What to expect for Season 2: Ramattra, Shambali Monastery, and the Battle for Olympus

https ://screenrant. com/lootbox-gambling-microtransactions-illegal-japan-china-belgium-netherlands/

I can only go by this article but every mentioned country specificaly targets microtransactions.

And we are saying the same thing, the word “predatory” covers the “child-gambling” stuff

1 Like

Exactly where I went.

Gambling underage is illegal is most countries… that in itself makes loot boxes a no go given the age of most players.

We still disagree that by definition for an act to be considered gambling REAL LIFE MONEY has to be involved. Randomized free rewards are not gambling, that’s just a reward

1 Like

No I don’t disagree with that. But the acquiring of the loot box isn’t where IRL money factors in. It is the value the rewards have, the value of your account goes very high if you have the right loot.

This is may be true for the Netherlands case, but other countries like Belgium and Germany specifically factors in the way of acquiring the lootbox. Selling them is illegal, freely gifting them to the players isn’t.

You quoted this from the Netherland’s declaration about lootboxes. Which also contain this part:

Netherlands Declares Certain Loot Boxes Gambling; Warns of Coming Enforcements

According to the Authority, in-game goods have a market value as soon as they are transferable

The difference between the two games is that the skins of CS-GO, but not of LoL, are currently being traded. LoL skins are ‘attached’ to the player account, while CS-GO skins are transferable between accounts. Trade in CS-GO skins is therefore possible and CS-GO skins represent a potential economic value.

Overwatch doesn’t have ways to transfer/trade ingame goods, and Blizzard does not support the sale/transfer of accounts either, they straight up ban accounts that raise such suspicion. Because of that Overwatch is in the clear of the Netherlands sanctions too.

Seriously guys. How does a thread about the latest season’s features become a diatribe on loot boxes? Get over it. Get over the monetization. That’s dead end. They’ll do with it what they think they should to make some dough, maximum dough. If they want to sell skins for a million bucks and those people want to sponsor the game, I’m good with that as distasteful as it is - that’s life. Saves me money.

As for the Battle for Olympus, just seems a bit lazy and doesn’t work well on a number of maps if it even works at all. Deathmatch is a tedious stress fest at the best of times, but I’m sure others disagree - even so it’s a minor change to a mode that excludes a lot of people. Not to mention they had to exclude a bunch of heroes and change other just to make it workable. That they even put in widow and lucio (one dps and one support) to stop it seeming a one sided tank fest is a bit of a joke and further recognition that most game modes are hideously broken now for many heroes. Perhaps it’s being used as a way to practice balancing a few heroes. Havens knows they need some practice.

Guys have you any ideas for fixing Ball yet? He was one of your best and most original designs, now he’s on the scrapheap.

Just because Blizzard don’t support it, doesn’t mean it can’t be done.

I can go buy a bronze or GM account right now to prove it lol.

You being able to do it with a 3rd party website only means that you are breaking your user-agreement you made with Blizzard and such as that, Blizzard could not be held accountable for your actions, but they would ban that purchased account right away if its brought to their attention.

Very true. But completely irrelevant here. It just shows they have a tradeable value.

You’d be surprised how few accounts bought on 3rd party sights are actually banned. The biggest issue is the OG owner being a snake and claiming it back.