Why is my ping higher in OW

Why do I have 50 ms in overwatch and >10 ms in other games?
If I saw a server with 50 ms in cs I would consider high ping and never join.

Do other people have lower ping?

Greetings Sputnik!

Thanks for contacting us with this question.

If you are using the in-game latency indicator then please remember that it is showing slightly different data from regular ping and displayed value will be higher than respective ping.

However, if you feel that your in-game experience is suffering from latency, I would invite you to test troubleshooting steps provided here.

Best regards

Even with the slightly higher ping in game since the patch and the troubleshooting, it is still bad. 50 ms on a new high end machine with GeForce 1080ti and 155 fps is not fun. I live in Sweden maybe the servers there are not so good, all other games I have >10 ms.

It isn’t only about your machine and the servers, it’s also about the routers between the two. The quality of your connection can highly depend on the location of your machine and the servers and might also depend on your broadband package. I usually have twenty-something ping and this has never really changed for me since I started playing the game.

It doesn’t necessarily mean the servers are “bad quality”. Keep in mind that your connection has to travel from your PC/router to our servers, hopping through different nodes along the way. Depending on the location, the nodes it goes through, etc, the ms can vary. If something goes wrong in any of those nodes, the connection can suffer, even if there’s no issue on the servers. You can read a bit more about it here.

¿Tienes algún comentario sobre mi atención? ¡Házmelo llegar!