Welcome to the Overwatch 2 Beta

Welcome to the Overwatch 2 Beta

This beta will feature Junker Queen, Rio, and support for players on Xbox and PlayStation consoles.

View Full Article

2 Likes

Let PS5 players into the game please xx

7 Likes

I bought the Waypoint Pack on PS5 and didn’t get an email.

1 Like

I see that you added customization options for keyboard controls on my Xbox series x. Does this mean keyboard support is finally coming to console, or will we have to continue to wait for blizzard to catch up to other modern developers in a future update. With overwatch being a pc driven competitive scene, it’s honestly sad that this isn’t a thing already. I hope this is actually a change we’re finally seeing and not just a fluke in the options UI design.

Why can’t I get in on ps5? I’ve bought the watch point pack.

4 Likes

Talk about pissing on people. Send an invite to everyone without attaching some random catch to it, and just send it to the people that want it. You really can not make anything right for yourselves. Sad part is, it is not lack of trying, you are just that disconnected from the world.

6 Likes

It’s not only PlayStation but one of my friends that have an Xbox also can’t get the beta even though they bought the watchpoint like me. I really do appreciate the work the overwatch team is putting in the betas and overwatch 2 but please stop prioritising PC players and let the console players have some fun.

1 Like

Deadass, Cant y’all just send the emails at once? Either ive got in or I haven’t, I’d rather know at 8pm than wait 24 hours hoping and praying

They are going out over a 2/3 week period. You will get in, you might only have a couple of days to play (unless they extend the beta)

Nope. This is what Blizz promised (source: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/23822252/welcome-to-the-overwatch-2-beta/):

Players who buy the Overwatch 2: Watchpoint Pack on a participating platform will be granted immediate beta access as soon as we kick off the Overwatch 2 Beta, or whenever players pick up the Watchpoint Pack

That’s the pack. Not the invites.

If you’re paying the money, then fair play you are definitely in straight away

Everyone who applies, will also get in

For the people on PlayStation who bought the watchpoint pack and can’t get in, just search “overwatch 2 beta” on the ps store and it should show up as free and download it

So you’re basically asking people to pay while doing YOUR job?

‘Hey dude, I have this project I want you to do for me, and while doing it I would also like to take your money’

Paying to test the beta which is something YOU should do and people are doing it out of courtesy, now they have to PAY to do it instead of it being the other way around? The audacity is just beyond words really.

Shame! ding ding! :bell: - Shame! ding ding! :bell: - Shame! ding ding! :bell:

3 Likes

You aren’t paying for the beta. You are paying for a pack of things, and they have thrown beta access on top to sweeten the deal.

This might be a you problem if you are so angry about it.

1 Like

what do you think take precedence? play a new hero now or some cosmetics later?
this is definitly paying to get into the beta, the cosmetics is just a bonus.

2 Likes

Not really, as the beta is free for all. So you technically can’t pay for it.

You’re buying all the other bits, which gives you access to a priority list.

It’s like buying an O2 phone contact, it gives you access to gig tickets early… You’re not buying that access, you’re buying the phone. The access is just a bonus.

The problem is, people only see the beta, they don’t bother reading the rest.

And learning a new hero?? You aren’t getting much of an advantage. A gold player will still be in gold, even if they play someone a little sooner than someone else.

1 Like

it’s more so to just play the new hero, people are content starved.
ask most people and they will tell you it’s to get into the beta or to play the new hero.

it has nothing to do with getting a competitive advantage.
the posts so far has suggested as much from those that complain that haven’t got in despite buying trying to get in early.

does it mean they are silly for buying it just for that? yes it does.
but people have money to spend so it is what it is.

1 Like

They will. And this is why people have assumed it’s a ploy. Because they have perceived it as being something it isn’t.

Nothing you can do to convince them. Even if they are wrong. They are the sorts that just want something to be annoyed about.

1 Like

it’s not that they choose to feel cheated, they just feel cheated because they are stupid.
but in any case, it’s still the same thing though.

they pay to get into the beta, it doesn’t change the motivation of people, and it’s a marketing ploy, it’s really not uncommon.
it’s similar to early access games that aren’t finished where people buy into those to play an unfinished game expecting a full game to come out.

they get got by marketing.

1 Like

Exactly. So it their fault, not Blizzard.

Blizzard can’t take the blame for others inability to think logically.

1 Like