Whats meta? And why many players are stuborn at following the copy paste method?

I see, its nice to have a “meta lover” here and discussing calmly and objectively about it and the post was mainly about anti meta, i salute you about that and wish you all the luck :wink:

Thank you for your time and detailled explanation with examples and now i understand better the “meta” what is needed and required to play meta, its not that easy too.
Anyway i understand that they are two ways while playing overwatch.
Follow the meta or not, each of them requires skills, coordination and its difficult to master.

In the end now i have some respect about the meta players thanks to you.

I will not see them differently and dont say about them a copy past team, not anymore :slight_smile:

Meta or not meta its the same everyone is struggling, players only need to respect each others points of view and choices.

And now i respect both :slight_smile:

Good ! You have a good spirit of respecting others choices.

But there will always be toxic people and “blamers” to say something, Meta or not.

You just simply shouldn’t be offended by that, and judge the situation by yourself to make the right choices.

If you begin tilting, start debating with them, and typing in the middle of a game because of them, you’re becoming another reason to lose the game !

Keep focus, believe in yourself, and ignore all the toxicity…
I already played with you, and saw you how you handle these kind of guys, you just let their words go straight to you. You tilt, while they forget you the next game they launch ! Just Another game to blame someone !
It’s easy to know if someone is blaming or giving you advices ;), just mute the right one.

You’re talking about enjoying the game ? That’s part of it : not letting someone else destroy your mood and keep your focus and fun.

1 Like

Yes you had dive but it was easily counterable since overwatch is supposed to be like that a big game of rock, paper scissors where one counters the other and so it makes the game different and changes the action putting skill to the test. But now with Moira and brig it’s just DPS can be pushed to the side now since goats just does more damage than 2-2-2, more healing and more tanking. The only way to counter goats is goats. So overwatch moves away from the game what it used to be and now is more focused on the same fights over and over again where it’s just tanks and healers fights to see who dies first. There is no diversity or difference in the game anymore it’s just mirroring

1 Like

Thanks mate but no one blames a healer when he just heal and doesnt dps most of the time :grinning:.
But you are right and get your point i am loosing more games after i raged at a toxic !@#$ !
-“x” is not meta!
-“do some magic”(i remplaced it by nice words instead)

These kind of people doesnt talk at all when they already not doing their job and get carried when they loose they start talking !@#$ and blame each other not necessarily me but instead of blaming themselves they blame others and ruins the game mood (you saw it too).
I get it and at the first blame i just mute and continue doing my job.
Thanks mate :slight_smile:.

Meta is what the pro-level players decide is the only acceptable play format for a given season. It has no real substance within the game itself.

1 Like

Its nothing what players decided. Its simply a fact its most effective comp to win games.

1 Like

Yeah, but that’s only true because everyone runs GOATS, and no one runs its counters. It’s no more effective than anything else, because the best strategy is to swap to counter… you know, that feature the game was built around that no one seems to remember anymore?

What are you talking about? Only effective comp against goats is goats. There isnt better comp against it. Or wasnt, its not sure now with last patch change. Goats is probably gone now. Maybe there will be new meta maybe not, who nows. Dive might be back.

Nope, pros still claim goats is the meta. No one tries playing Orisa, Pharah, Reaper, Bastion or any of the other things that counter it.

The reason pro play is so stale is because pros don’t know how to play the actual game, which is why they can claim Brig is overpowered when she has a hard counter (that no one ever picks for some mysterious reason).

I understand you but in the end you are not forced to follow the meta as a good friend of mine used to say : “dont hate the player, hate the game, son” by rick sanchez :smiley:

They tried didn’t work, or these comps had other problems.
Jayne even had a whole brainstorm session long ago, where they tested out all kind of comps.

Brig itself isnt the problem the armor(or survivability) she gave was the problem
Pros play what they trained most and got used to. But they will be practisinging and testing all type of setups.
Goats will still be probably be best on some maps. And some teams will play it because that is the only setup they know (remember all the dive teams after dive were some teams only could play dive and even pro’s who could even play the dive heroes). But like dive it will be soon not played any more on most maps. Since something else became meta for that map.

I agree with the fact that goat can be countered by another counter goat variable;
In this case the word goat means nothing if you dissect it you find a team who choosed the right counters wich for me is what players do already when facing a worthy opponent making their game hard in a way.
Its just what it meant to be, select counters players have been doing this without a word called goat wich limits the characters you have to choose.
Think out of the box thats the idea wich i support dont limit yourself because of players who attended to a higher level and skill mastery than you because its their bread and butter
The only reason they live for is to win the overwatch competition, its a job.
And i am pretty sure that the goats we already know are just the fact they have been playing their characters so good (yes they are amazing) that they stuck at theses characters if someone of them played a different character and the team was efficient it will be a goat with theses selections.
The word goat for me limit the range of pics to the players who watch pro players. For me you dont have to follow something called goat because its just they were good at certain characters and team composition, coordination and communication.
You see what i mean?

LMAO :grin:

Pros are probably some of the only people who actually knows how to play the game properly, hence why they are able to go pro.
(There’s some more people who are currently not playing pro, but have enough game knowledge and skill to be able to do so I’m sure)
They are aware of close to every detail of what heroes are capable of and understand what it takes to counter it.
In the end, they have figured out that close to nothing is (was) able to win against GOATS when it’s played well enough and in order to win themselves, it’s much more likely to do so by also playing GOATS.

GOATS may seem more counterable to lower ranks, most likely because people here do not know how to play the game properly. These people playing GOATS make soo many mistakes and it only takes one to capitalize on in order to turn the fight.

In other words, the less accumulated game knowledge in a match, the less does the meta mean for winning.

1 Like

That’s the problem I don’t hate the player I really hate the game. Characters are getting majorly screwed cause overwatch isn’t the Overwatch that everyone loved anymore. It’s just a game where only a few heroes can be played