What I do no get about the new Role Queue feature

I just read the overview page for the role queue system again today, what I did not know beforehand is that there will be a change for the rewards, instead of one overall point reward, there are 3 lower ones, so one for every queue. I mean of course you do not want to have players a lot more points more quickly, so you do not have the old rewards for three queues, that makes sense, but I do not know if they have really thought that through until the end.

Now assume the following: For someone who really plays for point rewards, who wants to maximise his points at the end of each season, with the new season he has to score as highly as possible in each of the three queues. I assume that a huge part of the playerbase is not super good at all three of the main roles and even if you are good at tanks for example, you might not be good with every tank.

My conclusions: 1. Those people that will try to queue and achieve high point scores at season endings in every queue, will have exactly the problem that made blizzard create the role queue update: they will get yelled at for playing a role/queue that they are not good at, so they are a detriment to the team.
2. In addition to that, there is no quick fix within a match for that problem as long as you cannot swap roles. Same thing happens when you need a very specific hero, that might be within the role that you queued for but that you simply do not excel at. So you have to play it with sub-par performance or use a non-ideal hero instead, because somebody else who might be better with the hero needed is stuck in his role.

Please tell me if I understood something wrong or what you think about that. I know Blizzard’s intentions are good, but I think the role queue update might backfire without additional fixes.

One question from me, with the 2 week beta phase, will there be a way to give feedback for Blizzard about the feature except through using the forums??

The role queue isn’t supposed to fix the varying skill of the playerbase. Sure, you might have a few games in which you describe above where you want a certain hero for some situation. But if you want to get better at the role you can then go to quick play and practice that certain hero. A loss is just a loss. It’s nothing more.

now that I did my placements again and of the 6-8 games I did with solo queue, most were horrible, so going back with the LFG feature and fixed roles it actually improved the fun and success I had again. So the need for fixed roles is maybe not that bad, if I’ll like the 3 different queues I’ll see when the beta starts, but at least it should stop people from having to do an extra account just because they wanted to pick another role and do not want to deteriorate.

I mean I am horrible at most damage heroes compared to tanks and support, but that way I can at least try them out in a lower tier.

No, that’s the old system. The new system tends to avoid just that. Blizzard has been tracking role MMR (not your general MMR) for months now, and you have separate placements for each role. Basically, when you’re a good tank but a bad DPS, your SR as a DPS will be much lower. It’s perfectly possible you achieve something like a Diamond Tank, and then when you start your placements as a DPS you’re playing with silvers, since that’s your current MMR as a DPS. You end up with an SR matching your current MMR for that role.

Not being able to switch a role mid-game is one of the more discussed disadvantages to this system on these forums, and it’s true to some extent. But usually, in normal circumstances, you end up playing the entire same role in one game. If people have to switch complete roles around, it usually ends up bad anyway. The number of games won by switching roles is, at least in my experience, vastly lower than the number of games lost because we had insufficient healers and tanks. As an example, right now we have several healers or main tanks in the game tilting and swapping to DPS because they feel that DPS is underperforming. Well, usually that’s a lost game anyway.

And you really don’t need to be able to excel with every hero in the role you queue for, just a few good enough to play competitive with and you’re fine. The separate SR system actually makes sure you can safely play any role at your given SR, without jeopardizing your total SR like the system is now.

The new role que for comp is trash. I have never been so dissatisfied with overwatch. And the fact they plan to bring this across all modes in the game. huh. I plan to uninstall if they do not remove role lock. It is vital to be able to switch accordingly to ability and performance. Role lock forces a 2 2 2 team which is counter productive to the concept of the game. If you don’t want 1 tricks and if you have limited rosters for tanks and support how to you expect people to switch up their picks? My last match with role lock was awful. SR alone is an issue because the system doesn’t contribute performance like gold and silver medals during the match to your SR. And team SR is a huge problem too. If I get paired with silvers and I am gold and we lose, I lose more SR then they do and I know I am a good player unlike them cus I out rank them. Overall overwatch has gone down hill since season 3 and 6 was the last decent season. There are way to many shields and armor in the game and the match making is an issue more now than it was before.

You can use report feature anytime.