Why are cosmetics not cross-platform?

I’ve played on PC for about 2 years and recently started playing on PS4 simply because I have some friends who play on that platform. I linked my blizz account, but all I received were some loot boxes for doing so. Why does it not just unlock the cosmetics I have on PC? What is even the point of linking my account if that’s not the case? Is there a reason for this?

I don’t expect to keep my comp rank or player level, but I don’t want to have to do an event like the current Ana one on two different platforms when the game clearly recognises that my accounts are linked. I know it’s a small thing and doesn’t affect gameplay, but it really puts me off playing on the PS4 when I’ve spent time (and sometimes money) earning cosmetics and I don’t have access to them to express myself in game.

I’m not trying to start fresh to smurf, I just want to play with my friends on another platform and it would be nice to have my cosmetics.

2 Likes

To gain access to event stuff like the owl twitch events. Thats the mostly true reason for this.

So you can earn those things with a console account too.

Cross platform stuff was never possible and will probably never be.

I want to have skin transfer too.

I have been playing in PS4 for over 2 years. I used to bought at least two lootboxes each event and collect all items.

Then I started to think of moving to PC. So I stopped spending anything on PS4.

Seeing my profile on battle.net shows what I have unlocked, I know Blizzard can allow transfer between console and PC. I don’t mind paying an amount for a one time transfer, even if that can only be done once for each account (this way, you don’t worry it would be abused).

Before that transfer happens, I won’t be spending anything.

Because then they don’t get profits from you having to rebuy. It won’t be happening, get over it