What's been up with PC performance recently? (Dec. 2021)

Let me preface this by saying this isn’t a complaint, or a subtle “Blizzard can’t optimise their games” dig, I just wanna know what’s up and if anyone has an answer and/or a fix.

I’ve gone from a comfortable 240-300 FPS to 110 when idle in spawn, dropping to 70-80 during team fights. Playing on 144Hz so it makes the game quite unpleasant. Also input latency suddenly quintupling during team fights doesn’t feel great either.

It’s not my PC, drivers are up to date, hardware is in good health and I haven’t seen a drastic performance difference in other games. Closing background processes as well to make sure that nothing is eating up too much resource. I’ve heard other players complaining about frame drops in team voice, along with friends experiencing this as well.

Current spec:

GPU: AMD RX 6800 (16GB VRAM)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X (4.2 GHz)
RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury 3200MHz

If anyone has an answer I’d greatly appreciate the help, cheers.

I will say that while my best performance equals your worst, I keep having sudden dips in performance right at the beginning of team fights and this wasn’t happening before December 2021. It’s an issue both on Windows 10 and playing through Wine setup on Lutris in Ubuntu 20.04. It really feels like something changed.

The game is totally bricked right now and they won’t address it. People are disconnecting like crazy.