and just report them. When i started my alt (this one) i was reporting people every single day just because it is so god damn obvious. Low lvl, few hours, high asf stats and the kill cams shew it all. And every day i loged in i was getting 3 messages that a person you reported has been suspended. Is only me? No. Other people reported him too.

3 Likes

As a reminder: Blizzard stated way back that one tricking is not a bannable offense. One tricks kept getting banned despite that. What they say means nothing when they never check whether the reports are genuine or not.

1 Like

Smurfing is allowed. Account sharing isnt. No reason to report someone for smurfing

That’s a fair point.

How do you differentiate between a genuinely good gamer who has good FPS aim and awareness and just started playing Overwatch with good results, to a smurf who has dropped down to those low levels on purpose to get an advantage over other players?

You mean other than it’s morally and ethically wrong?

1 Like