Why so much love for Genji

He is fun to play and very strong in every season.
-He can poke at medium/long range.
-He has very high close-range burst potential (more than tracer’s, but not as much sustained)
-Very high mobility with wall climb/double jump, being able to get to high ground while still having a dash for execute/retreat.
-Strong counter against snipers for not being a sniper.
-His deflect is to DPS as Matrix is to Tanks, and is probably, imo, the strongest DPS utility in the game next to flashbang.
-His dash resets cooldown after an Elimination (he doesn’t even need the killing blow)
-His ult, imo, is the most fun/interactive ult in the game AND can clear a whole team with it. It is still after 16 seasons, one of the best team-wiping ults in the game.

He is one of my favorite heroes, mainly because he is fun to play. It’s a very interactive hero for this type of game. Maybe give him a try. :slight_smile:

Edit: Reading over the comments, and seeing so many people only giving an answer like “oh children will be children, arrogant players, etc etc” Just give people who are good at Genji a bad name. You have no idea how many games I go into where before the doors open people think the Genji on the team is going to throw. Genji has been a high-tier hero since launch, and I still can’t grasp why people automatically distrust them. Give them a chance, if they are arrogant it is the player, not the hero. I see plenty of Sombra/Tracer players that act the same way. They play high-skill-cap heroes without the skill to play them at full potential, and the people with the same level of skill as them blame it on the hero.
“A sword is only as powerful as the man wielding it.”

Edit: The argument about the POTG is pretty laughable to me. Any Genji player above diamond will tell you, 70% of the time, you are poking for ult then you wipe them with blade, repeat. It’s pretty obvious they get play of the game, seeing as their ult is one of the few in game that can clear a room. You are acting like you never see a Reaper or Dva bomb POTG on a daily basis. When was the last time you saw a Genji POTG where he just dashes around with shuriken and gets a 3/4k? Not often because THAT’s where he is a higher skill cap hero. Blade is easy to use, and so is building it. Bursting with his kit outside of blade is the harder to master part.

I don’t really know why i love genji so much, i haven’t played him that much because he’s so hard to master. But ever since i even got the game and looked at the heroes i’ve alwasy wanted to main him.

And now when i’ve been playing for 2 years i still haven’t played him that much, but the reason i like him so much is because of his lore, and just how bad ass he is. Even when i was younger i thought ninjas were very cool as well.

Genij is freaking overpowered that is why people play him. he can take down an entire team. and with his jumping around he is hard to get so can defend point untill backup if there