Why is it so hard to make forced 2/2/2

everyone is done with the skill less meta we are currently in that is goats, triple tank or triple support, and ofcourse the fact that having more then 2 dps is basicly an auto lose.

wouldnt it be much better for the game to make the 2/2/2 manditory. balancing will be way easier. you chose what roles you are able to play, this would also rule out the chances of having 6 ppl who all wanna play the same hero/role.

this actually makes me think about another thing why arent there more roles in the hero selection screen like off-heal and off-tank, hitscan and projectile? this way you could make a group way easier when you know what roles are going to get filled so you wont have a zen main and a lucio main as your only means off healing. if 2/2/2 would be enforced with needing 2dps/1main tank/1off-tank/1main heal/ 1off-heal.

and for ppl who enjoy playing tank and support why dont you just add an way to indicate all your prefered roles so you can get into a que with all these roles and just get locked into the role the team needs like for example: there are 2 dps, 2 tank (off and main) and only 1 main heal, yet you are able to play mian tank and off heal so you just join as an off heal.

ofcourse this will crate long queues for dps only players like myself but i would rather wait another 10 mins then have a game with no chance off us winning because we have 6 dps mains who all arent good enough tanks and healers to win from ppl who main tank or heal at the same level.

ofcourse this will involve a ton of coding and trail and error but i think its really needed right now because this is a complaint that has been going around since the first time triple tank was viable when ana got intoduced.

so who would be in for an update like this, i see this as one off the only ways to make the game fun for every role.

1 Like

Well, good thing you are a brilliatn designer and have thought about everything there is!

Two options for forced 2-2-2:
a) First come, first serve in the hero selection: This would lead to DPS mains being forced into roles they can’t play (and let’s be honest, DPS mains literally can’t play other roles at all), leading to pretty much an automatic loss.
b) Role queue. People are still incapable of thinking this one through. QP (the “I play what I want” mode) has about 49% DPS, 29% supp, 22% tank. It is more than reasonable to expect people to queue in those roles they want to play. Sure, in CP we get to about 33% each, but that’s mostly due to people already being soft-forced into 2-2-2. Now imagine people queueing. Let’s round our numbers a bit to 50-25-25 to make things easier to calculate, it won’t change much.
A game will start once we have 4 tanks of about the same skill, luckily at the same time we’ll also get 4 supports. Out of the 8 DPS that queued in the same time, 4 will get a spot.
DPS-Q: 4
T-Q: 0
S-Q: 0
Now let’s wait for the second game. Ah, 4 tanks again, we can start. 8 new DPS players though, only 4 of them have a spot.
DPS-Q: 8
T-Q: 0
S-Q: 0
Can you see where this is going? Never ever will the DPS-Q get shortened, unless people literally don’t want to wait any longer and stop queueing. DPS mains will get queues that are limited by their patience, and given how most DPS mains behave, there will be a massive outcry and incessant whining if that role queue ever gets implemented.

But sure, let’s do it… I’d have no problem with no waiting time at all…

1 Like

Basically everything in this sentence is wrong… Did you check the stats on overbuff? Have you played in GM recently?

Anyway Jeff said they are working on 2/2/2 but reworking the matchmaker is trickier than it looks so it takes time.

2 Likes

Why would you want to make a GOATs race into a donkey dragging contest?