Why is Moira in a "FPS Competitive Shooter"?

Yes, but once again, my point is that there are more expressions of skill than aiming. You really need to identify the other elements of the heroes before making a proper assumption of which heroes require more overall skill.

It is not as simple as “no-aim character” vs “aim character”.

And I just went from not reporting you to reporting you. :woman_shrugging:

That doesn’t really matter. More people can play heroes like brigitte, mercy and moira properly than widowmaker and tracer. Its a fact.

Oookey then… :relaxed: Well, no one can say I didn’t try.

Fair enough. I hope that you will someday find some help for your mental health.

Anyone can play moira, but not everyone can play Moira well.

Many just dps her to gold and then get stuck, it’s the next bit that takes skill, learning how to heal with her, properly.

2 Likes

Its like bastion for example… everyone complains about bastion for everything again stating that he is a nonskill unfun and unfair hero whilenon the same time being “useless”

The problem is the look at bastion and and see a big gun with a robot head and think he is a pure DPS hero… nothing could be further frol the truth

Bastion is not a DPS machine… he is an extrodinarily stratagy based hero… the “challenge” about playing him all comes from the tactics and stratagy you need to concoct in order to extract value from his DPS without beinga rusty smear on the concrete afterwards

Where to set up… when to set up… where is the enemy… flanking routes?.. when to move… what to shoot first… where are the rest of my team and what do they want/need from me etc etc

These are the calculations you need to be running through every second whilst playing bastion… hardly something i could consider taking “Zero skill” to achieve

Unfotunately most people find this tactical strategic game style boring and just want to play super jump and cut weeb man aka “genji” cause “skillful”

I agree with OP and tbh she is ruining the game for me she is one of the only heros that I absolutely hate and would not bat an eyelid if they deleted her from the game

and anyone saying she hasnt got a soft lock you are clearly trolling and its irritating seeming those comments

Is there a single person who has trouble aiming with Moira? I am asking because I’ve seen this defense multiple times - her primary fire is not hard lock. So what, is it hard to aim or something?

1 Like

It’s very easy to check out the size of her targetting in the practice range. Of course the support players who thinks she’s not easy to play haven’t spent a single minute in there so I guess that’s why.

I will say this for the 1 millionth time…

moira, does not have, a soft lock…

her attacks hitbox, is the size of a shotgun spread, the animation of her attack, is much smaller than the hitbox of the attack, hence you are fooled by imagery into thinking the attack “Locks on”, when it doesn’t, its just an animation illusion

the only hero who ever had a “Lock on” weapon, was sym… this has since been removed, now no hero has a “lock on” weapon… hard, soft, or otherwise

Why are you saying that to me? I even linked a picture of the reticle size. I know it’s not a lock on but it’s not as small as some people would have you believe either.

Sorry dude this things glitchy it was supposed to be a general reply

1 Like

Overwatch is not an traditional Competitive FPS. It’s a team based fps like Team Fortress but with more emphasis on the team play. This is why the heroes in the game have more extreme kits compared to a game where you are expected to carry yourself.

Obvious facts aside, Moira is fine. honestly she dies fairly quick even with all of her mobility and survival tools. If you expect to catch Morira out by yourself and just off her with light pressure, I am sorry, but that’s what her kit is good at avoiding.

here we go again, it has been proven on several occasions by multiple people that moira does not have a lock on soft or otherwise, the animation just looks that way & the hit marker is the size of a truck, is she easy to aim with yea, about the same as reaper, is it a sticky lock on like sym was no

vids like a year old at this point, because uninformed players moaned about it then & they will bitch about it in a years time because its better to whine on a forum than learn right :smiley:

go to 3;40 to be proven wrong

You cant compare her to Reaper, Reaper can headshot so his aiming is harder by default. It can result in different damage depending on where you hit your target.

Nice, so the video clearly states that Moira is about as hard to aim with as Winston. There we have it.

1 Like

a weapon that has a soft lock

There is no lock, “soft” or otherwise. If you cannot avoid her it’s because you’re bad

you tried so hard to be radical and failed patheticly.
it may not be called soft lock, but the hit box is so big that it basically works that way.

you r a joke.

Sounds like someone was trash at Unreal tournement…

Cant believe I didn’t see this post. I’ve played the railgun only games, in Quake 2 too. It was at the very least interesting because a better player would always wipe the floor with you, no exceptions. And when you found someone of your own skill level the games were extremely tight and exciting.

2 Likes