Why can't I rank up? is this game rigged?

Hello there,

Kindly check my stats and tell me what I am doing wrong so I can improve myself… it seems impossible to rank up in this game… really i need help cause I started to think this game is rigged and only a little players allowed to rank up… even when i join a match im having the worst players possible and all the enemy team focusing my hero while my teamates dieing against a single hero or two…

Thanks in advance…

You don’t have to play Orisa that much, she is only good in certain maps(the ones with a big pit in the middle). It should be like 9 hours on Reinhardt and 1 hour on her.

You have a positive WR with Orisa so you should be climbing :thinking:

yes, its rigged. Once you reach your rank skill-wise you won’t rank up further, as in order to climb you would get matched against better people than you and likely lose those matches.

thank you guys for replying… i checked my stats in overbuff and im trying to find a better stats than mine in overbuff and i could not( for orisa)… really what the game want from me to do to get higher rank!? i shield i kill i damage and focus on objective and still cannot rank up… i even try to play with 6 stacks alot of times and still could not manage to reach diamond… i think there is something wrong about the mmr system not my gameplay… i watched many gameplays of famous players and i think im doing at least their same performance if not better… it is like this game is punishing me with the worst players possible because im doing good!? or am i have to perform mediocre so the game balance me with average players?

Famous doesnt equal good. Good players play with othrr good players at master and GM. You are trying to do GM stuff on plat

Sometimes the hero you main is your worst hero having played that hero for so long ties in your hidden MMR even when you gotten better already after another 50 hours those other 150 hours of bad MMR drags you down while on fresh account you instantly reach new heights far beyond of main account, this is poor game design, it can also work both ways good luck picking up dps when your MMR is cursed cos you felt forced playing nothing but tank and healer 99% of your playtime.

I’ve been sitting on this account for years and I’ve never experienced this “cursed MMR”. Know why? Cause your match history does not matter. Personal performance is taken from how well you did in the current game right now, not from your past games. It used to be the case with win/loss streaks, not anymore. So the good old myth that “my MMR is stuck” doesn’t fly here.

Most of the people who purchased a new account and landed higher than their previous one simply got lucky and won a bunch of games while their MMR is highly volatile.

If ranking is your concern, just give up and move to another game.
Unless you have competent friends to play with you won’t ever rank up

Yes, no one ever ranked up alone, no one. (can you hear the sarcasm?)

Edit:
Just played a small session of 4 games from 3800 to 3900sr on an alt. Had 3 dps pretty much every game and we did fine, most of them were smurfs btw and they didn’t stop me from climbing (even won with sombra/sym/bastion), at this time of the day only diehard fans of OW play.

BS.
Who would’ve thunk that people who have higher rank than you are actually better than you? You actually have to become better player to climb? Jeez.

OT is not performing as well as other Orisas of the same rank. Therefore you gain less for a win than lose for a loss. Its this performance relative to other players who play your character at the same rank that matters.